Content

Shadow BUG

Konan View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Well..you see..a shadow bug..can som1 fix that?

Alex Al Knows View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, December 17, 2009

Not at all easilly. The projection shadow technique does not interact with the scenery at all, it purely projects a copy of the model against a flat plane along the lighting vector. Modifying it to test for collisions against the ground would be very costly in performance terms. It would be very advantagous to have some proper shadow mapping but that also would be substantial work as there's currently no GPU shader backend in the engine doing shadow mapping without GPU shaders is performance intensive.

divinemaniac with a fake title View user's profile Send private message

Yeah. with this I remembered, when we go on top of Raditz's space pod, The shadow exceeding the pod appears as if floating in the air and not on the ground. Its hard to explain. So try it yourself and see.

Konan View user's profile Send private message

Well okay sorry.. Smile

Rodrigo View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, December 18, 2009

How about using volumentric shadows?
As far as I know it was CG_SHADOWS 2 on the console in Quake 3, and I remember it on Bid For Power, and also on Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy(both use Quake 3 engine).

Is it possible to disable self-cast shadows to allow them to show only on the ground and walls?

Malek View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, December 18, 2009

Use higher quality shadows in the next beta and by the ways add new features like taunt or others specials Wink

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]