Content

Some beam-related suggestions

Oldbean Sagacious View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, September 26, 2009

Hello! Whilst playing the game some ideas have occured to me that I think would be nice to have in further releases. I'd be most appreciative indeed if they were considered Very Happy

My first idea, if not already planned, was to implement a free-view camera when a beam battle is initiated. This would allow the player to see how well they're doing in the battle, plus they get a better view of Dragon Ball Z-style awesomeness. The camera would return to normal once the struggle was over, and it doesn't lose lock-on.

My second idea is difficult to explain with words, so I shall use a video to help demonstrate Very Happy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DXcBFKtpVQ
At 0:25 seconds in, Goku's beam, rather than exploding, sort of envelops Brolly. I think this would be a good feature to implement in close range beam attacks. The player shooting the beam wouldn't recieve damage (as opposed to the beam exploding and hurting both players), and I feel it'd add more to the Dragon Ball Z feel.

If I have any more ideas I'll add them, but for now I'd like to hear opinions Very Happy thanks!

mel "I'll Mop Your Face!" View user's profile Send private message

this already happens if the person blocking the attack is weak, I don't know if I'm speaking for myself, but whenever I can't deflect an attack I hold it back until it consumes me then it explodes and kills me,the beams just have to be fixed to stay in place instead of letting the tail bend in an awkward form when it hits you

Rodrigo View user's profile Send private message

Oldbean wrote : Goku's beam, rather than exploding, sort of envelops Brolly.

I think it just goes through Brolly like air because he is too powerful, similar as when Cooler flew trough Goku's beam.

RedHot View user's profile Send private message

The main reason is because Brolly didn't struggle with it. It acted like Goku vs cell's kamehameha, but back then cell got his buttocks ( I love the way flagrant bystander is being corrected *intense laughter*) kicked by that.

I like your second idea Oldbean. It would add an in-depth feeling to the game. A little example.

A strikes B with kame... . B can either fight against it or let it pass through him. It might be a little risk to take a direct hit or if B is sure oh his uberness , A would probably stuff bricks after seeing his kame being lacking in identifiable function. by the way , little streams of smoke would be pretty nice as well (like from a burning meat).

There might also be a bonus of canceling the slow-down caused by blocking.

Rodrigo, I always thought Brolly had just let the beam hit him, as he knew it'd have no effect, and that that was how a beam explodes when hitting someone close range Razz

Snazzy idea Redhot.. I was just thinking a close-range beam-to-the-face hit would explode like in the video I showed, but a new type of 'struggle' might be interesting to see Razz.

I thought of another idea I think will be helpful: In my fights so far, I can find it a bit troublesome when I shoot someone with a beam, miss, and have to wait for my beam to hit something before I can move again. This leaves me quite open to attack from other players, so I suggest just allowing the player to cancel/detonate the beam by maybe clicking again. I know you can do this with the small beams, but it'd be nice to see in the bigger ones (Kamehameha, Masenko, etc.)

mrjoe94 View user's profile Send private message

^That or clicking and just "detach" yourself from it. As in stopping the stream of energy coming from his hands.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Beam and ball attacks will be set up to not explode unless hitting the ground. Instead the player will either "burn" or "ride" from getting hit with the attack.

EqR View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, September 27, 2009

So, the "burn" would be similar like Goku vs Brolly scene and the "ride" would be similar to the Goku vs Vegeta (first fight), Kame vs Galick?

If so, I hope that "ride" doesn't slow down the gameplay flow and speed, meaning that "ride's" shouldn't ride a player for too long.

In my opinion.

Every time I hear a new feature that's going to be in the game I get a bit more excited Razz.

That sounds like a fun idea Zeth, can't wait to see it! Very Happy

mel "I'll Mop Your Face!" View user's profile Send private message

yes the game seems to be coming on quite nicely, keep up the hardwork, I appreciate it

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]