Content

This Would BE AWESOME

belsy93 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, October 01, 2009

Why can't this be a Real episode, it would be possession
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTkaGZSChCA&feature=related

MDave ZEQ2-lite Ninja View user's profile Send private message

Wrong forum section, you're doing this a lot lately. Moved to Free forum.

Alex Al Knows View user's profile Send private message

That IS real. It's the Dragon Ball Z OVA called "Plan To Destroy The Saiyans" originally made as a companion to a NES game of the same name and then split up into a video-adventure game on the Playdia. Never watched it myself though.

The-Kakarotto View user's profile Send private message

Alex is correct. It is a Dragonball Z OVA that was made as a thing-a-magig for the SNES.
I always thought it was originally "The Plan to ERADICATE the Saiyans". I think it was called that in Japan.
Meh, I must see to it that I watch this epic looking thing.

Alex Al Knows View user's profile Send private message

It was originally called Dragon Ball Z Gaiden: Saiyan Zetsumetsu Keikaku. Zetsumetsu means "destruction" or "extinction." literally it would be "Dragon Ball Z Side Story: Saiyan Extinction Plan."

The two popular English interpretations are "The Plan To Destroy the Saiyan" and "The Plan To Erradicate The Saiyan." Both are technically correct, though the former implies individuals while the latter implies the whole race. Either way, it's a Japanese translation to English, it's not uncommon for such phrases to have a number of possible translations, sometimes Japanese authors even use clever puns based on multiple meanings to a word or name which lose all meaning when translated to English as the translated English words don't share the multiple meanings.

I found a what's reportedly a good quality copy earlier. Going to give it a watch later to see what it's actually like. I did have a copy of part 1 years back in RM format but it was so bad quality it was unwatchable. Speaking of, why oh why oh why do people bother with RM/RMVB formats these days? Sure, you can fit an hour video into 50mb but the quality isn't worth bothering with.

belsy93 View user's profile Send private message

Oh I See Now Smile

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]