Content

Songoku concept

Lfs Z Artist View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, May 03, 2010

Since I couldn't find my old thread, I'm creating a new one.

Last day, I found this one lying on my hdd and decided to work on this piece and update it with my current power. Wink

Still a heavy wip.

Laguna|DaGGeR View user's profile Send private message

the face looks really REAL^^ but I like this Goku it's the best Goku clothes in Dragon Ball Z in the freeza saga!

TRL View user's profile Send private message

The lighting needs work. Overall all of it looks too light and with the exception of the face a major light source/direction isn't apparent enough.

Topology wise, the direct frontal view isn't the best choice, with the arms being all symmetrical like that. Put a slight turn in the "camera" from left to right as well as from top to bottom. Which will make it look a lot more dynamic.
Next to that he also looks quite stiff, just holding his arms up for no particular reason. His whole body should take the pose, a slight bend over torso, lifted knees to show his anger.

In conclusion start over from nothing to really show your progress.

Lfs Z Artist View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : In conclusion start over from nothing to really show your progress.

Didn't understand this part.. This is completely... "random"? I mean ... What for?
Dude. Reasons, I'm drawing because I want that :p. And I can draw how I want, show as much as I want. And again, this is just for practice purposes. And I admit that I am terrible at drawing if that makes your day.

I will definitely take your critics that are logical, but the other part sounded to me a bit... weird? In fact, this is an old drawing which I'm fixing and I haven't said it's finished.

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Well I didn't really know what pose you were going for, since it seems to be a mix between the anger pose and the cool guy pose.

Also it seems weird to me to try and improve upon an old drawing. Skill at drawing isn't only the touch up Photoshop coloring. The concept and compositon sketch phase is actually the most important one. So that's why I say, just make the same or a similar drawing of Goku from the ground up and you'll be surprised at yourself how much more it shows your progress. Doing a drawing allover can seem pointless, but each time I forced myself to do it, it has been very fruitful and I never regretted it once. It always comes out better then at first.

If you're just messing around with an old drawing a bit, that's fine too. Razz

emirh08 View user's profile Send private message

the elbows up to the hands need to be moved out more to give it that cool lord slug dvd cover look,and then it will look more decent,oh and with paint shop,strech out the body a bit,only height not width.

Denz Exploitative / Efficient View user's profile Send private message

loose the background, it has too much detail making it over powering the character, if you are doing it like that, paint over a heavy blurred background so that your character gets in the first plan. Add more detail to the hands so that it pops out as if its in the perspective, make less details behind the hands. Add more detail (by detail I mean more precise brush) on the face and that's that. Work around some shadowing later when you have a proper sketch of it all. Think about where is your light source and just slap a basic layer over it with some shadows.

follow my instructions and you will draw better than anyone (even trl Smile )

Konan View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, July 31, 2010

Its Chatwin in Dragon Ball Movie 2. Very Happy

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]