Content

<<  1, 2, 3  >>

Dragon Ball Z Unleash The Force

brendon View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, August 20, 2010

soon I'm going to own a biig comapany and make sure no one closes this site I'll pay 1 billion dollars once I get my company to keep this site up

edit: I'll have that company by pb5

Konan View user's profile Send private message

Haha..well yeah like Naiteki Kensei and Earth Special Forces 1.3..or they..just wait for become more famous and than shuts down? Very Happy Or they play with those games to?! x'D

void View user's profile Send private message

brendon wrote : so does that mean I'm not allowed to use this blue eyes white dragon as my profile picture >.> fine I'll go return to google haha

edit:why would pictures be on google if you can't use them

1. There are no pictures on Google, they all link to the original page with only thumbnails being displayed via Google.

2. Google's thumbnails fall under the category of fair use, as Google does not show the complete image but only a part/resized version and actually properly references the original work.

3. If the author doesn't like this, he can request instant removal of said thumbnail and link, furthermore any non-malicious search engine bot will only scan and index data according to the meta tags and robots.text file of the website, further allowing authors control over their product.

You likely have no rights to use your avatar, fair use shouldn't apply either. I have no idea where you got it from so I can't tell for sure. In case you own that Yu-Gi-Oh card? it's a different story, taking a picture of it and using that would be very well allowed, although only as long as you're not trying to multiply that card.

Oh dear so many new posts!

ZEQ2 Lite doesn't use the name Dragonball Z as far as I know, the trademarked name and logo aren't referenced anywhere other than maybe the webpage in a very lose context that equally falls under fair use.

Furthermore the names of individual characters and planets aren't protected and even if they tried at least 50% of all judges would deny copyright claims. That is for the simple reason that they are common names words. You can't just go and get the copyright on something like "Thomas" or "John" and then try to prevent others from using that.

It may be a different story if you specifically used the complete names but ZEQ2 Lite doesn't do this to begin with, I'm pretty sure you won't find a single text string containing "son Goku" or "Piccolo daimao". I don't remember what Goku was, but Piccolo is a flute so that name isn't "original work" of toriyama to begin with.

Faulconer's music well that is indeed highly illegal and could lead to major buttocks busting, unless whoever holds the copyright gave written permission to use it and/or it is under a public license.

The looks of characters can theoretically be protected too which would make the models illegal, however this is another pretty complicated case where the person claiming copyright would need to prove that it is indeed an exact copy of a very distinct character. It is generally more a case of intellectual property than regular copyright, whereas you as copyright holder would need to prove that your idea was indeed "stolen" and your rights violated. Majority of judges would likely rule in favor of fair use with this.

Then there's the case of stealing models from a game. In this case you're directly and clearly violating copyright as you aren't the person to create the product.

Basically being safe from copyright claims boils down to 3 questions:
Did you create the concept?
Did you create the content?
*Do you have proof of permission to do whatever you're doing with it?

* = Rightfully owning a copy doesn't equal the permission to redistribute it. This can be exploited, as ZEQ2 Lite could for instance play Faulconer's tracks if they exist on the hard disk in a specific directory where you placed it yourself or directly from the CD. Many linux games are deployed like this, where the free part of a game (patches for example) aredistributed by the package management system (so equal to an installer), while it is up to the user to either put in the CD during installation for the rest of the files to be copied or manually place them in the proper place himself.

nah myfriend took a picture of that card and gave it to me so I'm fine

JadenKorn Totally Explicit View user's profile Send private message

As was discussed before, ZEQ2-Lite enters the direct category of a fan-made media. Just like a fan art or a fan video, this project enters in the category of fan made digital interactive media project, or a fan made game for short.

void View user's profile Send private message

Edited my first post, cause I missed some posts while writing it!

Also your "friend" doesn't count, then he'd be allowed to use it but not you.

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Faulconer's music is remixed by Circlerun. I don't know whether or not this was done to circumvent the copyright laws.

medoxas View user's profile Send private message

OH MY GOODNESS This is so fail Very Happy And Unleash The Force? *laughing out loud* its so l4me.

void wrote : Edited my first post, cause I missed some posts while writing it!

Also your "friend" doesn't count, then he'd be allowed to use it but not you.

it was a picture of my card though so I have every right to use it

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

as far as I know even the Dragon Ball Z character names and attack names are copy right , so you even the music is edittid and edited is still the remix of the original so in a way riiping dbzbt3 or making a game with Dragon Ball Z names and caracter with out licence is the same

AnTycrisT RocksTar View user's profile Send private message

I have a question... you are doing your own edits? or you just search in the other threads?...

Kronix` View user's profile Send private message

Here is a update Piccolo Damaged

Zaneo View user's profile Send private message

Kronix` wrote : Here is a update Piccolo Damaged

lay off, kronix`/a really cool guy your just mimmicing my project, this project serves no point. and 1 more thing, you think you're part of my team or something? you post a lot I my Heroes destiny and more, you even create a modb page, please stop, you're not a part of my team and you're making my project seaming rediculous.... let me do it myself okay ?

Kronix` wrote : Here is a update Piccolo Damaged

p@thetic...

what is wrong with Piccolo

Kronix` wrote : what is wrong with Piccolo

are you serious?...

Djsonic View user's profile Send private message

-sticks a middle finger in the picture- I think he is not serious.

yes I'm serious and I'm not a really cool guy I'm kronix so call me kronix

Kronix` wrote : yes I'm serious and I'm not a really cool guy I'm kronix so call me kronix

Do you not have anything better to do in the real life?.... and everyone know you're a really cool guy so... do yourself a favor and stop making the ridiculous...

hhahahahaha not a really cool guy huh?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ZEQ2-lite-heroes-of-destiny

check at the developer...

Developed By a really cool guy

Djsonic View user's profile Send private message

Zaneo wrote : hhahahahaha not a really cool guy huh?

I AM RIGHT. People I forgot to tell like I just said in the chat.

a really cool guy is watching this forum. And he is not going away. He will never log until people are not logged in the forums.

VisualBlack wrote :

Zaneo wrote : hhahahahaha not a really cool guy huh?

I AM RIGHT. People I forgot to tell like I just said in the chat.

a really cool guy is watching are forums. And he is not going away. He will never log until people are not logged in the forums.

he is like a pedofile, sneeks around the corners, searching for something to snuggle.. Surprised

in this case projects

check it properly

Reply with quote Saturday, August 21, 2010

Update 2

Reply with quote Saturday, August 21, 2010

you got to be shittin ? seriously what the heck's with that we-irdo Vegeta and please a really cool guy just give up on spamming these forums, just leave please....

<<  1, 2, 3  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]