Content

1, 2  >>

Budokai Map

Damaera View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, February 04, 2010

Earlier today ElementX and I decided to team up and finish up the Budokai map.

Here's what we have so far:

Oh, and yeah, the shadows are loved up cause the ground was moved down a bit. Couldn't be assed to fix it after 15 minutes of rendering, sorry. T_T

Malek View user's profile Send private message

It need more people into it but nice work anyway I love it Wink

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

I hope it will have more buildings and not a desert :p

Nice avatar malek Very Happy

Yes, there will be way more buildings. Smile

rasengan Gradual Miracle View user's profile Send private message

very good map

A little more progress, started out slow, starting to get a bit faster:

I'm most likely going to re-do the square shaped building with the red roof eventually.

Rayuji View user's profile Send private message

I like the square shaped building D'= but I guess you could change it up a little *intense laughter*

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, February 05, 2010

Post some references (a zip file of all of them would even work) as well as some details about the current triangle counts. I can probably give some fair suggestions.

Thank you sir, I've been looking for crits and suggestions so I can make this as nice looking as possible. Smile

Poly wise, the buildings are currently at 3,366 quads.

Refs, ElementX sent me a quick map he did a few years back I believe, it pretty much has a similar layout as to what the city looks like in the movie. I have 23 ref images, a layout as to what the positioning and scaling should look like, and a few pictures of an early version of the city that ElementX did back when he was using NetRadiant.

Here are the Movie 7 refs, by the way.

JadenKorn Totally Explicit View user's profile Send private message

So far so good. Very Happy
Don't forget, once your buildings are finished and placed into their respective locations, export either every build into a separate ASE file, or all grouped into then then exported, either way is fine, but be sure to not to group anything with the ground object, that needs to be exported as a separate object.

Ah, once those are made, don't forget to check it out in NetRadiant if they are properly scaled. If not, all you have to do is just select the desired object, hit N (which opens the entities window) and where you see the Uniform Scale box, enter a value between 0.01 and probably 20 or less. In this case, there's no need to scale them up in 3DS Max.

Anyway, good luck with the map and keep us informed. Very Happy

MDave ZEQ2-lite Ninja View user's profile Send private message

Nice! But .... it should be done with brushes instead. I've said enough about it, so I'll stop going on about it now.

ElementX The F-Men View user's profile Send private message

Here is my initial idea I planed with Joel, however there can be more buildings or "city" added around the stadium to enlarge the map. If I recall correctly the city was pretty big around the stadium. I'll modify this sketch to represent a larger city most likely.

MDave wrote : Nice! But .... it should be done with brushes instead. I've said enough about it, so I'll stop going on about it now.

You know Dave, I started doing it, until Joel pretty much convinced me to have it all done in max... =P

And I have my .map file still somewhere left unfinished...

Kos View user's profile Send private message

nice guys...as I see it .. it will turn up great Wink keep it up guys and no need to hurry or something Razz better quality then poor work Wink

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, February 06, 2010

Damaera, your references really didn't encompass the arena, but rather a city in general. I'm pretty sure we have a lot more floating around that are more relative to the immediate building surroundings. Additionally, I know we also have a great (non-series) overview shot of the arena and it's various complexities.

Ideally, we'd want to work from the series shots as much as possible though so we can capture the surroundings in greater detail.

Nice! But .... it should be done with brushes instead. I've said enough about it, so I'll stop going on about it now.

I agree half-way.

On the matter of of development time and portability, using a standardized 3D editor is going to save a lot of time and offer more flexibility; however, I would recommend NOT using triangle-based collision in Radiant for the mesh objects but rather building up simple collision brushes instead to result in a rather LARGE performance gain.

Alternatively, you may be able to get away with a 50/50 compromise to building brushes by generating ultra-low triangle versions (or building them from primitives) of the buildings. It won't give as much of a performance gain as brushes and won't handle smooth surfaces as eloquently, but it may suffice for early-stage testing of a dense city.

Doing it this way will let you preserve the pros of both approaches and should technically let you well exceed 100K triangles without too much performance deficit on older systems. It'll also prevent headaches with random collision "holes".

Ameon View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, February 06, 2010

VeryWell. Good Work.

Shane View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Do you guys plan to have a blimp somewhere in the air?

Reply with quote Thursday, February 11, 2010

Yes.

Reply with quote Friday, February 12, 2010

Sorry for the lack of updates, guys. School's a puppy (especially when you're behind ;p), but I took a few hours and decided to re-do everything. So far I have two buildings done:

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

damerea what program are you using 3ds or netradient

Same one that I've always been using. 3dsmax.

Kos View user's profile Send private message

damaera ...dude...after you finish it (if) make also another (re edited )but battledamaged Wink would be cool

pitzy View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, March 24, 2010

*laughing out loud* great but guys why have a question! when will the next version of ZEQ2 will be released I'm dying to see the next one
Question

TheXenon View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Never! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, March 25, 2010

TheXenon wrote : Never! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

*laughing out loud* you're wrong Razz

It will be released after that Laughing

1, 2  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]