Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  >>

Strongest Dragon Ball Z Character (Not Fusion)

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, September 08, 2011

VegetaFan wrote : From the video, you remember the part you want to remember.. And that is Super Buu > Kid Buu

I watched it all. And as I said, the video is wrong, there are some examples:

"The kais weakened Buu" Only 1 kai did. The others made him stronger...

"The Spirit Bomb had Gohan's power in it" Yes, it had Gohan's power, but not all.

"Goku's fear of fighting base Super Buu and willingness to fight Kid Buu is thus not evidence of Super Buu's superiority over Kid Buu..."Right, but that doesn't mean Super Buu is weaker.

"Kid Buu not only wasn't instantly vaporized by the Spirit Bomb, but he pushed it back; he's stronger than the sum of multiple planet populations and the Z Fighters" If he's stronger than Gohan, he's stronger than Gotenks, and thus stronger than Super Buu..." I think this has been mentioned, but if you can't push the attack, it doesn't matter if it has infinite power, that's why Goku could beat Buu pushing the Spirit Bomb as a Super Saiyan (way weaker than Buu), the bomb was powerful enough, but he had to push it.

ssj6vegeta View user's profile Send private message

suckapunch wrote :

ssj6vegeta wrote : Goku super saityan 4 was in GT not Z

stop that

and suckapunch stop insulting people in every aarguement there is...there was no need to call anyone a dumdick

and uhh

Buuhan>Buutenks>kid Buu>super Buu>the others cause I'm lazy =P

*laughing out loud* ssj6vegeta....its funny...the way he wrote his paragraph seemed very attitude-ish so I insulted him

doesn't matter he didn't go suckapunch you're and leaping lizard did he?

Anooxy View user's profile Send private message

suckapunch wrote :
ummm...heck no... lipid Buu and super Buu did not have the same powerlever you

I will not curse anymore

... It took Gotenks to try to kill super Buu while Goku couldve beat lipd Buu...as he said

I won't even bother with you because you don't seem to read. Do your eyes work? YES, lipid Buu has the same power level as super Buu but he has so much lipid he can barely fight.

Gotenks could kill lipid Buu easily because lipid Buu vacuums at fighting, even if his power is the same as Super Buu.

GET THIS IN YOUR HEAD. How can someone increase his power level out of nothing. Super Buu is the same thing as lipid Buu, he made no absorptions, he just changed to pure evil and shaped his body.

Gotta love how people throw in rankings for the heck of it. That ranking is illogical. Kid Buu can't have more power than Super Buu. Is Goku stronger than Vegito? No. Same applies there.

Zay View user's profile Send private message

isn't absorption fusion so shouldn't this be lacking saying Goku can't kill super Buu

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

Zay, he says it himself. He says (and I quote):

Goku says: Wait hold on a second. Even though he is a lot weaker, we are no match for him. If we go out there, right now, he is going to kill us. It's a problem alright.

VeGoku View user's profile Send private message

Is Goku stronger than Vegito? No. Same applies there.

haha..

supreme kai : "I'm afraid he's even stronger now".. He said it after Super Buu transformed to Kid Buu..

VegetaFan wrote :

haha..

supreme kai : "I'm afraid he's even stronger now".. He said it after Super Buu transformed to Kid Buu..

No. He said he's even more dangerous, not stronger.

ESFER25 wrote :

VegetaFan wrote :

haha..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ7ZUc1aMUI

10:50

VegetaFan wrote :

ESFER25 wrote :

VegetaFan wrote :

haha..

Dubs? Anime? EWWWWW...

ESFER25 wrote :

VegetaFan wrote :

ESFER25 wrote :

VegetaFan wrote :

haha..

Dubs? Anime? EWWWWW...

Most of the Dragon Ball Z viewers never read manga... And you find Manga more fun than Anime?

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

It is more accurate. I find anime for fun, but the manga is more accurate.

VegetaFan wrote : Most of the Dragon Ball Z viewers never read manga...

Do I care?

And you find Manga more fun than Anime?

No, I don't, but this isn't about fun, the anime has fillerrs (non canon) and dubs aren't perfect so sometimes, they screw up.

For example, the famous quote "It's over 9000!" is actually wrong, the correct power level is 8000.

VegetaFan wrote :

haha..

He never says that in the manga, which is the original Dragon Ball Z, written by Akira Toriyama himself. Anime has gooey insides and dub is even worse.

Manga is the truth.

Well I am a fan of what I saw , what I heard and that is Dragon Ball Z English dubbed..

It's still false.

ssj6vegeta View user's profile Send private message

if you base all facts on dubbed and anime...your bound to be wrong Razz...manga is the truth basiclly ..if its in the manga but diff in anime the manga was made first and manga is original so I'd read the entire manga before stating certain things

VegetaFan wrote : Well I am a fan of what I saw , what I heard and that is Dragon Ball Z English dubbed..

Dubbed Dragon Ball Z is full with dub inconsistencies. Do you accept them too?

Not to mention anime gooey insides. For for example. at first Gohan fights with Buutenks evenly and loses later (in the manga he immediately loses), while Goku gets possessed by Buutenks immediately in the anime (but in the manga they never fight).

Even by anime, Mystic Gohan showed more strength against Buutenks compared to SSJ3Goku.

suckapunch View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, September 11, 2011

Anooxy wrote :

suckapunch wrote :
ummm...heck no... lipid Buu and super Buu did not have the same powerlever you

I will not curse anymore

... It took Gotenks to try to kill super Buu while Goku couldve beat lipd Buu...as he said

I won't even bother with you because you don't seem to read. Do your eyes work? YES, lipid Buu has the same power level as super Buu but he has so much lipid he can barely fight.

Gotenks could kill lipid Buu easily because lipid Buu vacuums at fighting, even if his power is the same as Super Buu.

GET THIS IN YOUR HEAD. How can someone increase his power level out of nothing. Super Buu is the same thing as lipid Buu, he made no absorptions, he just changed to pure evil and shaped his body.

Gotta love how people throw in rankings for the heck of it. That ranking is illogical. Kid Buu can't have more power than Super Buu. Is Goku stronger than Vegito? No. Same applies there.

so you're saying that to increase your powerlevel you HAVE to absorb someone? I don't remember hearing or seeing anywhere that lipid Buu couldn't fight to his best because he is lipid...he's a like freaking pink bubble gum...him being lipid didn't affect his stamina or anything...the only thing that it affected was that he wanted to eat more chocolate then the other Buus

SSJ50000 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, September 12, 2011

Some people almost seem to treat all these debates about Buu saga power levels as if it were a "cultic belief". Laughing However, it would seem the majority of that "cult" didn't actually come to the conclusion they hold by reading the story and forming their own opinions, it was by going by a place where it had already spread and so they chose to join in order to be respected themselves. Unfortunately, there are many claims by that belief system that were simply false facts that several seem to believe just because others have claimed it is true and so they accepted it themselves without even trying to verify. In particular many of the "Toriyama said this!" claims.

Anooxy wrote : is Mystic Gohan. So many people can't accept it. najeeb/Zay, I told you ingame Akira Toriyama (the creator of Dragon Ball Z) said it himself.

Toriyama never said that. I find it quite humorous how the majority of rumor quotes from Toriyama invariably have to do with comparing the power of characters against each other. It's never, "Toriyama said that Cell's spots are supposed to be a prime number!" or, "Toriyama said Goku exclusively drinks blue sports drinks!" It's always "Hey, everybody, this guy could beat that guy! I know because Toriyama said so! Look at me! Look at me! Oh lloyd, pay attention to me!" There's so much more to discuss without resorting to making up fake quotes from the author just to prop up one's favorite character in a school yard fight. Razz

And I think there are plenty of other things from Toriyama that do show "Toriyama was hellbent on making Gohan the strongest ever and determined to prove it to the whole world" definitley is not true like some people try to make it sound. *Pulls out his volume of Nekomajin and turns to page 189 and reads the third and fourth panels* I don't care what you say, those lines right there from Toriyama's own hand clearly imply plain as day that Goku was meant to be stronger than Gohan. He could have had it say the opposite, but the fact that he didn't must mean he really isn't a member of the "Gohan is the stwongest eva!" cult as some wish he was. Razz

ESFER25 wrote : And toei is always doing senseless stuff.

You know, the way people always just say "Toei this" and "Toei that" always seemed to be another example "monkey see, monkey do". Apparently there were people in the past that didn't know how to read credits and so decided to just use the name of the company in place of specific names. Instead of blindly casting stones at the whole crowd, why not take direct aim. Do you , like me, think GT was pretty darn lousy? Then let us give credit where credit is due. We can thank people like Aya Matsui who was the series organizer for GT (Fun fact: She was also the scenario writer for the infamous "Bulma and the crab" episode). Meanwhile we can be thankful to people like Takao Koyama for giving us lots of awesome content like movie 12. (Believe it or not, learning to read and give credit where it is due can be a good thing Razz )
Another fun fact: There were actually occasions where the anime would fix a mistake in the manga. A good example is how in the manga Trunks warns Goku that 19 and 20 are coming but later on reveals he has only ever known about 17 and 18. In the anime he never says who is coming , just that two powerful enemies are on the way, whoever they may be. I guess Toriyama isn't such a flawless, perfect, can-never-mess-up writer after all seeing how people that worked on the anime apparently paid more attention to detail at certain times.

Anooxy wrote : Akira Toriyama was pressured to keep Goku as the main hero EVEN IF HE DIDN'T WANT TO.

Actually, in the interview from the second Daizenshuu, Toriyama said that the reason he put Goku back into the leading roll was because he just felt Goku was ultimately better suited for it. So the officail word is that he ultimately decided for himself that Goku was more suitable as the main character.

ESFER25 wrote : Skkyper: Mystic form unleashes ALL your potential, so Goku would be stronger than before but not more than Gohan because as I said, he's the character with most potential.

Firstly, there is no "mystic form". Secondly, what in the world is this mysterious substance called "potential" you speak of? You make it sound like a character has a set amount of potential on the day they are born and then can never get stronger ever again and that there is a mystic form that lets them reach it. It was stated a few times in the series that Goku has unlimited potential, does that mean his "mystic form" would have infinite power? What Rou Kaioshin did was bring forth all of Gohan's dormant power at that time. That means all the power he had including that which he couldn't access. That includes the power he'd normally access via Super Saiyan forms which is why he couldn't turn Super Saiyan, it is like a big reset. If he were the type to train his rear off and eventually build up enough inner power again then he could someday potentially turn Super Saiyan again.

Anooxy wrote : If Goku had more potential than Gohan, why didn't Elder Kai unlock Goku instead of Gohan?

Goku was dead and could never return to the living world, so powering him up would have been pointless.

And Akira Toriyama said himself that he intended to end Dragon Ball Z with Cell saga.

Toriyama never said he intended to end the series at Cell. And he especially never said he intended to end the series at Freeza. The one and only point of the series he has ever stated he did in fact intend to end the series at was after the very first time they collected the dragon balls.

ESFER25 wrote :

VegetaFan wrote : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAXnbyCS1NI

It says the Kais made Buu weaker, but we only know Dai Kaioshin made him weaker.

*Pulls out Kanzenban 34 and turns to page 64 and reads the last panel* Well, what it actually says here in the manga is, "It was because of absorption that his heart changed, which even went so far as to reduce his power... but now it has returned to its original state...". Hm... *Turns back to page 53* So that is why Buu panicked and said, "I won't be myself anymore!" Everything about his personality from his love of food to his ability to chit chat with others was all a result of his heart having changed from absorption, a side effect of which being that he also lost power. Depending on how you choose to interpret it, it could just mean Majin Buu (Pure) is just stronger than Majin Buu (Evil), or it could even be suggestive that he is the strongest form. Either way, it seems plain as day that he wasn't meant to be the weakest one.

Linkxp500 wrote : This has already been explaind to you. The Spirit Bomb only takes a very small amount from every living thing.

Also, the amount does not vary from person to person.

Actually, Goku said he was initially against the idea of using the Genki Dama because taking just a little energy from everybody wouldn't be enough. Vegeta then said that they would not just take a little, but all of it down to the threshold, which was when Goku also came to view it as the best idea. That was why everybody had to voluntarily raise their hands and allow it to be taken and why people were exhausted from it. And seeing how a third of the Genki Dama came from Gohan, he clearly donated more than everybody else, and there was no reason for him to not offer all he had seeing how even he thought the Genki Dama was a better idea than bringing him.

Linkxp500 View user's profile Send private message

Touché.

I hope this brings this discussion to a close. Continually bringing up repetitive points is getting tiring.

skkyper View user's profile Send private message

VegetaFan wrote :

same Very Happy

JayREEZY View user's profile Send private message

Wow Shocked , just amazing

elektronas View user's profile Send private message

SSJ50000 wrote : Some people almost seem to treat all these debates about Buu saga power levels as if it were a "cultic belief". :*laughing out loud*: However, it would seem the majority of that "cult" didn't actually come to the conclusion they hold by reading the story and forming their own opinions, it was by going by a place where it had already spread and so they chose to join in order to be respected themselves. Unfortunately, there are many claims by that belief system that were simply false facts that several seem to believe just because others have claimed it is true and so they accepted it themselves without even trying to verify. In particular many of the "Toriyama said this!" claims.

Anooxy wrote : is Mystic Gohan. So many people can't accept it. najeeb/Zay, I told you ingame Akira Toriyama (the creator of Dragon Ball Z) said it himself.

Toriyama never said that. I find it quite humorous how the majority of rumor quotes from Toriyama invariably have to do with comparing the power of characters against each other. It's never, "Toriyama said that Cell's spots are supposed to be a prime number!" or, "Toriyama said Goku exclusively drinks blue sports drinks!" It's always "Hey, everybody, this guy could beat that guy! I know because Toriyama said so! Look at me! Look at me! Oh lloyd, pay attention to me!" There's so much more to discuss without resorting to making up fake quotes from the author just to prop up one's favorite character in a school yard fight. Razz

And I think there are plenty of other things from Toriyama that do show "Toriyama was hellbent on making Gohan the strongest ever and determined to prove it to the whole world" definitley is not true like some people try to make it sound. *Pulls out his volume of Nekomajin and turns to page 189 and reads the third and fourth panels* I don't care what you say, those lines right there from Toriyama's own hand clearly imply plain as day that Goku was meant to be stronger than Gohan. He could have had it say the opposite, but the fact that he didn't must mean he really isn't a member of the "Gohan is the stwongest eva!" cult as some wish he was. Razz

You know, the way people always just say "Toei this" and "Toei that" always seemed to be another example "monkey see, monkey do". Apparently there were people in the past that didn't know how to read credits and so decided to just use the name of the company in place of specific names. Instead of blindly casting stones at the whole crowd, why not take direct aim. Do you , like me, think GT was pretty darn lousy? Then let us give credit where credit is due. We can thank people like Aya Matsui who was the series organizer for GT (Fun fact: She was also the scenario writer for the infamous "Bulma and the crab" episode). Meanwhile we can be thankful to people like Takao Koyama for giving us lots of awesome content like movie 12. (Believe it or not, learning to read and give credit where it is due can be a good thing Razz )
Another fun fact: There were actually occasions where the anime would fix a mistake in the manga. A good example is how in the manga Trunks warns Goku that 19 and 20 are coming but later on reveals he has only ever known about 17 and 18. In the anime he never says who is coming , just that two powerful enemies are on the way, whoever they may be. I guess Toriyama isn't such a flawless, perfect, can-never-mess-up writer after all seeing how people that worked on the anime apparently paid more attention to detail at certain times.

Anooxy wrote : Akira Toriyama was pressured to keep Goku as the main hero EVEN IF HE DIDN'T WANT TO.

Actually, in the interview from the second Daizenshuu, Toriyama said that the reason he put Goku back into the leading roll was because he just felt Goku was ultimately better suited for it. So the officail word is that he ultimately decided for himself that Goku was more suitable as the main character.

ESFER25 wrote : Skkyper: Mystic form unleashes ALL your potential, so Goku would be stronger than before but not more than Gohan because as I said, he's the character with most potential.

Firstly, there is no "mystic form". Secondly, what in the world is this mysterious substance called "potential" you speak of? You make it sound like a character has a set amount of potential on the day they are born and then can never get stronger ever again and that there is a mystic form that lets them reach it. It was stated a few times in the series that Goku has unlimited potential, does that mean his "mystic form" would have infinite power? What Rou Kaioshin did was bring forth all of Gohan's dormant power at that time. That means all the power he had including that which he couldn't access. That includes the power he'd normally access via Super Saiyan forms which is why he couldn't turn Super Saiyan, it is like a big reset. If he were the type to train his rear off and eventually build up enough inner power again then he could someday potentially turn Super Saiyan again.

Anooxy wrote : If Goku had more potential than Gohan, why didn't Elder Kai unlock Goku instead of Gohan?

Goku was dead and could never return to the living world, so powering him up would have been pointless.

And Akira Toriyama said himself that he intended to end Dragon Ball Z with Cell saga.

Toriyama never said he intended to end the series at Cell. And he especially never said he intended to end the series at Freeza. The one and only point of the series he has ever stated he did in fact intend to end the series at was after the very first time they collected the dragon balls.

ESFER25 wrote :

It says the Kais made Buu weaker, but we only know Dai Kaioshin made him weaker.

*Pulls out Kanzenban 34 and turns to page 64 and reads the last panel* Well, what it actually says here in the manga is, "It was because of absorption that his heart changed, which even went so far as to reduce his power... but now it has returned to its original state...". Hm... *Turns back to page 53* So that is why Buu panicked and said, "I won't be myself anymore!" Everything about his personality from his love of food to his ability to chit chat with others was all a result of his heart having changed from absorption, a side effect of which being that he also lost power. Depending on how you choose to interpret it, it could just mean Majin Buu (Pure) is just stronger than Majin Buu (Evil), or it could even be suggestive that he is the strongest form. Either way, it seems plain as day that he wasn't meant to be the weakest one.

Linkxp500 wrote : This has already been explaind to you. The Spirit Bomb only takes a very small amount from every living thing.

Actually, Goku said he was initially against the idea of using the Genki Dama because taking just a little energy from everybody wouldn't be enough. Vegeta then said that they would not just take a little, but all of it down to the threshold, which was when Goku also came to view it as the best idea. That was why everybody had to voluntarily raise their hands and allow it to be taken and why people were exhausted from it. And seeing how a third of the Genki Dama came from Gohan, he clearly donated more than everybody else, and there was no reason for him to not offer all he had seeing how even he thought the Genki Dama was a better idea than bringing him.

Some stuff is correct but some stuff is complete nonsense. When Goku tryied to make his Spirit Bomb, he had to put his own strenght down there which mad the most of energy in the ball of strenght of the Z Fighters. Then how you saw in the series, the most of Spirit Bombs energy was made by people from Earth and nowhere else.

I'm not really sure who is stronger, Gohan or Goku. Goku had his inner power unleashed in the Dragon Ball series when he needed to fight King Piccolo because he didn't had enough power to defeat him. so its only a matter of Gohans inner power strenght and the power of Super Saiyan 3. However, Gohan was accually stronger than Goku but only for a short time. in GT series, Gohans "Mystic" form dissapeared while he was studying in class while Goku trained hardly and mastered Super Saiyan 3 form at his maximum and even further. Gohans "Mystic" form probably has its time limit like the normal fusion but more long time, lets say about 1 year. So its nonsense to fight who is the strongest fighter in the universe.

Isn't absorbing a part of fusion? I mean if you absord someone you take his power and personality and mix it with yourselves, like normal fusions.

Everything else is quite truth Very Happy

Konan View user's profile Send private message

elektronas wrote :

SSJ50000 wrote : Some people almost seem to treat all these debates about Buu saga power levels as if it were a "cultic belief". :*laughing out loud*: However, it would seem the majority of that "cult" didn't actually come to the conclusion they hold by reading the story and forming their own opinions, it was by going by a place where it had already spread and so they chose to join in order to be respected themselves. Unfortunately, there are many claims by that belief system that were simply false facts that several seem to believe just because others have claimed it is true and so they accepted it themselves without even trying to verify. In particular many of the "Toriyama said this!" claims.

ESFER25 wrote :

Some stuff is correct but some stuff is complete nonsense. When Goku tryied to make his Spirit Bomb, he had to put his own strenght down there which mad the most of energy in the ball of strenght of the Z Fighters. Then how you saw in the series, the most of Spirit Bombs energy was made by people from Earth and nowhere else.

I'm not really sure who is stronger, Gohan or Goku. Goku had his inner power unleashed in the Dragon Ball series when he needed to fight King Piccolo because he didn't had enough power to defeat him. so its only a matter of Gohans inner power strenght and the power of Super Saiyan 3. However, Gohan was accually stronger than Goku but only for a short time. in GT series, Gohans "Mystic" form dissapeared while he was studying in class while Goku trained hardly and mastered Super Saiyan 3 form at his maximum and even further. Gohans "Mystic" form probably has its time limit like the normal fusion but more long time, lets say about 1 year. So its nonsense to fight who is the strongest fighter in the universe.

Isn't absorbing a part of fusion? I mean if you absord someone you take his power and personality and mix it with yourselves, like normal fusions.

Everything else is quite truth Very Happy

Dude..you talking about the GT...*laughing out loud*! I mean..serously, the GT failed to many times. Like Gohan transform into Super Saiyan. Mistyc form is not limited, its just some GT stuff.

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]