Content

Changing / Creating Attacks

danteX View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew how to make or change the attacks? I was also wondering if anyone could post the original emblem files. (.gfsx and .phys)
I have been fiddling around with the ones I have. I have made solar flare work, but when I try to make a new attack, when I start the game, it says its trying to redefine a defined weapon number. so I was wondering where weapon numbers get defined. when I do this, all my attacks disappear and I can't use any. my last point/question is, all of this only happens for emblem Goku. is there a separate folder for non emblem Goku? and if so, why can both of them transform?. I am adding both the .gfsx and .phys files from solar flare working, for anyone who wants them, and my new ones for anyone that would like to help. please keep in mind, if you want to use solar flare, you need to add the folder "ZEQ2Contents\skills\solarFlare" and add the file "icon.png". you can use a previously used one. there are a lot floating around in those folders, just copy and paste.

I figured out why I was only changing emblem Goku. so no one needs to answer that one.

Mtwarrior View user's profile Send private message

I'll try to help. I had a similar problem.

If it isn't showing your attacks in game then you have make sure the 2 default folders have the same weapon # and... it's hard to explain but If you wanted to take out solar flare then you'd delete solar flare from the 1st default script and you'd need to get rid of the weapon for it, same for the other default.

I hope I somehow helped.

No, I got solar flare to work. it isn't there usually, and I put it there, in my (solar flare) files. what I want is to know how to make new attacks.

If it's a brand new attack then I'm not sure.

To put another attack in you probably just have to add a weapon # and then add the attack. Then just work on that attack by using attacks in the game already.

Reply with quote Thursday, October 01, 2009

but there's my problem. I did add the # and attack, and not only does it not appear, but all my other attacks go to. this was why I needed help in the first place. but thanks for trying.

Yes this happened to me. I think you just have to go over the scripts until you see what you did wrong.

It's either you have to delete something or add something...

I now have Spirit Bomb working in different transformations and solar flare working. Here are the files if anyone wants them. don't forget to back up.

Postscript. MT, I shouldn't have forgotten anything because I copied most of the attacks from previously done attacks. but I do have an update. Turns out each person can only have 6 attacks. I'm still looking for the file that tells rules like these so I can change them, but I don't know where it is unfortunately. I think it might be in the .dll's. any coders to confirm?

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Each character can have 12 attacks (6 skills with a primary and alternate each). This is currently hard-coded, but may change in the future. You need more than 12 attacks per tier?

Forza Gerlacious View user's profile Send private message

If you want an alternate skill that is very different from the primary skill you could always make a 'double' icon, the first half showing the primary skill, the second the alternate.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]