Content

1, 2  >>

My play guide - tips, tricks, and etc.'s

Oldbean Sagacious View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, January 15, 2010

Howdy, I notice lots of people on the forum are wanting to improve on this game, and because I'm nice I've decided to share all the tricks I've learned.

Okay then, I'm not going to start at the basics (there's a guide on the main ZEQ2 lite site if you need to learn them), I'll assume you know all the basic movement, attacks, etc.

Simple tricks

-Falling

This may be well-known, but I'll mention it anyway. F+C is your friend. As you might know, air fighters cannot lock onto ground fighters, and pressing F+C makes you "fall" and puts you in "ground mode", meaning the other player will lose lock-on.

What I like to do here, is just press F+C, and very quickly afterwards press are (slam word filter, I mean the 'Rise' button). This forces the other player to lock off, and I remain in the air. Then I can zanzoken behind them and blast them with whatever I want.

-Never stand still

When playing against a skilled player, you should never stand still. I know it sounds obvious, but I see people do it all the time. Stand still, and the opponent will likely hit you with a powerful attack. If you need to recover stamina, just keep moving around on the floor (without kiboost). Whilst you recover stamina slower this way, their attacks have less chance of hitting you.

-Fight with a low power level

The power level seems to work a bit weird in this game. You can lower your power level, but whatever you lower it to, it will not affect your speed/strength/defence/anything. If you lower your power level you're just choosing how you want to display it to your opponents, "hiding" is a good word to use.
So, the reason to fight with a low power level. The lower your power level is, the faster your stamina will regenerate. I'd avoid fighting at 1 power level, though, because your attacks will use even more stamina.

-Allow yourself to be mêlée'd

*If possible*, try and 'lure' your opponent into using fast mêlée on you. Doing so will increase your power level very quickly, giving you the advantage. Then you can go on the offensive. At 32k powerlevel, however, this trick isn't useful.

Defensive tricks

-Heal in mid-jump

You may have noticed, but you can jump through the air, and upon pressing F+D, your character will "pause" mid-air. You can use this to your advantage, and heal yourself. Your opponent will be locked off if in the air 'cause you're in "ground mode", so it's difficult for someone to land attacks on you.

If you think someone's about to land a hit on you, just let go of D for a second, and press it again. You just "continue" your jump for a second, and now they have to re-aim at you.
If you're fighting a particularly skilled opponent, you might have to end up letting go of/re-pressing F+D quite quickly. It still helps, though.

Finally, one more trick regarding the mid-jump heal. You can keep your opponent busy by using the ki blasts whilst your healing. You heal, they can't (unless, again, they're skilled Razz).

-Heal during mêlée

Stuns are pretty discomforting in this game, and if you find someone stunning you over and over, you can easily heal through it.

Hopefully your stamina will be near full if they stun you. If so, just heal. Let them keep stunning you and hitting you. Eventually, all their mêlée on you will have increased your power level dramatically, giving you a large advantage.

A clever player would stun you only about twice in a row, denying you the chance of healing properly.

-Get out of ki-blast stuns

Try to avoid being caught up in ki blasts. If you are, you can simply block, and when the opponent realises their ki blasts are coming back at them, they'll stop. Pretty simple.

If your opponent is on the ground and you're in air.. then F+C, and try and face their direction whilst holding block. Then move about, try and heal if you can, etc.

Offensive tricks

-Ki blast ki blast ki blast

Yes it's discomforting, but if you're determined to win, and your opponent is very difficult, it might have to be necessary.

Ki blasts will stun your opponent if one lands. If your opponent is running about a lot, ki blasts are a good way to 'catch' them, and hold them still so you can run in to mêlée them, use a different beam, or whatever.

If they block, and they are in air, then F+C, move a bit (teleport behind them perhaps) and blast again. This can damage them loads if they struggle to face your direction to block again.

Personally I wouldn't overuse the above trick.. 'cause it feels a little cheap. But, there you go.

-Avoid fast mêlée

Yeah, it kind of takes away the Dragon Ball Z "feel", but if you're very determined to win, then try to avoid fast mêlée'ing your opponent. Even though it damages them, you're "giving" them power level, which will give them an advantage.

It's best to stick to beams for pure damage (in my opinion).

At 32k power level, however, don't worry about this. mêlée them all you want.

---

Okay then, this is all I can think of for now. I'll update this when I remember any more tricks.

Domitjen is looking for more challenging fights, and hopefully this guide will help give him some!

Hope this helps.

Oh yes, ask any questions if you want, and I'll try to answer.

EDIT: I should also say, this guide may not "automatically" make you good, you'll have to practise the tricks, or find tricks that work better for you. And most importantly keep on fighting!

Malek View user's profile Send private message

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

Thanks, I won't read it with or without time Laughing

But I appreciate your effort Very Happy

If you don't wanna read it, fair enough. It's not *too* long a read though, and these are tricks that have helped me enormously. And it'd probably help you in beating the more skilled players.

-Heal during mêlée

Stuns are pretty discomforting in this game, and if you find someone stunning you over and over, you can easily heal through it.

Hopefully your stamina will be near full if they stun you. If so, just heal. Let them keep stunning you and hitting you. Eventually, all their mêlée on you will have increased your power level dramatically, giving you a large advantage.

This is veeeeryy dangerous. In theory, it maybe works, but you can have a short live with that trick. Yes your power level ascends a lot. But you still having wounds and if your oponnent has a lot of power level, this won't work. And if he's Piccolo, your power level ascends. But Piccolo attacks are very dangerous even if he has 6k power level and you have 32k. I did this sometimes and it doesn't work very well, because your opponent doesn't give you time for heal...

Finally, one more trick regarding the mid-jump heal. You can keep your opponent busy by using the ki blasts whilst your healing. You heal, they can't (unless, again, they're skilled

The lock on doesn't work while you're charging your ki.

I don't want read more now...

This is veeeeryy dangerous. In theory, it maybe works, but you can have a short live with that trick. Yes your power level ascends a lot. But you still having wounds and if your oponnent has a lot of power level, this won't work. And if he's Piccolo, your power level ascends. But Piccolo attacks are very dangerous even if he has 6k power level and you have 32k. I did this sometimes and it doesn't work very well, because your opponent doesn't give you time for heal...

It may not always work, no. This is under the assumption that both players are at a similar power level to begin with. But, if you manage to be mêlée'd, escape, and heal, it will give you a huge advantage.

I'm not sure what you mean about Piccolo though, his fast mêlée does the same amount of damage as any other character's fast mêlée. His Ki ball is what to look out for Razz.

And as for not having time to heal, well, I think that the tips mentioned in my guide would help. Also..

The lock on doesn't work while you're charging your ki.

I don't want read more now...

The lock on doesn't work during charging, no, but you can still manually aim. If, for example, your opponent is trying to heal on the floor, you can shoot at him while you're charging, and he'll have to move about to avoid your attacks, unable to heal.

Like I say, though, these things have to be practised.

You don't have to read it, of course. I'm just trying to help people Very Happy

You can't aim manually or blast won't hit him except he's on the ground.

I said Piccolo for his makankosappo and the ball.

ESFER25 wrote : You can't aim manually or blast won't hit him except he's on the ground.

As much as I don't want to argue, I'd disagree with this.

This trick works for me. If I'm healing mid-jump and my opponent decides to try and heal too, I can just (manually) aim at him and shoot him, so he has to move.

If he's moving, my shots won't hit, *BUT* he's not healing, and I am.

As for Piccolo's attacks, I would say you have to be more cautious around them, maybe don't allow yourself to get *too* damaged when getting mêlée'd, but I still find it helps me.

Again, of course, I'm not forcing anyone to use these tricks, I just hope it helps a few people like it helps me. Different tricks work for different people, I suppose.

If it matters, me and Domitjen trained with eachother for a long while, and a lot of these tricks are what we both learned on the way.

Whait, what ki blas do you say? ki storm (right click) or normal ki blast (you need charge it. Left click)???

Ah and all about domi: Angus Young didn't learn from Jimmy Hendrix, but that doesn't mean Angus isn't good...

I use the right-click ki blast.

That guitarist analogy seems a bit irrelevant to me.. Are you saying, it's possible for a guitarist to get good without learning from Hendrix? That's true, but if a guitarist DID learn from Hendrix, then you could be pretty certain that he'd be good Razz.

Not that I'm calling myself Hendrix or Angus Razz

I only say, if you learned from domi, that doesn't mean nothing, there can be a lot of good players who didn't know nothing about him

Malek View user's profile Send private message

what the heck I got confused :p sticky this Very Happy

there can be a lot of good players who didn't know nothing about him

Yes, like this 'Jackie Chen' I've heard about Razz.

I wouldn't quite say I learned from Domi. More like, we both learned together. He taught me some things and I taught him some things. I personally find the tricks I've mentioned here very useful, others might, others might not. I respect if you disagree, and hope to fight you soon!

Edit: Malek, you've read it all? Very Happy I can try and explain anything if I didn't make it clear in the first post. I could even go in game and help you if any servers were online Razz *laughing out loud*

Zielan KoRnified View user's profile Send private message

So you really teached me all back then it's a lot of writing but these techniques are easy like heck!10 minutes of training and you are intermiddiate (sorry for spelling) player.By the way you are a good teacher sensei Bean Wink

Domitjen The Champ View user's profile Send private message

Zielan wrote : So you really teached me all back then it's a lot of writing but these techniques are easy like heck!10 minutes of training and you are intermiddiate (sorry for spelling) player.By the way you are a good teacher sensei Bean Wink

dudeee, now I'm going to lose against everyone=(

thaha:p

Zielan KoRnified View user's profile Send private message

Yes the whole forum will team up and smash you! Laughing

Naguto View user's profile Send private message

I doubt we could if were all super Saiyan 100 *laughing out loud*

Buksna Blaizing View user's profile Send private message

Thanks for the tip old....knew about F+"C" but I thought it only works when you hit the ground

Regards

jingoku View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Howdy Oldbean!!!
Long time no see!! Very Happy
I would like to suggest that playing with Piccolo is another tactic which would come handy..... GO GREEN for a change!!! Very Happy

Kos View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, January 27, 2010

*laughing out loud* read it all...nothing I did not know about but still...its good for those who did not know...
I...really don't use that..I like to play the game the OLD FASHIONED WAY....and that is Dragon Ball Z - STYLE...still inhaled to loose againest those who used these ''cheats''(from my point of view cos they are a little like bugs or so) I fought normally and hoped they would to (even told em but many had intellectually lacking excuses :-w)

laters... and a big lipid *rolling on floor laughing* for those who did not read this...cos they to LAZY TO READ???? how much more lazy can you get Laughing Laughing Laughing

jingoku View user's profile Send private message

Hi there Kos!!
The only "BUG" which can really be exploited is healing in mid jump!!...... and we do fight the old fashioned way! Very Happy

Kos View user's profile Send private message

ye *laughing out loud* Smile that's what I enjoyed most Smile

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Oh how everyone will be in for a surprise on the next (an actually intended to be played) public beta. Current strategies will be out the window!

Domitjen The Champ View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote : Oh how everyone will be in for a surprise on the next (an actually intended to be played) public beta. Current strategies will be out the window!

I'll find new ones, don't worry:p

Ameon View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, January 28, 2010

guys, does anyone noticed domi's always keeps his energy at its half rate? I nearly been got some of your tricks Domi Wink
(don't thinks I'd got't all.)

1, 2  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]