Content

Special Beam Cannon Timeout

Forza Gerlacious View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, September 10, 2009

Version     : ZEQ2-lite Public Beta 1
System      : Windows XP SP3
Description : Sometimes the special beam cannon attack does not disappear until after a few minutes. In the air you can see a red/green/blue system of axes at the end of the beam.

The axes look like this:

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, September 11, 2009

I am aware of the beam spiral itself persisting for longer than it should, but could you please explain in more detail how to get the axis to appear? It's likely caused by a missing model file, but I am unsure what file is attempting to load and failing.

Alex Al Knows View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, September 11, 2009

This bug is related to this bug: http://www.ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2

Or, at least, I've only ever had both happen to me at the same time. Basically if you're hit the moment you release the beam, the beam fires out toward a certain point (possibly along a vector going through the world origin) and stops, enventually times out and leaves the NullModel mesh where the beam head was.

I think this happens when getting hit by projectiles as well as mêlée, though I'm only certain about mêlée. Further more, when in this state you can not more and you can not get out of it until you're hit again.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]