Content

1, 2  >>

Server browser problems

Forza Gerlacious View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, November 06, 2011

Hey all,

Decided to try the game again, and the same problem as always keep showing up for me. Every time I open up/refresh the server browser, there are hickups of 5-10 seconds. Once the game starts functioning again, there are no servers appearing. In two occasions (out of a few hundred), servers did appear for me. The first time was a year ago or so, when the server browser was first implemented. The second time was yesterday when I updated the SVN to the latest revision.

I'm on windows XP, and as far as I'm concerned, my firewall nor my router are blocking ZEQ2-Lite. Can anyone confirm that a. the server browser is working, and b. whether there is someone with the same problem?

Greetings,

Forza

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

Hello Forza! Smile Welcome back.
You should try to update do revision 1536, since that one is stable, and has a fully working server browser (as far as I'm aware of). Just be sure to set the server type to internet, because MANY people don't do that. Smile I hope this helps you out. Smile

Mima wrote : Hello Forza! Smile Welcome back.
You should try to update do revision 1536, since that one is stable, and has a fully working server browser (as far as I'm aware of). Just be sure to set the server type to internet, because MANY people don't do that. Smile I hope this helps you out. Smile

This is of no help to me: I'm on revision 1536, and of course I have server type on internet.

Do you get any hickups?

edit: Just going to see if updating all my drivers helps...

Linkxp500 View user's profile Send private message

Forza wrote :

Mima wrote : Hello Forza! Smile Welcome back.

This is of no help to me: I'm on revision 1536, and of course I have server type on internet.

Do you get any hickups?

edit: Just going to see if updating all my drivers helps...

Well, you did say that you were on the latest revision, which is not in any way revision 1536, so I'd have said the same thing.

Linkxp500 wrote : Well, you did say that you were on the latest revision, which is not in any way revision 1536, so I'd have said the same thing.

I got a folder with revision 1536 as well. The server browser works in neither version, though.

Located the problem now, it's the router. Connected my computer directly to the internet and the server browser works. Going to see whether I can resolve these issues now.

For the record: it's a D-Link DIR-120. I've opened all the ports, but no cigar. There are more people that have such issues in Quake 3, but I don't see a solution anywhere.

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

Welcome back Forza Smile
I think I saw your name by the Landing map server?

Reply with quote Monday, November 07, 2011

LegendarySS4 wrote : Welcome back Forza Smile
I think I saw your name by the Landing map server?

Yep, was just trying to see whether the server browser worked without my router. It worked Smile.

Haven't been able yet to find out what the problem with the router is though. I can actually host servers behind the router; the only thing that doesn't work is the server browser.

Wolverine View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, November 21, 2011

same problem for me today, can't find any servers.What must I do?

Wolverine wrote : same problem for me today, can't find any servers.What must I do?

Where are you when you tried this? If it is in a public network, it usually won't work because of proxies.

Nimish View user's profile Send private message

Wolverine wrote : same problem for me today, can't find any servers.What must I do?

same computer I play everyday from Smile @home

Nimish wrote :

I don't understand... You two use the same computer? And if that is the case, I would need more info of what you did differently that may have made this happen.

Linkxp500 wrote :

Nimish wrote :

I don't understand... You two use the same computer? And if that is the case, I would need more info of what you did differently that may have made this happen.

well I go to zeq2lite there click on find servers on internet n nothing comes

I created my server on internet n no dedicated I can see in local but others can't see in internet I also get hitches on the server screen and I get "Not connected to server" message

is master.quake3.com issue ?

Nimish wrote :

Linkxp500 wrote :

Nimish wrote :

well I go to zeq2lite there click on find servers on internet n nothing comes

I created my server on internet n no dedicated I can see in local but others can't see in internet I also get hitches on the server screen and I get "Not connected to server" message

is master.quake3.com issue ?

No, I believe the problem is, if you want to get others on your own server, that you need dedicated set to internet.

Linkxp500 wrote :
No, I believe the problem is, if you want to get others on your own server, that you need dedicated set to internet.

See these,

MikeOfHeaven View user's profile Send private message

I have the same problem. (:

master.quake3arena.com is down

Nimish wrote : master.quake3arena.com is down

That has nothing to do with it. It never connects to master.quake3arena.com. It must be something else; ask Brad on the IRC.

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

Yep, 2 folks from the irc are experiencing the same problem..

Linkxp500 wrote :

That has nothing to do with it. It never connects to master.quake3arena.com. It must be something else; ask Brad on the IRC.

Epic Confirmed

Inbox Message
Epic:No the servers are down.
master.quake3arena is down(it happend before,they will probably be down today only).

lukaszenko_PL View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, November 22, 2011

yes no server Sad

Wolverine View user's profile Send private message

@linkxp me and nimish are 2000 kms apart. we don't play on same pc and was the problem with server solved?

lukaszenko_PL View user's profile Send private message

why not have the servers and wants to play hehe

Sad Sad Sad

Nimish wrote :

Linkxp500 wrote :

Epic Confirmed

Inbox Message
Epic:No the servers are down.
master.quake3arena is down(it happend before,they will probably be down today only).

I understand that the problem is universal, but every time I had connected to the server, master.quake3arena.com never connected. In addition, I was told by either Mima or Domitjen (can't remember which one) that this was normal.

WSPRINTES View user's profile Send private message

Well, even if we can´t see the servers in the game browser, I think that doesn't mean they are all down.

For example, NL server still on.

To play there, you guys will have to specify the server IP.

After launching the game and clicking Play, click Specify, to specify an IP and Port to connect to the server directly, the port will be the default port for all servers so it may remain unchanged.

NL IP Address: 82.72.97.230

I tested it myself and it´s working.

Have fun, and lets hope not to get kicked till master server back *intense laughter*

1, 2  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]