Content

Explain what CODING is??

ssj6vegeta View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I've never known and I always wanted to ask so can someone thoroughly explain to me what coding is cause I might wanna try to do suff for zeq2lite in the future when I becoome competent so I'm trying to learn about certain areas

Konan View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Even if you can modify codes, in new rev updates you need update those files you modified.

So that's why, there's no need to learn how-to coding ZEQ2 Lite, unless you learn it in school..than maybe you can be a team member.

Mjuksel Your Past View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Learn C++ (google it Wink)

Then try using the source code from here
http://ZEQ2.com/SVN/Source/

It's not easy, just in case you haven't noticed.. There aren't that many coders here..

I know that I just wanna know what all the areas of game creating is about so I can appreciate it more and maybe try some uninformed participatorish stuff in the future

reiterating myself for now I just wanna learn about the areas of game creating and maybe pick an area I can really learn how to do and progress at when I become competent

Konan View user's profile Send private message

Already a topic about how-to coding..just use search. Smile

ssj6vegeta wrote :

for now I just wanna learn about the areas of game creatingso I can appreciate it more and maybe pick an area I can really learn how to do and progress at when I become competent

Forza Gerlacious View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 06, 2011

The base skill required for coding is logic. Then depending on what language you want to code in, you have to learn the corresponding syntaxes.

However, modifying someone elses code is always difficult. Reading code is hard even if you are trained.

Laguna|DaGGeR View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 06, 2011

coding is a language, most people get a job as a informatik and need to learn it also java and c++

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, April 07, 2011

Laguna|DaGGeR wrote : coding is a language, most people get a job as a informatik and need to learn it also java and c++

Coding is not a language. Like Forza said, coding is actually based on pure logic. It's a process where you turn words into wonders.

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_programming
Question

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

ESFER25 wrote : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_programming
Question

Of course it's that ESFER Smile But I think my explanation was better and much more simple Razz

Ankit View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, May 12, 2011

*laughing out loud*.. I also wanted to do some coding for ZEQ2 lite.. I know c,c++ but don't know what can I do for the project...

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

Ankit wrote : *laughing out loud*.. I also wanted to do some coding for ZEQ2 lite.. I know c,c++ but don't know what can I do for the project...

Person above me is in a Thread revival spree

@legendary: amm.. what??

mcgrass Beta Trapezoid View user's profile Send private message

Ankit wrote : @legendary: amm.. what??

Don't mind Him *intense laughter*

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Just for clarification, ZEQ2-lite / Quake 3 is written in C, not C++. You wouldn't be using an ounce of C++ if you dip into development.

Reply with quote Friday, May 13, 2011

LegendarySS4 wrote :

Ankit wrote : *laughing out loud*.. I also wanted to do some coding for ZEQ2 lite.. I know c,c++ but don't know what can I do for the project...

Person above me is in a Thread revival spree

actually my English is not that good, so I don't understand what you said! *laughing out loud*

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]