Content

Questions

nielsmillikan View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, November 28, 2009

A few doubts:

1) Which is better : blender or google sketchup?

I want to make models for terrain in these and then import it in my map. Makes it a heck lot easier.

2) Where can I find a good shader tutorial?

I really have no idea regarding how to use them. I just use random codes taken from different shaders to pull out the effects.

3) What is the largest size of map supported by gtkradiant (or quake3)? Is there any way to go beyond those limits. I want to make my map real huge.

TRL View user's profile Send private message

It's hard making terrain with gtkradiant?

I wish I could help you with any of that. But I know nothing about mapping.

Mjuksel Your Past View user's profile Send private message

1+2) don't know

3) -> a quote from my "Mapping Q's" topic

Marcel wrote : okay, so now I made a map @ 14336 x 14336 x 12800, I think it can be made bigger judging on the size of the explosion of the Spirit Bomb/Genki Dama

but now, when I load textures in Radiant, they don't come up in ZEQ, what do I have to change?

thanks (okay)

I would go even bigger, the length + width @ 20.000 in radiant
and maybe the height 18 or also 20.000 Smile

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, November 29, 2009

1) Which is better : blender or google sketchup?

Either is fine. Both are free as far as I am aware. Whatever you find easier to work with. Blender is certainly more widely used and thus had more plugins and export options.

2) Where can I find a good shader tutorial?

Quake 3 shaders? I cannot recommend a good tutorial (as I'm not familiar with one), but using the shader manual will help you understand what each and every keyword does. Just look up the term when you are unsure.

http://heppler.com/shader/

3) What is the largest size of map supported by gtkradiant (or quake3)? Is there any way to go beyond those limits. I want to make my map real huge.

I'll have to get back to you on that one. Yes, you can technically go beyond the limits by modifying and recompiling the q3map2 compiler, but it's already very large in itself.

The Raditz Landing is only about 1/5th the size of the maximum possible if I remember correctly.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]