Content

<<  1, 2

DBK Game

nielsmillikan View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, February 06, 2011

okay guys. it's been a real while since I posted any update but be rest assured that development has been taking place continuously and will carry on so.

However recently I've been thinking whether to carry on with DBK based on the existing Dragon Ball Z storyline or a new one of my own. Please note I'm not referring to April Fools, V or any other existing fan made story lines here though they could possibly serve as reference in future.

My personal inclination is towards a new storyline since I believe we already have a lot of original story based Dragon Ball Z games (considering console releases).

I'd like to know your thoughts regarding this. Use this poll to express your onion.

http://micropoll.com/t/KErRwZBuUg

Domitjen The Champ View user's profile Send private message

We never had a decent Dragon Ball Z PC game with original story line Wink. The consoles however should make 1 with a diff story.

But the story will be already known which could lead to loss of interest. The only thing you guys will be looking forward to is the way it is portrayed I.e. graphics, effects etc.

SG_SSJ View user's profile Send private message

I want the original story line, but not like Raging Blast and the BT series does...make it like Budokai 1 (my favourite Dragon Ball Z game ever) and I will be happy.

Domitjen The Champ View user's profile Send private message

nielsmillikan wrote : But the story will be already known which could lead to loss of interest. The only thing you guys will be looking forward to is the way it is portrayed I.e. graphics, effects etc.

people want to play Dragon Ball Z games so they can re experience the Dragon Ball Z story as well. I'd prefer that, just my opinion.

JadenKorn Totally Explicit View user's profile Send private message

SG_SSJ wrote : I want the original story line, but not like Raging Blast and the BT series does...make it like Budokai 1 (my favourite Dragon Ball Z game ever) and I will be happy.

Yeah, Niels. Just make a game and copy Budokai 1, Budokai 2, Budokai 3, Budokai Tenkaichi, Budokai Tenkaichi 2, and so on. Then you're BOUND to have exact copies of the storyline in every console-hit's perspective.

SG_SSJ View user's profile Send private message

JadenKorn wrote :

SG_SSJ wrote : I want the original story line, but not like Raging Blast and the BT series does...make it like Budokai 1 (my favourite Dragon Ball Z game ever) and I will be happy.

Yeah, Niels. Just make a game and copy Budokai 1, Budokai 2, Budokai 3, Budokai Tenkaichi, Budokai Tenkaichi 2, and so on. Then you're BOUND to have exact copies of the storyline in every console-hit's perspective.

I didn't say him to copy the entire game...I just want him to make a story mode that has cutscenes like Budokai 1, not 2,3 and so on...okay?

TRL View user's profile Send private message

I would say to worry about actual fighting mechanics before you crack your head over trivial stuff like story modes.

But in that regard, some nice side step stories are always cool, things that could have happened in the meantime of the actual story and perhaps some what-if's.

suckapunch View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : I would say to worry about actual fighting mechanics before you crack your head over trivial stuff like story modes.

But in that regard, some nice side step stories are always cool, things that could have happened in the meantime of the actual story and perhaps some what-if's.

The problem is if your going to buy a dragonball z game for a console then your mostly buying it for the story mode....other than that you would only play it when a friend comes over and you play 1on1.....now the story mode Budokai 2 was extreme cow bear

Don't double post, just to try and shoot the breeze, youngin'.

Reply with quote Sunday, February 13, 2011

Thanks for the input guys, I'll stick to the original story for now.

Lately me and my friend have been working on the engine to show some different updates apart from model renders.
However, since we both are new in this area, its much more time taking than we expected, hence the lack of updates.

A few weeks ago, I started a new model whose rendering was itself a challenge due to its huge size. Yes, the Oozaru model couldn't be rendered the default way when the player's camera was too close as the texture(esp outlines) looked really poor. Hence we had to resort to a textureless approach. As we progressed, we figured that while the outlines could be handled using edge detection(depth + normal), they were a bit costly for performance, so we decided to let it revert to textures after an optimum distance. This technique is still under review as we explore other possible options like sobel edge operator etc.

Here is a 3ds max render of Oozaru (textureless). Its wip so issues like finger outlines, proportion issues will be taken care of Smile

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, February 14, 2011

This technique is still under review as we explore other possible options like sobel edge operator etc.

Whatever you do, avoid screen-space outlining techniques and shaders. Granted, yes, they are pretty flexible with a lot of features, but performance is atrocious -- which is especially true as you scale to higher resolutions.

Aside from generating a separate edge mesh for outline handling (the 2007 ZEQ2 approach), you could alternatively bake the edge data in the vertex attributes to achieve much more performance-friendly results.

By far the most featureful, fastest, and efficient methodology we ever came across in our research was actually for a view-dependent particle system paper written in 2001. Proper implementation of a system like that would be a holy grail of sorts for all kinds of results.

Postscript : Work on those shoulder pads! Work on them until you drive yourself crazy studying the structural design!

Malek View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, February 14, 2011

The head model is very good, but his shoulder pads are wrong and his hands too thin , keep it up ^^

Reply with quote Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thanks for the suggestions Brad. Will try and put it to use. And yeah I'll work on those shoulder pads hehe. I can see your fondness for its accuracy here Razz

http://www.ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1963&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25

Reply with quote Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cool beans!!

<<  1, 2

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]