Content

Gamemode: father and Duel

Darthlex View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sorry if I come off as a person that feels like he knows exactly what this mod should be, that is not it at all, I just want to give my input, in hope that you all might like it =)

father, also known as Full Authentic, is a gamemode that I find to be the most lovely and thoroughly correct one, possible to implement in games build over already existing stories.

I am mainly inspired by MBII (Moviebattles II) a mod for JKA (Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy) which also builds on a heavily modified Quake 3 engine, produced by Ravensoft.

I've read a bit around on these (yet) quite small forums, and from what I understand so far, you got certain characters at your disposal in each map/saga, and from that list, there can be an unlimited number of gokus/krillins/Friezas on the map, and they can attack/kill whoever they want to, based on their mood. If that is not true, please feel free to correct me, so I'll understand =)

father works like this:

The map is bound by the rules of a Full authentic game, which means;

*Only one of each character
*Each character is only as strong as they were at the time at hand.
*Good/Evil teams are actually divided by who's good and who's evil.
*Teams are balanced only by power/skill, and not by numbers.

Some of these might already be planned, I wouldn't know.

It is quite simple. In Dragon Ball Z many of the fights are often based on 1 character on the evil side, being a stuff lot stronger, than even *everyone* on the good side, as so:

Nappa power: 100%
Krillin power: 15%
Yamucha power: 10%
Piccolo power: 25%
Gohan power: 5/35% (rage)
Tenshinhan power: 15%

Which would mean, that even combined, without Gohan's rage, they would only reach 75% of Nappas' power, and he would therefore still be 1/4 stronger than all of them together. However, working as a team, skilled players could possibly take Nappa out, even at those odds. This gives the optimal movie-like conditions, and it also keeps balance.

This wouldn't optimally work in battles like Vegeta vs. Goku .. So in those battles I suggest something along the lines of

Dueling

I guess the name says it all? Dueling works as so:

1 vs. 1 - Players fight one on one against each other, with their respective characters, the survivor wins. This form can also apply to father, where characters fight each other, the remaining people spectate, and get their chance when either of the two other dies.

Dueling is done in smaller maps than the usual large maps that FFA (free for all) or father (Full authentic) are based on
____

These are the things that I'd really like to see implemented =)

Thoughts anyone?

chad91 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, September 21, 2009

that's a great idea, but I think the designers probably have something sorted already...at least I hope so. I just really want them to keep going because this game has such awesome potential

supermonkey View user's profile Send private message

I condone this message.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

I mean absolutely ZERO offense when I ask this next purely rhetorical question, but did you just ask a former mod that pushed a ridiculous level of accuracy in all areas if it would have an "accuracy" gamemode?

Of course! In fact, majority of what you discussed is already planned or even has a foundation in place right this moment.

There are two important facets we always push when implementing any feature in ZEQ2-lite.

• Make sure it has a series-counterpart. Try to replicate the actual mechanic for a particular feature from the show in all regards to behavior, functionality, and visual aesthetic.

• Practice player skill over character skill. This is to say, all mechanics should be based around the player's actual capability rather than just having a statistical number settle things (a common MMORPG flaw).

A Super Saiyan 3 could be bested by a Super Saiyan even as long as the fighting experience was there. This is actually enforced by the FIRST point if you consider that Ginyu took control of Goku yet was unable to fully realize the potential because of his personal lack of experience and understanding with using Goku's power.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]