Content

1, 2  >>

Krillin.

TheXenon View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, November 15, 2009

I've noticed something.. Krillin on the home page doesn't match the krillin from the Saiyan saga in the anime. For example he does not wear the blue shirt under the orange uniform, also he does not wear those boots he wears shoes shown in this picture.

The only thing wrong in this picture are that his clothes are damaged and the slippers are black instead of blue like in the original series.

Malek View user's profile Send private message

agreed the other is from cell saga

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Few things.

• Your reference is not from the series and thus unacceptable for our use (even if Toriyama himself drew it). The eyes are whited in it for one.
  • Our Krillin model was made YEARS ago (as were ALL the models present) as ZEQ2-lite's goals was NOT to do new content, but rather use the content already existing from 2005-2006.
  • We always used the latest saga drawing/proportion style for our models to avoid needing drastically different meshes per saga (our modellers simply would not go for it).
  • ZEQ2-Lite is not ZEQ2. The goals of accuracy don't remain.
  • It may be fixed if we get the time. There's little point of reporting discrepancies like this as the game IS open-sourced and openly available all around. If you feel there is an aspect to change, change it.

Ah thanks I didn't know about the differences in ZEQ2 and ZEQ2-Lite.. Anyways I was just refering to the shoes and the under shirt.. The drawing for those things are the same as the episodes (I went and looked.) But again yeah I didn't know that ZEQ2-Lite wasn't focused on accuracy as ZEQ2 was.

Malek View user's profile Send private message

its disappointing that ZEQ2 lite has limited accuracy like no story mode 20max characters no breakable earth even with Genki Dama and others..... Crying or Very sad

Malek wrote : its disappointing that ZEQ2 lite has limited accuracy Crying or Very sad

Agreed.

MDave ZEQ2-lite Ninja View user's profile Send private message

Malek wrote : its disappointing that ZEQ2 lite has limited accuracy like no story mode 20max characters no breakable earth even with Genki Dama and others..... Crying or Very sad

The heck you talking about? It's the most accurate representation of Dragonball z on the PC! And will probably always will be!

Reply with quote Monday, November 16, 2009

True because dragonball online is WAY off but I don't think that was their goal in the first place. And I think Malek was referring to ZEQ2-Lite having limited accuracy.. compared to ZEQ2. I don't think he meant to say it isn't accurate.

TRL View user's profile Send private message

I can agree about using the latest saga designs, but Xenon is right about the model though. No point in releasing saga based if the characters aren't from the respective saga. You could wait until the cell saga to release this krillin, but I don't think people will like to hear this. Wink

No point in releasing saga based if the characters aren't from the respective saga.

The decision for saga-oriented updates was based on the characters introduction, yes, but not necessarily the style and presentation from that saga. Our Kid Gohan, for instance, is MUCH taller than he was in Saiyan Saga but dawns the same general attire.

We're plenty aware of inconsistencies and would surely fix them if we had the resources, but you have to realize THERE IS NOT A CONVENTIONAL CENTRAL DEVELOPMENT TEAM as many of you seem to think there is. This isn't a standard hierarchy of developer and user. The project is open-sourced and assets are all freely available for usage. Anyone is free to do their own assets and approaches to code changes if they disagree with design choices.

We are but one set of loose developers on the project. It's not a full-time endeavor as ZEQ2 was. The idea was NEVER to sustain a full project, but merely to polish up and hand back an OLD representation of ZEQ2 from years past and let others continue on if they see fit.

ZEQ2-lite is a community project, not a proprietary one. If you TRULY desire to see its growth, you ALL must take part in learning to help it achieve new heights in some ways. This is not a project simply for players and "idea men". If change is something you want, pick up a hammer and get to work!

And that is why most of us will go to a different game if things don't change because that is pretty fail you wan't to start us out with this and see where it goes? What..? you want US to complete the game for you? I think you should keep things to your self and make things the way you think we would like because I don't trust these fan made addons and things like that.

Japieja Beard with a Conscious View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I hope it won't end like that, the community making the new maps and models, because honestly, the things I've seen so farmade by the 'fans' were pretty trash..
No offense to anyone, but they just don't fit with what's already made by zeq2lite team.

I think you should keep things to your self and make things the way you think we would like because I don't trust these fan made addons and things like that.

This is NOT a mod project by any means. Some users on these boards, while I realize may be quite young seem rather new to how open-sourced software functions. Generally the premise is that an original developer will provide a baseline idea that he/she may or may not continually maintain. However, since all resources are available, anyone can extend, reuse, or branch the project outwards regardless of the original developer's availability or desires.

There are HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of projects like this and the only real complaints about such an incredible, free, and open design are those that come from business' trying to compete commercially. Daring to complain on reception otherwise would likely just result in the perception of impractical selfishness.

Let's put it this way. If one is freely given a water-powered car and blueprints on how to build said car, one should not complain about the paint color. (especially in this case since paint would be analogically provided).

hope it won't end like that, the community making the new maps and models, because honestly, the things I've seen so farmade by the 'fans' were pretty trash.. No offense to anyone, but they just don't fit with what's already made by zeq2lite team.

Everyone has to start somewhere. Almost all of the former ZEQ2 team started where many on these forums are. Same steps. Same process. New generation.

The difference is the access to knowledge we hope to provide through these boards as well as the general tools, methodologies, and resources.

And that is why most of us will go to a different game if things don't change because that is pretty fail you wan't to start us out with this and see where it goes? What..? you want US to complete the game for you?

It's wonderful that such bold declarations are being made "for" the community, but is it in fact realized that these idle threats being made would have to be directed back at the community itself?

Additionally, I still don't think there's an understanding of the history behind this project, what category it resides under, and how it likely compares to other "games" one might play.

The content/premise of ZEQ2-lite is not something new. As I said before, there is no conventional development team behind it and has not been for MANY years. Those that remain are simply caretakers of the concept -- here to guide each of you to aspire to new heights.

The goal of the "lite" version was to give everyone a bite of history in hopes that interest would swell (which it has, indeed). With passionate, dedicated, and eager minds willing to learn, grow, and develop themselves as hobbyists or professionals, there's always a progress path.

Alex Al Knows View user's profile Send private message

I guess some people just don't care about the history or purpose of a project, Brad, they just want a new game and new things to be added right now.

Personally I'd like to echo what Brad just said. Every one working on ZEQ2 (and most mods along with a good number of pro game devs) started out as fans of mods with absolutely zero understanding or knowledge of game development, model making, texturing creation, programming, level design or what ever. We all got interested in learning how to make mods and games ourselves and went through the paces learning from various resources around the net, from books, from fiddling with mods, from any place we could learn from.

It really gets on my nerves when people complain about how diffificult it is to learn, how there's no one to teach them and that there just isn't anything to learn from. Those excuses are just excuses and the actual reason is often "I can't be bothered." Compared to ten years ago when I was starting to learn about modding and game development, when there really wasn't much in the way of guidance or help online, learning such things today is an absolute breeze considering just how many millions upon billions of sites there are dedicated to teaching beginners what they need to know to get started in any game development field, be it artistic or technical or technically artistic.

Despite the overwhelming wealth of knowledge available, interest in modding by the youth of today is dwindling. Back in the Quake 3 days everyone and their dog was getting into modding because it was so simple to add your own stuff to full mods you enjoyed.

ZEQ2-Lite isn't about dumping out a half finished project and saying "there you go, finish it off cos we're lazy." It's about, as Brad said, letting fans in on a part of the project's history and rejuvinating that whole modding orientated community and potentially encourage the next "generation" of modders and developers to start on their own stuff.

What's so hard to grasp about such a concept as this? Where's the legitimacy in making such complaints about such a concept? Seriousy, it's like complaining that Epic released UT3 half finished and expected the people buying the game to finish it off themselves just because fans modded it and Epic gave everything everything that was needed to mod it along with all the support and documentation you could need.

If I was in the position of a lot fans I'd be jumping for joy that these experienced developers are offering such personal levels of help and tuition and saying my work could make it into the main project, not complaining bitterly about them doing just that.

Alex if you want to go through the pain time and trouble of helping me step by step learn how to model texture and whatever else I need to know to succsesfully make a model for this game then just say you will and I'll do whatever you tell me to do I'm willing to learn but I seriously have 0 knowledge of this stuff I tried to learn from a tutorial online the other day using milkshape but it was just too complicated for me I just need to know where to start.. what are the first steps you need to do when modeling and things like that.. Maybe you are willing to help me out. I want your help. Smile

Don't you worry guys! I'll make the right krillin if necessary.

^ *laughing out loud* that's hardly what's going on in this topic anymore. I think this is far passed the krillin issue.
Also I don't know how this got to be what it is I was just posting what I had noticed on the home page.. krillin did not look like the same krillin I saw in the Saiyan saga.

Alex Al Knows View user's profile Send private message

Telling yourself something's too hard for you to do is a sure fire way to get a mental block in the way of doing it. Thinking you need to have your hand held every step of the way is a further method of establishing a mental block against being able to do it.

If you can't put the time in to learning yourself and stick to it no matter how "bad" it goes then it doesn't matter if ten dozen professional tutors came to your house and personally walked you through every single aspect needed you won't actually learn anything or be capable of it. Like any art or skill it takes many many many hours of practice and understanding to become proficient.

If you don't understand one tutorial, go find another. Read all the tutorials you can and something may click in your head and give you the starting block you need. Even mess with the program yourself without a tutorial and experiment, experiment, experiment.

Don't worry if you don't know what something does, experimenting with it will show you. The idea is to not get disheartened about running into roadblocks along the way but keep plugging away at it and stay determined to learn, progress and improve.

On a coding example, for a couple of weeks I was stuck on two major problems with the skeletal animation system and not progressing anywhere with it. I kept at it, though, and eventually sorted them the other night. If I'd have thought "this is too hard" or "I can't do it" then chances are I would have never have figured out the root of the problems. It's all a matter of staying positive and wanting to do what you're wanting to do Smile

And sorry but no, I can't help you with learning to make models. Sure, I know how to model and texture and map and animate, but I'm pretty bad at it as I'm a coder, not an artist. For all the understanding I have I just don't have an artistic eye. You're best off asking one of the artists for artistic help.

Well what's important in learning these rather difficult new skills, whatever your intelligence (understanding of big words Wink ), is to not give up on the first trying to get these things. If one tutorial doesn't make it clear, try another. You'll get at least some extra information from each try you undergo.

Remember, nothing is improbable! Razz

mel "I'll Mop Your Face!" View user's profile Send private message

Okay I'll put a solution on the table; Give us your content then we can take it from there, at least we would have a base on where to begin. release all your models, stages and scripts, if this is an open source, then open your sources to us. We'll help polish the game up from there. I know this is feasible.

I'd ask TRL but he has made it very clear he does not like that Sad

Okay I'll put a solution on the table; Give us your content then we can take it from there, at least we would have a base on where to begin. release all your models, stages and scripts, if this is an open source, then open your sources to us. We'll help polish the game up from there. I know this is feasible.

They are open to anyone who pops into IRC and asks. The only reason we haven't thrown them into the developer assets thread is that we have to collect, organize, and properly provide several formats for many of the assets still. Any takers to help finding an FBX (or otherwise) interchange solution for 3dsmax and Milkshape (since many seem to use this) that preserves the skeleton/animations?

The importer I use for max can also include the animations and even the tags for the auras, so I discovered. Now I can edit the models a lot easier!

The-Kakarotto View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hmmm. I like the idea of fans making stuff for people to use. To be honest, I think it is generous and I'm extremely grateful for it. They took THEIR time to make something YOU want. Why throw it in their faces? They put loads of effort into it and you call it trash? At least say something more suttle.

2Advanced View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, November 21, 2009

Is this argument really about how the Krillin looks? I'd be happy if there was a Krillin inputed at all for starter then working on the looks to match the saga, not vice versa. I only played ZEQ2 right before it closed but I'd say a lot of things people were saying were very backwards for how far the development went.

1, 2  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]