Content

Regarding Spirit Bomb

iPhantom View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, December 05, 2009

Version     : ZEQ2-lite Public Beta 1
System      : Windows 7
Description : If I am inside the crater and someone else throws a Spirit Bomb outside but near it, the Spirit Bomb explodes and the wave comes to me but deals no damage. It only deals damage if I fly up the crater.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, December 06, 2009

This is actually probably more-so due to the fact that you either [a] had more power level by a good chunk and [b] were on the ground or [c] blocking and/or walking.

iPhantom View user's profile Send private message

[a] Nope, told you that if I fly up it starts dealing damage. Since the crater is lower than the current level of terrain the Spirit Bomb was shot, it doesn't hit me. It seems the Spirit Bomb radius is that of a half sphere. However, its aura engulfs me when I'm inside the crater.

[b] Nope, I wasn't.

[c] Not even this.

Ub3rSauce View user's profile Send private message

There is another spot where the Spirit Bomb does no damage. If you go into the chimney of the farmhouse you won't take damage from a Spirit Bomb unless it hits you directly.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

As far as I can surmise, this has to do with the ray-tracing code that's used for the explosion sphere's collision detection. If any object (including the ground) is in a straight line path between you and the center of the explosion, this object will intercept the collision. You can test this by putting any object (such as the house itself) between you and the center of the blast.

We'll resolve this by adjusting the entity trace flags that are used to include only players.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]