Content

[ NOT A BUG] error when changing textures

boris View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, July 16, 2010

recrusive error after: Z malloc: failed on alocation of 18267100 bytes from the mainzone. copy console log to clipboard? yes/no ?

this eror I got when I try use character witch I changed textures in COREL- just in corel it happens and when I say why/N nothing hapens.

Laguna|DaGGeR View user's profile Send private message

ywhen you chnaged the texture make that the texture called like in the shader I mean it must be the same like in shaders or the shader file don't configure it

it's the same name its works normal in Photoshop when I do it but in cirel doesn't work.

Laguna|DaGGeR View user's profile Send private message

the older texture name must be the same like the new one

try this^^

I know, I told you I did it just doesn't work when I use corel on it

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, July 17, 2010

Make sure you aren't using a progressive JPEG or other non-supported texture type.

I make bitmap, its all same as the original img its just have 13mb picture after I use corel on it.

JadenKorn Totally Explicit View user's profile Send private message

Woah! Be memory conversant for a while. Nobody wants to load a 13MB texture file. I mean seriously, just add a few of those textures and guess what? The game will use all memory, and you'll going to remain with none. But since it can't take the already used memory by force, it will stop with that error message. Only people who have really plenty of RAM memory will able to run it (but not even then ZEQ2-Lite wants to be started).
BMP files are junky to say the least. Try using .png or .jpg's, since they are both lossless and compressed.

It's not a bug, it's an intended feature. Now if the game would've ran even if you have lower than needed memory available.. Not that would've been a serious bug.

ah so you think I can't load because of size. okay I will try to compress, but will it work if I change the size of the img or will it work if is jpg? I will try tomorrow.

JadenKorn Totally Explicit View user's profile Send private message

The regular Quake 3 is using .jpg texture datas, but we use .png's because it's.. well, supported and a free format.

no those other textires are bitmap files

Reply with quote Monday, July 19, 2010

okay I make 50kb file and its working now, can you tell me what is the max size of texture can be? and how I can export characteer from ZEQ2 into 3dmax or blender?

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]