Content

1, 2, 3, 4  >>

ZEQ2-Lite Frequently Asked Questions

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, June 10, 2010

This Frequently Asked Questions is intended to help give new comers a place to find all the "need to know" information in one spot. I slapped this together pretty quickly, so I may have missed some stuff, or gotten some of my facts crossed... If anyone thinks of any questions/answers I missed, or spots any errors I might have made in this post, please post them here and I'll add/fix them when I can.(And if possible, could a mod sticky this, maybe?)

Let us begin.

What is ZEQ2 Lite?
From the "About" page linked to at the top of this page:

ZEQ2-Lite is an open-sourced and mod expandable project based on a highly modified ioQuake3 engine foundation and features many true-to-reference Dragon Ball Z visuals and mechanics. Additionally, there exists a custom from-scratch particle system as well an extended number of configuration files that can be used to control character skills (visually & mechanically), world particle effects, forms / transformations / tiers, music playlists, and other aspects. This attribute makes the project more than simply another Dragon Ball Z modification as strong capabilities exist for user mod creation exists without need for actual programming.

Where do I download ZEQ2 Lite?
You can download it from several locations, most of which can be found on the "Download" page, linked to at the top of this page. Alternatively, you can just click here:http://ZEQ2.com/lite/?page_id=33

Why are there only 3 characters? I want to play as <insert character name here>!
The initial Public Beta 1 release only has 3 characters, Goku, Piccolo, and Raditz. There are addon characters that have been made and released by fans however, though they are not officially supported by the ZEQ2 Developers, so if your addon character doesn't work, don't blame the Devs. You can find these characters in the stickied thread here: http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/viewtopic.php?t=580

Note that you can also find some maps that are available for download from that thread as well.

Note 2: With the release of ZEQ2 Lite's SVN build, there are more characters now than previously.

How do I transform? I want to go to Super Saiyan 5 bazillion!
The default characters in Public Beta 1 do not have the ability to transform. However, some addon characters do have transformations, provided you have a high enough powerlevel to do so. This powerlevel requirement varies depending on the addon, but is usually around 10,000 for the first transformation, anything beyond that varies greatly depending on the addon. To transform, make sure to power up all the way(pressing "f+d" by default(ignore the plus sign) and once you're high enough to transform, press "f+w" and a "transformation animation" will play, signaling that you've transformed.

How do I power up?
Press "f+d" at the same time, and hold the keys down until you've fully charged.(again, ignore the plus sign)

My health is low! How do I heal?
Charge up your power like normal(as shown in the previous question) and keep holding the button down when your energy maxes out, it will slowly heal you over time. Be careful though, as you're a sitting duck if you do this during a fight.

Note: In the current SVN, Healing is limited, so you can no longer just infinitely heal.

I downloaded <insert addon here>, where do I put it?
When you download an addon character or map, you need to place the folders from the file into specific locations for the game to find them. For characters, this is split up as the character itself which is in a folder(example folder name: "Goku") which goes into the players folder.(which is located here: "ZEQ2\ZEQ2Contents\players") The second part is the shader file(example: "Goku.shader") goes into the scripts folder.(Located here: "ZEQ2\ZEQ2Contents\scripts")

So if you put them in the right places, it should be located as follows:
Character: "ZEQ2\ZEQ2Contents\players\Goku"
shader file: "ZEQ2\ZEQ2Contents\scripts\Goku.shader"
(Note: The bulk of character information is located in the "Goku" folder, but without the shader in place, the character will not show up propperly in game!)

Maps are a bit trickier, depending on the type. Most are done with pk3 files, and are simply dragged and dropped into the "ZEQ2Contents" folder.(which is here: "ZEQ2\ZEQ2Contents") Once the file is dragged in, you'll need to type in the "/map <mapnamehere>" command, with the correct name of the map, or it won't work.

Note: The above only applies to the Public Beta 1 build. If you're running the current stable release of the SVN build, any addons would be placed into the correct folders through the ZEQ2 folder, instead of ZEQ2Contents, since the ZEQ2Contents folder no longer exists. Also, most older addons are not initially compatible with the SVN build, so you'll need to condense the skin files for each tier into a single "default.skin" file, since the file structure was changed. There might be other issues with individual addons, since some of the structures of files, such as the phys and grfx files was changed between Public Beta 1 and the SVN.

How do I join a server/play online?

Go to this thread here,(http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29&start=0) and follow the instructions. Also, there's a link in the second post in that thread, which goes to a site that can be used to check if any servers are running.

Additionally, if you are running the current stable release of the SVN build, there is a server browser actually built in, so you should be able to find any server that is currently running.

The above quote formerly was the case, but now no longer works. Unfortunately for the time being, ZEQ2-Lite has no direct communication with the Master Server, and as such, searching and joining servers no longer works. Sadly, there is no ETA on when this will be fixed.

How do I add bots?
You can't, currently. The current release build doesn't support them. If you want to fight against something, you'll have to either host a server, or join an existing one.

How do I make/play demos?
For recording demos, in game press the tilde key (~) to bring down the console. In console type:
\bind f2 record
\bind f3 stoprecord
Then when you want to make a demo, press F2. After you finished recording it, press F3.
To view a demo in console type:
\demo <Demoname>
instead of <demoname> type the name of the demo you want to view.

What is Public Beta 1 and 1.5/SVN Build?
The initial goal with the ZEQ2 lite project was to take everything from the original ZEQ2 project, get a semi-working prototype running, and release everything to the public. However, around the time of its release, the original idea was scrapped, and there was only a limited release, while other stuff continued to be worked on internally by contributors and volunteers. The SVN Build which was release on March 15, 2011, was the official release of everything that was previously kept from the public, and included some bug fixes, new features, and other various changes. Also, many of the unfinished models of various characters in various stages were also released to the community, so if there's a character you would like to make and add to the game, check there first.

Public Beta 2 sounds awesome! When will it be released?!
It won't, because it doesn't exist. Public Beta 2 was a term coined by fans who didn't fully understand what the plan for ZEQ2 was. However, the internal SVN build, however, is now available to the public, so everything the Devs are working on is publicly accessible now.

How to import Pubilc Beta 1 characters into SVN
Step 1: Open up the player folder, and select the player which appears as Goku,
Step 2: Open up your tier folder,
Step 3:Open head_default, upper_default, lower_default, and merge all the text into one text that has to be called "default
(Optional) Step 4: Do this with your other tiers too!

Baldwin Lost Soul View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, June 10, 2010

Nice!!!!! Great thinking Very Happy

Shenku wrote :
You'll just have to be patient and wait like the rest of us.

Eh! *ponders*!!!

RealDeal View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, June 11, 2010

the info on the top is all known

nothing new

TRL View user's profile Send private message

RealDeal wrote : the info on the top is all known

nothing new

You douche, it's a Frequently Asked Questions.

Great job shenku! Smile

okay

good job man

Otpidarp View user's profile Send private message

Shenku wrote : This Frequently Asked Questions is intended to help give new comers a place to find all the "need to know" information in one spot. I slapped this together pretty quickly, so I may have missed some stuff, or gotten some of my facts crossed... If anyone thinks of any questions/answers I missed, or spots any errors I might have made in this post, please post them here and I'll add/fix them when I can.(And if possible, could a mod sticky this, maybe?)

Let us begin.

What is ZEQ2 Lite?
From the "About" page linked to at the top of this page:

ZEQ2-Lite is an open-sourced and mod expandable project based on a highly modified ioQuake3 engine foundation and features many true-to-reference Dragon Ball Z visuals and mechanics. Additionally, there exists a custom from-scratch particle system as well an extended number of configuration files that can be used to control character skills (visually & mechanically), world particle effects, forms / transformations / tiers, music playlists, and other aspects. This attribute makes the project more than simply another Dragon Ball Z modification as strong capabilities exist for user mod creation exists without need for actual programming.

Where do I download ZEQ2 Lite?
You can download it from several locations, most of which can be found on the "Download" page, linked to at the top of this page. Alternatively, you can just click here:http://ZEQ2.com/lite/?page_id=33

Why are there only 3 characters? I want to play as <insert character name here>!
The initial Public Beta 1 release only has 3 characters, Goku, Piccolo, and Raditz. There are addon characters that have been made and released by fans however, though they are not officially supported by the ZEQ2 Developers, so if your addon character doesn't work, don't blame the Devs. You can find these characters in the stickied thread here: http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/viewtopic.php?t=580

Note that you can also find some maps that are available for download from that thread as well.

How do I transform? I want to go to Super Saiyan 5 bazillion!
The default characters in Public Beta 1 do not have the ability to transform. However, some addon characters do have transformations, provided you have a high enough powerlevel to do so. This powerlevel requirement varies depending on the addon, but is usually around 10,000 for the first transformation, anything beyond that varies greatly depending on the addon. To transform, make sure to power up all the way(pressing "f+d" by default(ignore the plus sign) and once you're high enough to transform, press "f+w" and a "transformation animation" will play, signaling that you've transformed.

How do I power up?
Press "f+d" at the same time, and hold the keys down until you've fully charged.(again, ignore the plus sign)

My health is low! How do I heal?
Charge up your power like normal(as shown in the previous question) and keep holding the button down when your energy maxes out, it will slowly heal you over time. Be careful though, as you're a sitting duck if you do this during a fight.

I downloaded <insert addon here>, where do I put it?
When you download an addon character or map, you need to place the folders from the file into specific locations for the game to find them. For characters, this is split up as the character itself which is in a folder(example folder name: "Goku") which goes into the players folder.(which is located here: "ZEQ2\ZEQ2Contents\players") The second part is the shader file(example: "Goku.shader") goes into the scripts folder.(Located here: "ZEQ2\ZEQ2Contents\scripts")

So if you put them in the right places, it should be located as follows:
Character: "ZEQ2\ZEQ2Contents\players\Goku"
shader file: "ZEQ2\ZEQ2Contents\scripts\Goku.shader"
(Note: The bulk of character information is located in the "Goku" folder, but without the shader in place, the character will not show up propperly in game!)

Maps are a bit trickier, depending on the type. Most are done with pk3 files, and are simply dragged and dropped into the "ZEQ2Contents" folder.(which is here: "ZEQ2\ZEQ2Contents") Once the file is dragged in, you'll need to type in the "/map <mapnamehere>" command, with the correct name of the map, or it won't work.

How do I join a server/play online?
Go to this thread here,(http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29&start=0) and follow the instructions. Also, there's a link in the second post in that thread, which goes to a site that can be used to check if any servers are running.

How do I add bots?
You can't, currently. The current release build doesn't support them. If you want to fight against something, you'll have to either host a server, or join an existing one.

What is Public Beta 2?
The initial goal with the ZEQ2 Lite project was to slowly release things over time, largely in the form of following the anime counterpart's "sagas". With that in mind, Public Beta 1 is in essence a pre-release to the Saiyan saga. Public Beta 2 will be the actual release, with both more features, and more characters.

Public Beta 2 sounds awesome! When will it be released?!
When it's done.

Seriously the release can't be pinned down to a specific date at this time, especially due to the inevitable public outcry if the release date were to be pushed back for any reason.(Most mainstream game development companies try to avoid putting out public release dates for a game until they're sure it's going to be ready by that specific date. It's bad publicity if they announce a date and fail to meet it. Especially if they do so repeatedly)

You'll just have to be patient and wait like the rest of us.

Great!
Don't why'all think that the link of this page should be posted on the homepage? It will be good for Uninformed participators and they won't waste space by posting lacking questions Exclamation

Otpidarp wrote :

Don't you think that the link of this page should be posted in the homepage? It will be good for Uninformed participators and they won't waste space by posting lacking questions Exclamation

To be honest, there will always be folks who ignore this type of thing and will ask anyways. The difference is now they can be pointed to this to answer those questions without us needing to retype the answers over and over.(a quick "read the Frequently Asked Questions, <link>" as opposed to a multi-paragraph response about <insert question here>)

To be honest, there will always be folks who ignore this type of thing and will ask anyways. The difference is now they can be pointed to this to answer those questions without us needing to retype the answers over and over.(a quick "read the Frequently Asked Questions, <link>" as opposed to a multi-paragraph response about <insert question here>)

dude no one will ignore this if its on the home page
no one ignores home page

its actually different no ones going to come here and read this stuff
unless the topic is made sticky

Buksna Blaizing View user's profile Send private message

are you sure?

Lots of people don't know how to play this game...most asked question is "how do I mêlée?"

And everything about gameplay is on main page so...

dude chances of reading da home page are more dan reading dis

Domitjen The Champ View user's profile Send private message

Great shenku. If you put up a guide for people how to set up their own servers, and how to find them, I'll sticky it.

I should ask Brad for a complete guideline to set up internet servers, Cause I can only explain it if they have no port or firewall issues. When that is implemented in your Frequently Asked Questions, I'll sticky it with pleasure! Very Happy

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

OH MY GOODNESS, don't quote the whole Frequently Asked Questions *super mega extreme intense laughter*

On topic: Very nice Very Happy

Malek View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, June 14, 2010

Gameplay of the public beta 1 on homepage is still unread because its down the homepage, maybe if you put it up...

daxmalvossi View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, February 14, 2011

I still don't get how put the maps in. like what's the /maps command??

Reply with quote Monday, July 25, 2011

Because I was bored, I went in and edited this Frequently Asked Questions to be more up to date...

Buster View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, April 15, 2012

Hi!
How can I deflect attacks (kamehame or single shots) away or back to the attacker?
I tried block but nothing.

Richma View user's profile Send private message

Hold CTRL and when the attack hits you it will stop right in front of you then you should get away from the beam because it'll explode and you could get some damage I hope that I helped you Cool

Buster View user's profile Send private message

But I see that ingame (stable), he shots a player, and he reflect away. In second time he reflect the beam back to the attacker.

Reply with quote Monday, April 16, 2012

Buster wrote : But I see that ingame (stable), he shots a player, and he reflect away. In second time he reflect the beam back to the attacker.

Yeah so what to reflect it or block does it matters no one want to be killed with a beam and it's better to reflect it to the one who shot the beam at you he will receive some damage isn't that the point? I really don't see any other point

Linkxp500 View user's profile Send private message

Richma wrote :

Buster wrote : But I see that ingame (stable), he shots a player, and he reflect away. In second time he reflect the beam back to the attacker.

Yeah so what to reflect it or block does it matters no one want to be killed with a beam and it's better to reflect it to the one who shot the beam at you he will receive some damage isn't that the point? I really don't see any other point

He wants to know HOW to reflect it, not how to avoid damage.

Too bad I never figured it out. I can reflect on occasion, but it seems to be random.

I usually just stand still and block while targeting my opponent, that would always work with ki blasts.

I sometimes block it and sometimes reflect it but either way I don't get damage so I don' care Laughing

Wolverine View user's profile Send private message

unlike Public Beta 1 you can't deflect kamehas. You can just block em and they just stand in the air before xploding.
The ki balls can be reflected by simply holding the block button. No beam can be reflected I think xcept for Galick gun.

Domo-Kun View user's profile Send private message

Wolverine wrote : unlike Public Beta 1 you can't deflect kamehas. You can just block em and they just stand in the air before xploding.
The ki balls can be reflected by simply holding the block button. No beam can be reflected I think xcept for Galick gun.

I thought you could deflect most beams with Ctrl + Shift :O

Wolverine View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Domo-Kun wrote : I thought you could deflect most beams with Ctrl + Shift :O

you mean the boost button? Nah.. They just hover in the air.

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Domo-Kun wrote :

Wolverine wrote : unlike Public Beta 1 you can't deflect kamehas. You can just block em and they just stand in the air before xploding.

I thought you could deflect most beams with Ctrl + Shift :O

yeah it does, If I remember ( been a year or so since I played this )

1, 2, 3, 4  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]