Content

Hyper-expanded smoke

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, September 25, 2009

Version     : ZEQ2-lite Public Beta 1
System      : Windows XP Home Edition
Description :I use a Piccolo's beam (the strongest ball *intense laughter*) and just after a normal screenshot the smoke expanded like the image

Timothy View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, September 25, 2009

That doesn't make any sense. You do know that there is a little freeze before the screenshot is taken right? So that's the probably the reason why it seems expanded because the game was a few animation frames behind.

MDave ZEQ2-lite Ninja View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, September 27, 2009

When the game freezes for a second a two, like when taking screenshots or changing characters, the timer most effects use (like the smoke) get skewed around because of the time shift.

There's no real way around this as far as I know, so the only thing I can say is don't spam the screenshot button Razz wait a few seconds before taking the next one, as this will also get rid of the text on the top left of the screen too.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, September 28, 2009

Dave's right here. This occurred in Bid For Power as well. The client timer is based on the time that has elapsed on your system. Effects are synced to this. When you capture a screenshot, the game pauses. After it unpauses from that brief split-second, the effects try to play "catch-up" by overcompensating overall.

We could add a finite start/end time value for the effects to go from rather than just relying on the duration that's passed, but this isn't high up on the priority list. (plus it looks cool, no?)

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]