Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  >>

Kame House

RoganX Classy View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, September 15, 2010

You should make it a bit more like a beach, you know, let it fade slowely into the water. Otherwise, great job on those textures!

TheXenon View user's profile Send private message

You can see the repeated part in the rock texture, bad.

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

TheXenon wrote : You can see the repeated part in the rock texture, bad.

*laughing out loud* I did not notice that until you said that.

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

I LOVE YOUR TEXTURES RASENGAN GREATWORK!

Buksna Blaizing View user's profile Send private message

texture looks like you paused the episode and riped texture from it Confused

that texture doesn't match with house textures at all Confused

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

You know anything closer to the anime? *laughing out loud*

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

You can see the repeated part in the rock texture, bad

Actually, no, the seams look pretty well done from the shot he posted; however, it is very clearly just a series capture/edit job. That aside, the cliff texture still has potential. From this point on his should be focusing on producing a higher-resolution version using digital brushing practices to mimic the same appearance.

I think with enough effort, this could match TRL's Kami Palace textures in style and presentation. Obviously he'd need to apply the same approach to all textures for artistic consistency.

Damaera View user's profile Send private message

Baldwin wrote :

Damaera wrote : the house looks a bit too wide, the island needs to be bigger, and the island walls need to be greatly improved. islands don't go straight up from top bottom, especially the main roshi island. look at this video for reference of what the island should look like, both above and under water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcatLZiE6CE

Again, we are not using refs from the tenkaichi games, they are not accurate to the show.

That doesn't change the fact that your island looks nothing like the island in the Dragon Ball Z games or in the series.

TheXenon wrote : You can see the repeated part in the rock texture, bad.

The seams are fine. The texture, however, is not. It needs to be changed or heavily edited to make it look way better and in higher quality.

I have no idea what the two of you are talking about. All I was saying is that I can see where he used the same texture two times on the same rock.

TheXenon wrote : I have no idea what the two of you are talking about. All I was saying is that I can see where he used the same texture two times on the same rock.

You don't do use the same texture two times on something like that, you use it once and the texture goes around the mesh. That, and you're supposed to use the same one texture on rocks, cliffs, walls, etc... it repeats itself. It just looks weird being of the lack of detail and quality in the texture.. to be honest it's really bad.

So you're saying it's okay for it to have symmetry? Maybe for an office building where they would build all the windows alike but not a rock, that just doesn't exist. I'm sure Toriyama took that into account when he drew his illustrations. Obviously no rock in the world would have the same pattern repeating, it should be fixed if he wants ultimate quality.

I understand if there's absolutely no way around that but I think there is. If not then excuse me because I didn't know.

killumenati View user's profile Send private message

Awesome it's looking better everyday Very Happy

Keep up the good work Rasengun Very Happy

TheXenon wrote : I understand if there's absolutely no way around that but I think there is. If not then excuse me because I didn't know.

Basically it can be done but it's not really a good idea since it is just a picture at the end of the day wrapped around a model(most basic way I can think of explaining) your always going to have some repeats from the tiling

There is ways around it but they come at a cost that cost is quality.

This map is just a WIP also so don't judge the textures so hard Razz

Reply with quote Thursday, September 16, 2010

I have no idea what the two of you are talking about. All I was saying is that I can see where he used the same texture two times on the same rock.

The areas you pointed out are NOT seams, but just highlights for replication of pattern. Whether that occurred naturally in the original art (possible) or from rasengan's texture product is questionable, but if he did the job himself, it's EXTREMELY well crafted even by professional standards.

So you're saying it's okay for it to have symmetry? Maybe for an office building where they would build all the windows alike but not a rock, that just doesn't exist. I'm sure Toriyama took that into account when he drew his illustrations. Obviously no rock in the world would have the same pattern repeating, it should be fixed if he wants ultimate quality.

There's nothing to fix. It's already at or beyond industry quality as far as tiling and seamlessness goes. There are MANY commercial games out there that have much inferior tiling jobs produced.

It's great that you can spot the areas of replication in the pattern, but pattern awareness and poor seams are two different concepts.

I understand if there's absolutely no way around that but I think there is. If not then excuse me because I didn't know.

It's not so much that there's no way around as much as there's no point in investing in fixing that which is not definably broken. Time would be better spent enhancing the texture's resolution and detail.

Well either way texture doesn't fit the map so it should be changed

I don't like the big rock thing - rasengan even if you have some ideas its still incorrect

Contributed things should be accurate to anime as far as you can make

Map can be big so make island goes slightly down so eventually you'll get to that deep and it would look better

No hard feelings - just helping Wink

That, or the map's accompaniment textures should be changed to fit the rock's as I mentioned in my previous posts.

Using textures distorted from actual anime screenshots is inaccurate? I think your definition of accuracy may differ from standardized ones.

Zeth wrote :

That, or the map's accompaniment textures should be changed to fit the rock's as I mentioned in my previous posts.

Using textures distorted from actual anime screenshots is inaccurate? I think your definition of accuracy may differ from standardized ones.

For contribution things I ment shape of an island because he said that he did it like that because he has some ideas like submarine or something Confused

Well from my point textures that have been used for house look better then rock texture, so I'm for changing that cliff texture Smile

rasengan Gradual Miracle View user's profile Send private message

you have broken the moral Sad

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Hey rasengan don't give up. Come to chat and let Buksna explain himself. Smile

Buksna wrote :

Zeth wrote :

For contribution things I ment shape of an island because he said that he did it like that because he has some ideas like submarine or something Confused

Well from my point textures that have been used for house look better then rock texture, so I'm for changing that cliff texture Smile

no man , the cliff is looking like the anime compared to the house , the house and the upper island is a graphikal look , but the clff texture rocx Razz

najeeb wrote :

Buksna wrote :

Zeth wrote :

no man , the cliff is looking like the anime compared to the house , the house and the upper island is a graphikal look , but the clff texture rocx Razz

No, the island mesh looks nothing like it's supposed to look. It doesn't even look like an island, just a tall cliff.

RoganX Classy View user's profile Send private message

Damaera wrote :
No, the island mesh looks nothing like it's supposed to look. It doesn't even look like an island, just a tall cliff.

Damaera has a point here. The island is suppose to fade into the ocean, like a real beach. Then when it goes under water, then you can slowly make a cliff like you have now.

Reply with quote Friday, September 17, 2010

I was not saying about the structure , I was talking about the texture damaera , and *laughing out loud* Brad is that texture from the anime ? :O

rasengan Gradual Miracle View user's profile Send private message

do not worry I'll be back soon with new update

killumenati View user's profile Send private message

rasengan wrote : do not worry I'll be back soon with new update

can't wait man Very Happy

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, September 18, 2010

killumenati wrote :

rasengan wrote : do not worry I'll be back soon with new update

can't wait man Very Happy