Content

Linux version

16aR View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, October 30, 2009

Hello,

I'm totally new to zeq2lite, I've heard of it while watching some old Bid for Power video on youtube.
Seeing the ZEQ2 video, I was really impressed and wanted to know more.

I've seen your project has been opensourced and so I could access the code through SVN.
As I discovered, there wasn't any linux version. Any plan on doing one ?

I am actually trying to compile it through the Makefile of the Engine dir. Any tips ?
I think there are problems with oldish Makefile done for ioquake but not so much updated for ZEQ2 ? Am I right ?
What am I doing wrong ?

Not to say I'm really interested in your project Very Happy

Alex Al Knows View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, October 30, 2009

As far as I'm aware, JadenKorn is maintaining a linux build. If I see him in IRC I'll point him in your direction.

In the mean time, the windows build should work fine under Wine.

JadenKorn Totally Explicit View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, October 31, 2009

Currently the Linux build only works for the internal team revision, but it is planned to be released to the public along with the Mac OS X build. Sadly, the current public SVN revision is quite outdated, you will face many problems compiling it. But as soon as Public Beta 2 will be released, both the binaries and the source codes will be released to the public as well. Also a 64-bit of the Linux binary is currently under development (have to fix an discomforting bug regarding spawning). Everything else looks great, tried on quite a few popular Linux distros, and it should work quite well on all of them.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]