Content

Fusion of Powers

MASSACRE View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Version     : ZEQ2-lite Public Beta 1
System      : Windows XP SP3
Description : If you select any character and use your special power, changing the chat to fast, you can create a fusion of the 2 powers.

Is so hard to me for explain with words, I have make this little video to show the bug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT1J0ztJ8BA

Sorry for the Bad Quality of video.

Alex Al Knows View user's profile Send private message

Good old Quake 3 weapon management. This is a problem similar to a bug in Bid For Power where you could fire a charged and a repeating attack at the same time by swapping attack once the charged one is ready to fire.

Effectively this is an exploit based on how Quake 3 is only really "aware" of the weapon/attack you have selected at the time of firing, if you charge up the attack and change character it changes the selected attack to that of the new character but it retains all the charge and power accumulated before swapping character as it doesn't notice the weapon's changed.

Good catch, it's definitely a bug which needs to be taken care of.

A nice solution, is add a command to kill the player if he change a character.

Truth! Touching in the subject of "Bugs" , it leaves what me super sad is when I connect myself in the ZEQ2 servers and have that to see the childrens if using to advantage of bugs reporteds here to ruin the diversion of ZEQ2, exactly being in beta. Lately I am leaving to play in the existing dedicated servers to play with a group of friends mine. we do not abuse bugs and imperfections. We play clean:) we have that to be patient and to help the possible maximum reporting bugs the team of the ZEQ2, so that let us can have optimum DragonBall Z game for PC ever made!

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

Your hand is trembling *laughing out loud*.

Postscript: Nice quality *intense laughter* (well if you recorded it with a phone, isn't too bad)
PD2: Nice catch Shocked

ESFER25 wrote : Your hand is trembling *laughing out loud*.

Postscript: Nice quality *intense laughter* (well if you recorded it with a phone, isn't too bad)
PD2: Nice catch Shocked

I'm supporting my mobile with my mount Rolling Eyes

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Will be fixed in numerous ways via the more structured weapon handling system as well as server-side controls for limited character changing during a match.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]