Content

<<  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 103, 104, 105  >>

Dragon Ball Multiverse

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, August 05, 2011

Mima wrote : Ah that makes perfect sense actually! Haha thanks guys.

Actually, no it doesn't. That entire "vision" makes such little sense in its entirety, that they must have slapped it together in haste to try and force the story forward towards some fatal conflict the writer couldn't find a smoother way to introduce...

Either that, or it's suppose to be some "epic" cliffhanger to keep us hooked through another craptacular "special"...

I'm leaning towards the later...

AnTycrisT RocksTar View user's profile Send private message

Shenku wrote :

Mima wrote : Ah that makes perfect sense actually! Haha thanks guys.

Actually, no it doesn't. That entire "vision" makes such little sense in its entirety, that they must have slapped it together in haste to try and force the story forward towards some fatal conflict the writer couldn't find a smoother way to introduce...

Either that, or it's suppose to be some "epic" cliffhanger to keep us hooked through another craptacular "special"...

I'm leaning towards the later...

well... them want to do a fight between Vegetto vs Gogeta, that's all, them put that because that way more people could be interesing... I mean Vegetto killing Gohan and everyone?, that's cool and everyone will try to find why he do that so... anyway why not just enjoy DBM? I mean why all the time need to be a debate about why them now do this, or why them now are doing that, or why Yamucha can turn in Super Saiyan, them will do whatever them want so... just take it easy and enjoy it...

I pick it apart because I do that with virtually any story medium I invest any significant time into. Be it movies, TV shows, books, comics, exc., I take any story that I'm trying to enjoy, and attempt to break it down into its fundamental components to better understand the plot, character development, and over arching story direction, among any other elements that are included.

If I'm taking the time to analyze something, that usually means that I've enjoyed at least some part of it, which is a good thing.

As an alternate example to DBM, I'm a life long Star Wars fan, and yet I have picked apart so many elements of every movie to the point that a passing glance may conclude that I dislike the movie franchise entirely, when in fact the converse is true.

In short, I pick it apart it because I like it.

Shenku wrote : I pick it apart because I do that with virtually any story medium I invest any significant time into. Be it movies, TV shows, books, comics, exc., I take any story that I'm trying to enjoy, and attempt to break it down into its fundamental components to better understand the plot, character development, and over arching story direction, among any other elements that are included.

If I'm taking the time to analyze something, that usually means that I've enjoyed at least some part of it, which is a good thing.

As an alternate example to DBM, I'm a life long Star Wars fan, and yet I have picked apart so many elements of every movie to the point that a passing glance may conclude that I dislike the movie franchise entirely, when in fact the converse is true.

In short, I pick it apart it because I like it.

I see... I just get drunk and enjoy the life with my friends and my girl hahahaha
I mean sometimes you don't have to take to much serious the life and less stuff like this... just enjoy and take it easy...

Oh, I'm not saying I don't enjoy life, this is just one of my ways of enjoying things. I analyze everything because that's just the way my brain works.

I enjoy life, I just enjoy it in a different way than most other people do. To each their own, and all that.

Shenku wrote : Oh, I'm not saying I don't enjoy life, this is just one of my ways of enjoying things. I analyze everything because that's just the way my brain works.

I enjoy life, I just enjoy it in a different way than most other people do. To each their own, and all that.

I see... well... if that make you happy... who am I to judge that?...

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, August 06, 2011

Aha a future visio. Makes sense.

by the way it's not part of the story, it's said to be a mini comic probably ment as a joke.

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, August 06, 2011

TRL wrote : Aha a future visio. Makes sense.

by the way it's not part of the story, it's said to be a mini comic probably ment as a joke.

No, it's part of the story, if you click on the Minicomic thingy in the dbm website, this page is not included :/

Reply with quote Sunday, August 07, 2011

Domo-Kun View user's profile Send private message

How is a Super Saiyan getting his buttocks kicked by a giant monkey?

domodestuction wrote : How is a Super Saiyan getting his buttocks kicked by a giant monkey?

Bardock is distracted when he sees the future.

That and because the more hair you have, the stronger you are, so Raditz is invincible! Razz

Reply with quote Monday, August 08, 2011

Are those more visions? I don't know what the heck is going on. He should at least have rounded panels for "memories" "visions". It's not clearly portrayed at all.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

In all fairness, the vision portions in the last page are marked as irregular quadrilaterals whilst the normal panels are rectangular.

Zeth wrote : In all fairness, the vision portions in the last page are marked as irregular quadrilaterals whilst the normal panels are rectangular.

Also, the text in the balloons is different when it's a vision.

Haha okay, but that's really looking for it. The rounded panels would have been much more effective or even a simple gray overlay would have done the trick.

Oh well, I think the brobump between Goku and cell jr. is pretty funny. Which reminds me, Brad. I want to be able to say b.are.o. without saying brother. B.are.o. has become a synonym of "friend" or "buddy" so the filter is not realistic.

The filter was never supposed to be realistic or even logical.
It's not for altering just typos and obscenities, after all.

ssj6vegeta View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote : The filter was never supposed to be realistic or even logical.
It's not for altering just typos and obscenities, after all.

so the filter was made to be that funny? Laughing

Reply with quote Wednesday, August 10, 2011

BZAM

Jajaja esfer I couldn't agree more with your new avatar. Wink

The new titles look terrible, I think I have eye cancer now..

Domo-Kun View user's profile Send private message

Well at least you have one Razz

The new titles look terrible, I think I have eye cancer now..

As long as you are using a practical modern browser (Firefox or Chrome), they look fine. Also, he was likely referring to the title itself, not the style.

Acaryus Cutting-Edge View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, August 11, 2011

Downloading firefox Razz

I have firefox and it looks terrible.
I vote for the old style back.

DarkStar181992 View user's profile Send private message

can anyone get a title ? Question Exclamation

I'm sorry, how many years was it that you've worked in the web design field again? Seriously though, it's just white text with a black drop-shadow for clarity. It's visible, enclosed, and not easily replicated by users trying to snag it in as an image in their avatar.

It serves all it's major intents, has moderate contrast/visibility, and works in pretty much all browsers. It uses a solid on solid thematic with the same palette as the original forums thus it does balance with the overall aesthetic as well.

What's your beef exactly -- the attention drawn? The only change I'd likely make is moving it directly under the username as opposed to under the avatar, but I'm undecided in this regard.

<<  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 103, 104, 105  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]