Content

<<  1, 2, 3  >>

[Radiant] Mapping

void View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, August 14, 2010

Recently rediscovered a site hosting good old Bubba's tutorials.

http://www.1upclan.info/hosted/bubba-map-tutorials/

Any serious Quake 3 mapper used to start out with these back in the day, many of the tutorials focus on brushwork specifically, but some of them are useful even when you just import modeled maps.

Zaneo View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, August 21, 2010

I don't get it, I get an error everytime I try to build

Failed to execute the following command: D:/Program/NetRadiant/zeq2lite.game/ZEQ2.exe+set sv_pure 0 +set fs_game ZEQ2Contents +devmap Tutorial

also my textures never showed up in netradiant....

goku520 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, October 08, 2010

this new map??????

Laguna|DaGGeR View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, October 08, 2010

Zaneo wrote : I don't get it, I get an error everytime I try to build

Failed to execute the following command: D:/Program/NetRadiant/zeq2lite.game/ZEQ2.exe+set sv_pure 0 +set fs_game ZEQ2Contents +devmap Tutorial

also my textures never showed up in netradiant....

your shader is wrong and when you build the map in the 3D program you need to texture it there and name the textures like in your texture folder

rj3001 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, January 21, 2011

List of my errors.

1.Shaders come into net radiant but they are the default "Shader Not Found" and I can not load any other shaders that DO show onto the model.

2. I use blender because my computer refuses to install 3D studio max and will not support .ASE files.

3. Every time I compile the map it says it has been leaked but is inside the box you have to make around the map itself in net radiant.

4. I am able to get my map onto the game by loading the map onto net radiant as .md3 files but I go through any objects in game (not sure if the file formats have anything to do with that).

5. I have the Dragon Ball April Fools mod and net radiant inside it but nothing changed with the errors listed above

I think that's all of them. I am either bad it this because I am an armature or because I am really stu,pid.

Damaera View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, September 07, 2011

To somewhat add on to the guide so future issues for other people are prevented, I figured I'd point this out:

If your hollowed brush is too large and your compiler crashes during MakeTreePortals, select your hollowed brush, hit 'N', and add '_blocksize' under key and '8192' under value. I'm not sure why you need to do this exactly, but it fixes the issue.

NikhilR View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I get this error,

Loaded Model: "maps/Sky.ase"
Texture load failed: "TutorialSky"
entityCreate -class misc_model

And the texture does not load as expected on the model.
What am I doing wrong here?

Shakia View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, June 17, 2012

Texture load failed: "Material #31 I get this

AraVinD View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, August 22, 2012

GL_AGL_AMDX_debug_output GL_AMDX_vertex_shader_tessellator GL_AMD_conservative_depth GL_AMD_debug_output GL_AMD_depth_clamp_separate GL_AMD_draw_buffers_blend GL_AMD_multi_draw_indirect GL_AMD_name_g
Anisotropic filtering possible (max 16x)
Loaded Texture: "F:/ZEQ2-Lite/bitmaps/notex.bmp"
OpenGL window configuration: colour-buffer = 32bpp, depth-buffer = 32bpp
Unable to find default tag file F:/ZEQ2-Lite/zeq2lite.game/shadertags.xml. No tag support.
OpenGL window configuration: colour-buffer = 32bpp, depth-buffer = none
WARNING: could not extract the relative path, using full path instead
Model load failed: "F:/ZEQ2-Lite/zeq2lite.app/Contents/Sky.ase"
entityCreate -class misc_model

help!!!!

AraVinD View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, August 23, 2012

I did everything that is said in the tutorial and it didn't work

should I use ZEQ2 Public Beta 1 for this and not the 1536 version ? please help !!!

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, October 01, 2015

Thank you Dave ! Great tutorial! Very Happy

D_guard_d View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, November 08, 2015

I create the map with Sketchup and I export it in Blender as .dae, after I export it as .obj to netradiant, the map correctly appears but the shaders don't appear his images.

I have a problem to the shaders. When I export the map made of Sketchup, Blender applies the name of textures called as ID23, ID13,...

And the scripts of the shaders, only I put the images that have to open, but those images haven't those names(ID23, ID13,...).
The images that I apply for the shaders are: "Groundcover_Sand_Smooth.jpg" and "Groundcover_RiverRock_4inch.jpg"

On netradiant, the text of this says_

Loaded Model: "maps/prueba3.obj"
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 201.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 377.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 387.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 423.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 433.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 517.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 545.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 995.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 2331.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 4047.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 5403.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 5697.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 6523.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 6739.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 7609.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 7843.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 8283.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 8353.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 8489.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 8520.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 8623.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 8779.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 8810.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 9221.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 9389.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 10089.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 10305.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 11053.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 11269.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 11971.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 12119.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 12701.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 12927.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 13179.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 13189.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 13225.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 13235.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 14433.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 14913.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 15427.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 15477.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 15497.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 16579.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 16982.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 17391.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 17433.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 17443.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 17477.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 17487.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 17521.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 17531.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 17557.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 17913.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 18046.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 18205.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 18215.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 18513.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 18807.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 19245.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 19883.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 20031.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 20443.
PICO_WARNING: No group defined for usemtl, so creating an autoSurface in OBJ, line 20579.
Texture load failed: "ID12"
Texture load failed: "ID54"
Texture load failed: "ID3"
Texture load failed: "ID164"

Someone knows how to do it?
Please help me

Reply with quote Monday, November 09, 2015

My problem

Reply with quote Wednesday, November 18, 2015

>D_guard_d

It is highly probable that the issue comes from the conversions.

Can you paste the code of your obj file ?

Something like this:

# This cube has a different material
# applied to each of its faces.
    mtllib master.mtl
    v    0.000000    2.000000    2.000000
    v    0.000000    0.000000    2.000000
    v    2.000000    0.000000    2.000000
    v    2.000000    2.000000    2.000000
    v    0.000000    2.000000    0.000000
    v    0.000000    0.000000    0.000000
    v    2.000000    0.000000    0.000000
    v    2.000000    2.000000    0.000000
    # 8 vertices
    g front
    usemtl red
    f 1 2 3 4
    g back
    usemtl blue
    f 8 7 6 5
    g right
    usemtl green
    f 4 3 7 8
    g top
    usemtl gold
    f 5 1 4 8
    g left
    usemtl orange
    f 5 6 2 1
    g bottom
    usemtl purple
    f 2 6 7 3
    # 6 elements

From what I understand, your materials ("usemtl" stands for "use material") aren't assigned to their respective groups. Leading to syntactic errors.

First thing to know already, is that each conversion of a format to another (apply to any kind of files), will lead to something worse. Can be quality, or core/stability.

I suggest you to download 3DSMax 2016 student version (make an account on autodesk's site and borrow a 3 years license) and train/work using it. It's a good training and your experience/knowledge/skills on it might serve you later (if prospering).

It will also be easier since most of the tutorials in the Learning Forum are based on it's use.

Reply with quote Tuesday, November 24, 2015

>Wh1t34Gl3(SAS)

okay, I know. I solved the problem with the images seeing this URLs(ignoring Blender):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WRIpemItbM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrWP_vrHlw4

Sometimes the shader image appears if the conversion is correct.

I tested the Sweet Home 3D chairs and table, exporting each one in Misfit Model 3D and putting the texture and testing it in Netradiant.

By the way, what programs of 3D mapping(or 3D model) do you use for exporting your maps in Netradiant?(This question is for everyone, too)

Reply with quote Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Have you read what I wrote ? Or even the tutorial ?

Reply with quote Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : Have you read what I wrote ? Or even the tutorial ?

Yes, I read and I tested it. I think that I would use 3DS Max 2010 of the topic(http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6732) and learn it as you said it. I hope that this version of 3DS Max, it can be possible to export models for Netradiant as the tutorial(https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AYUBWmIf2_l1ZGZiNm05OXNfMjhkOHI2cmNkcQ&Half-Life=en) say. I have the 3DS Max 2010, so I don't know if the problem is in the shader script.

Reply with quote Wednesday, November 25, 2015

The 2010 version would at the limit be for md3 exporting. I would personally recommend the 2016, in student version, which is free.

Reply with quote Thursday, November 26, 2015

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : The 2010 version would at the limit be for md3 exporting. I would personally recommend the 2016, in student version, which is free.

okay, the 2016 for export the map/model, I've to export it in .ase(like the tutorial says) or not?

Reply with quote Thursday, November 26, 2015

I followed this tutorial and made a test map recently with the said version. No problem on the export side.

Reply with quote Friday, November 27, 2015

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote : I followed this tutorial and made a test map recently with the said version. No problem on the export side.

After uninstalling 3ds Max 2010, I installed 3ds Max 2016, but when I open the program I can't start my project and I can't make a Sphere, Box,...(the 4 views of 3ds Max 2016 are in white, and I can't see the figure/model) so the window error appears:"Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered" Windows Kernel Mode NVIDIA 359.00, I'm using Windows 10.
I'm searching the solution to solve this problem.

Reply with quote Friday, November 27, 2015

D_guard_d wrote :
After uninstalling 3ds Max 2010, I installed 3ds Max 2016, but when I open the program I can't start my project and I can't make a Sphere, Box,...(the 4 views of 3ds Max 2016 are in white, and I can't see the figure/model) so the window error appears:"Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered" Windows Kernel Mode NVIDIA 359.00, I'm using Windows 10.

That's not my domain, so I don't have a precise solution.

Something to absolutely check with Autodesk, is that there is the wanted program and essential assets/systems only (you don't need the whole set of programs, you won't even use a quart of 3dsmax), also, when unninstalling a program, make sure everything is.

Try to re-install the 2016, and maybe updating your graphic driver.

If nothing work, try to seek for solutions on some forums.

Reply with quote Monday, November 30, 2015

Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) wrote :

D_guard_d wrote :

That's not my domain, so I don't have a precise solution.

Something to absolutely check with Autodesk, is that there is the wanted program and essential assets/systems only (you don't need the whole set of programs, you won't even use a quart of 3dsmax), also, when unninstalling a program, make sure everything is.

Try to re-install the 2016, and maybe updating your graphic driver.

If nothing work, try to seek for solutions on some forums.

The problem of the driver has been solved (Solution: Uninstalling the last version -359.00- of NVIDIA and installing the version 353.62, no error has ocurred). 3DS Max 2016 works correctly. Smile

To put the image of a model/map(exported in .ase or any extension for Netradiant), I've to make a shader script? I don't know how to do, but I've to put the image in the shaderlist.text for Netradiant?

Everything is in the tutorial. If you want to make special shader functions for uses such as reflection or fog, some other tutorials are covering these effects in the learning forum.

If you can't find what you want in this category and will to deeply explore Quake 3 Arena's Shader Language (I usually use Q3ASL as shortcut Razz ), this guide of the "vanilla" Quake 3 will greatly help you. ZEQ2-Lite has additional functions/keywords for Q3ASL that you won't find in the guide, by the way.

A last thing, the Quake 3 engine is really old and presents many constraints that can hardly be overcame. But don't give up for that, there's still a lot that can be done, and you have a way to go before feeling certain needs.

<<  1, 2, 3  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]