<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  >>

cell games map work in progress

Laguna|DaGGeR View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, November 30, 2010

TRL wrote : shadow side for each hill.

a fake shadow in plane? that is my last step to finished the map^^

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Just thought I'd mention that your grass is using neither a shadowmap, lightmap nor an alphamap.

A lightmap is a static simulation of the effect that light being cast from the sun (or otherwise) would have on objects. This includes both shadows cast from objects and objects occluded by the lack of light (such as back facing objects). Technically, the landing map only uses a shadowmap on the base terrain to help define the curvature of the hills and one on the crater as well.

An alphamap on the other hand is typically any texture that utilizes an alpha channel to accomplish something relating to transparency/opacity effects. Although this data does not have to be in the alpha channel slot NOR does this slot have to even contain data relating to transparency, this is the typical usage seen. Just because a lightmap (or in this case, your texture) is overlaid on top of another texture with features of both textures present does not mean that an alpha process is being used.

In this particular case, your texture is serving as a detail texture if you are using a multi-texture pass. All this means is that you have a layered material with particular blend functions to control how the textures stack with one another to accomplish a more varied and vibrant final results.

The grass texture on landing actually uses this approach to bring 3-4 textures into a final grass effect.

Reply with quote Wednesday, December 01, 2010

ahh thanks here are some screenshoots on how did my map looked like yesterday^^ of course its looking better now!^^
its full of hills now and I don't want to add more hills since I need space for some serious mountains
tomorrow I'll show you a better cell games map

so domitjen wanna get this? for your cell movie?^^

Raging-Blast View user's profile Send private message

DaGGeR wrote : ahh thanks here are some screenshoots on how did my map looked like yesterday^^ of course its looking better now!^^
its full of hills now and I don't want to add more hills since I need space for some serious mountains

too....small? Piccolo looks like a Oozaru *intense laughter* ( I mean the arena, the rest is okay )

Raging-Blast wrote :

DaGGeR wrote : ahh thanks here are some screenshoots on how did my map looked like yesterday^^ of course its looking better now!^^

too....small? Piccolo looks like a Oozaru *intense laughter* ( I mean the arena, the rest is okay )

the arena is damm big *laughing out loud* the arena in series wasn't that BIGY

Oozaru??? that's Piccolo daimaoh

DaGGeR wrote :

Raging-Blast wrote :

Not that big?
and that's Piccolo...Is that so? what the heck?! didn't KNOW THAT!

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Raging-Blast wrote :

You probably got that from this picture right?

That's what you get for not using shadow maps. It's improbable to make out shapes and distances. Piccolo in this picture, is probably at the ridge of a cliff, but since there's no gradation in the grass textures it all looks flat and on the same plain.

Raging-Blast wrote :

DaGGeR wrote :

Raging-Blast wrote :

Not that big?

ehmm dude when Goku uses his teleport kamehameha the arena looks damm small when cell get possessed by him also if the arena is that big that I can see sleepin cell very tiny on it and his not even in the end ov the map

DaGGeR wrote :

Raging-Blast wrote :

DaGGeR wrote :

Raging-Blast wrote :

Not that big?

ehmm dude when Goku uses his teleport kamehameha the arena looks damm small when cell get possessed by him also if the arena is that big that I can see sleepin cell very tiny on it and his not even in the end ov the map

okay.
I was just trying to help you D:
But if you think its perfect...then..okay *intense laughter*

You probably got that from this picture right?

That's what you get for not using shadow maps. It's improbable to make out shapes and distances. Piccolo in this picture, is probably at the ridge of a cliff, but since there's no gradation in the grass textures it all looks flat and on the same plain.

sorry I were remaking the beta map and I'm still in the beginning phase I'll add shadowmaps soon and I also can add this that fast I'm currently working on 5 maps^^raging blast don't you get it? the arena is damm big its even bigger then this from the beta -.-anyway thanks for the first ref I made the arena upper part a bit too high ^^also those are pictures from yesterday its ain't that flat the ground it full of hills BIG ones
the cliff are already some not all I think 3-4 cliff I added hills nothing more^^

TRL View user's profile Send private message

I was talking to raging blast. And you didn't get what I was trying to say. I give up.

TRL wrote : I was talking to raging blast. And you didn't get what I was trying to say. I give up.

you qoutet my post and say you weren't talking to me *laughing out loud*
I did get what you say *laughing out loud* but I don't know how too add shadowmap I only know how to add fake shadows

also I told you guys more thenn 1000x times that I'm a beginner and those are pictures from yesterday have more patience dudes this isn't even final

TRL wrote : I was talking to raging blast. And you didn't get what I was trying to say. I give up.

you qoutet my post and say you weren't talking to me *laughing out loud*
I did get what you say *laughing out loud* but I don't know how too add shadowmap I only know how to add fake shadows

also I told you guys more thenn 1000x times that I'm a beginner and those are pictures from yesterday have more patience dudes this isn't even final
No way, 2 times or so.
Not more

no I said this much time if you are booring check my threads

by the way why are you always replying like you were felling addressed that's kind you don't have any hobbies^^
you guys are really that negative if you can do it better why don't you try it yourself sorry that you guys are really that jolly clown for don't understanding the word:beginner seriously I noticed your help TRL I'm getting help now or ill learn it myself to add this shadowmap

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

This thread severely need more moderation.

Stop bickering. If you don't have ANY constructive post to make that will help him in the mapping process or improve his map, don't make it -- PERIOD.

The map is coming along great generally speaking. Slap in a 3D skybox, add a few clouds, maybe some of TRL's bushes/trees/rocks, and try to compile with the LIGHT stage to see if you can improve the results any.

Dagger, please remember to start with the quote tag when quoting (keep cleaning these up).

sidg View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, December 02, 2010

I'm new here but that doesn't mean I can't contribute. And my contribution is telling you to desaturate the grass so that me and others won't go blind. Maybe put a little yellow into it but what you have right now is an eye sore. Furthermore it's fighting the characters for attention and that's never a good thing.

One last pieces of advice

It's better to finish one fantastic map as opposed to finishing a bunch of mediocre ones.(in this case not finishing) What this cell games map needs is this

1.Colors that don't fight the characters for attention. Play down the saturation.

2.The road to the arena seems rather pointless but if you must have it might I recommend that you too change it's color to something that's a bit gray brown

3.Use references from the show and your own sketch layouts and make a map that isn't too big for it's own good. I love large maps but when they are too big it's kind of a drag.

4.If possible(I'm not sure if it is)make destruction textures for each different types of textures. One for grass, one for mountains, one for the arena etc.

5.Your tank model should not be 800 tri's or even close to that. There is no reason to make it look that good. You can fake a lot of things with textures. The way you should be modeling background elements such as the tank is by starting with simple box modeling. This allows you to keep the tri's really low and allows you the freedom to add on top.

6.Make sure the cell arena is about the same size as it is in the show. Though based on how fast movement is in this game it could be a bit bigger than that.

I don't expect you to listen to everything the main things should be fixing the colors and layout

Good luck brother! Wish I could do what you do! Smile

Reply with quote Thursday, December 02, 2010

thanks some of this helps I noticed now but the map is in max size not that netradiant till now allowed to build also I want to make much mountains for seek and hide^^

Reply with quote Thursday, December 09, 2010

not a big update but this time its going to be a little change but only for the new tournament (by the way funstuff I won't let you fight in the tournament because your using more nicks !!!)

I'll add in the next update TRLĀ“s: bushes,rocks , and trees like landing maybe.
more mountains and clouds then it should be ready for a test and maybefor the tournament

(3D skybox and fake shadows and the clouds will be only added in final renders)

for tourney map only: tourneyboard with all registered fighters will be added front of the arena
yes some mountain fixes will be done

yes I am a beginner I'm not that good like Baldwin or Toebi our pro maper

romcio4 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, December 09, 2010

the last picture looks like Goku has 3 legs... mofo chair? Laughing

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, December 10, 2010

nope Razz a zeq2lite bug in which the player at the back enlarges his leg and kicks in the testicals *intense laughter*

Reply with quote Sunday, December 12, 2010

small update in the tournament version

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, December 12, 2010

You guys do know that Dagger is a beginner?

Reply with quote Friday, December 17, 2010

legendaryss4 wrote : You guys do know that Dagger is a beginner?

jeah and it's not my only map I'm working on.

I'm still working on other maps not even this here

I know the trees are wrong but those looks good

here is a small update again

my other maps that I'm still working on: cellgames ,kamis, Gohan and piccol trainmap, daggerdesert and a special map that you
guys will see in abuot 3 weeks

here are my latest pictures from my map

info: this is the tournament version at if you go out of the arena and touch the green part (not the brown because its part of the arena) it says ringout I'll show you it when I'm back home

also note that the final of this will contain more stuff and it will be much better

RealDeal View user's profile Send private message

fs map looks awesome but still ders something missing

found it ,dude in the cell games ground [white tiles]
around that that ders a little bit of barren land
here just see dis
pay attention to the sides around da fighting ground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLmPgAUVy78

RealDeal wrote : fs map looks awesome but still ders something missing

found it ,dude in the cell games ground [white tiles]
around that that ders a little bit of barren land
here just see dis
pay attention to the sides around the fighting ground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLmPgAUVy78

ohh yes forgot that *laughing out loud*

Reply with quote Saturday, December 18, 2010

new updates

ringout sound

3D skybox with animated textures

big thanks to toebi the legendary maper to help me in this step!!

andyway I know it need much fixes but I can do this since I go to portugal at this date: 20.12.2010 I can't continue on it and bevore that I want ti go play in tournament so domitjen if you are online go to chat we need a testfight!

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]