I have a feeling another Vegito is about to be born

Kakarot2550 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, August 03, 2013

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, August 04, 2013

dislike how they have over powered a Namek

TRL View user's profile Send private message

I just hope this isn't the actual end of Buu, because they haven't even fought him at all. Would be the lamest fight ever.

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

nothing to dislike here....the dragonball world always need a really strong namekkian.. I've always disliked the Buu saga because of the 2 KIDS(Trunks and Goten and that Gotenks.. because of Videl..because of krillin with hair and because of the Weak Piccolo,so ridicolous..

a Namek has no reason to be that strong , and I don't think multiple fusions work unless it's the authors wish , unless the author is a fan boy , that's another story

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

I was fairly certain that this Namek would be one of the (if not the) most capable from the start. We know that Namekian fusions aren't additive power level gains from the series. Given that he beat Frieza, Cell, and even Buu without "breaking a sweat" according to the authors, it seemed reasonable that he would have an extreme skill-set. It's entirely reasonable that his capabilities extend far beyond just brute force like Vegetto and much further into the realm of magical/mystical powers like Guru and other Namekians possessed. Since Buu was created ENTIRELY from a magical means, it's not far-fetched for someone with mastery over the arts to be able to manipulate him. How else do you think Bibidi created, controlled, and sealed him, after all?

Besides that, having the collective power/knowledge/wisdom/capability of an entire RACE (potentially millions/billions if the great tempest didn't occur or was prevented in his timeline) is a pretty huge deal. Goku used a Spirit Bomb (an additive power) from mostly Earth inhabitants and bested Kid Buu. Since the average power level of Namekians is presumably much higher, it's not unreasonable for this fighter to have the skills he does.

A bigger question is "When are the addon creators of ZEQ2-lite going to latch on to Dragon Ball Multiverse creations?". Unlike official and even Dragon Ball April Fools mediums, I don't think anyone has really pursued this.

Reply with quote Monday, August 05, 2013

You're promoting dbm addons??! :O

Hehe, well I have seen Super Saiyan 2 and Super Saiyan 3 Vegetto's but that's about it. I wouldn't go so far as to promote it, because there aren't really much interesting character designs there. Zen Buu and this Namek are only mediocre to okay at best. There's not much creativity to their designs at all.

Besides the Ultimate Namekian, what about the fighter-capable Super Saiyan Bra/Pan? What about XXI (the old man magic user that bested Vegetto)? Turtle Hermit Krillin? Pre-technology Saiyans? Ghost Saiyans? Even the simple design of Vegeta in Saiyan armor with a cape (as a king like his father) was a nice touch.

There aren't too many extravagant designs, no, but that's what makes them more Dragon Ball Z-suitable; they're simple and believable to fit in the mythos -- unlike most fan-art concoctions that are over the top colorful/vibrant with superfluous details.

Zeth wrote : I was fairly certain that this Namek would be one of the (if not the) most capable from the start. We know that Namekian fusions aren't additive power level gains from the series. Given that he beat Frieza, Cell, and even Buu without "breaking a sweat" according to the authors,

my point according to the authors , we would never know if those sort of fusions were possible in the real Dragon Ball Z universe but well haha just my speculation :p

Zeth wrote : Besides the Ultimate Namekian, what about the fighter-capable Super Saiyan Bra/Pan? What about XXI (the old man magic user that bested Vegetto)? Turtle Hermit Krillin? Pre-technology Saiyans? Ghost Saiyans? Even the simple design of Vegeta in Saiyan armor with a cape (as a king like his father) was a nice touch.

There aren't too many extravagant designs, no, but that's what makes them more Dragon Ball Z-suitable; they're simple and believable to fit in the mythos -- unlike most fan-art concoctions that are over the top colorful/vibrant with superfluous details.

I guess Pan is okay too. But they're all basically copy pasting existing designs from Dragon Ball Z. That's the trap most fanartists fall into. They're not daring enough. An example is those futuristic fighters, they all have the standard Goku face and body type. These goons could easily have had all sorts of body types and different looking eyes, noses, cheek lines. There are plenty of facial features and body types to choose from within toriyama's artwork itself. So they're even copy pasting badly.

But hey that's just me being perfectionist, and of course most Dragon Ball Z fan artists start out this way. I did too.

my point according to the authors , we would never know if those sort of fusions were possible in the real Dragon Ball Z universe but well haha just my speculation :p

Actually, even using official Dragon Ball Z canon, we can extrapolate to determine the plausibility of such a fusion. We do know that Piccolo performed the fusion at least twice with an exponential increase in power each time. If merely two fusions put him on par with a Super Saiyan, one can simply do the math to determine what even just a handful more would result in.

It's not like the authors here are just pulling things out of thin air. These concoctions have an actual abasement tangential to the original Dragon Ball Z plot.

I guess Pan is okay too. But they're all basically copy pasting existing designs from Dragon Ball Z. That's the trap most fanartists fall into. They're not daring enough. An example is those futuristic fighters, they all have the standard Goku face and body type. These goons could easily have had all sorts of body types and different looking eyes, noses, cheek lines. There are plenty of facial features and body types to choose from within toriyama's artwork itself. So they're even copy pasting badly.

You are missing the point. Yes, they could just slap together unique Toriyama-inspired designs, sure, but then you'd just essentially be creating a new Toriyama product and NOT specifically a Dragon Ball Z one. You need these identifiable characters, concepts, and scenarios from the series to make it relatable to the existing medium they are targeting.

By offering familiar characters with new challenges and various points of timeline splits, you instantly get to explore every "what-if" scenario in the scope of Dragon Ball Z rules without breaking basic fundamentals about the world.

Actually, even using official Dragon Ball Z canon, we can extrapolate to determine the plausibility of such a fusion. We do know that Piccolo performed the fusion at least twice with an exponential increase in power each time. If merely two fusions put him on par with a Super Saiyan, one can simply do the math to determine what even just a handful more would result in.

actually with nail it was fusion , but what happened with kami was debatable , was it not a merging ? I mean they were 1 before he got split into 2 in Dragon Ball

You can do a lot more elaborate designs and still look distinctly Dragon Ball Z-ish. It just looks like lazy designing, like they stuck to the first thing they came up with. Before picking a final version I had like 10 different ones when I created an adult Gotenks for my fan manga.

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

there are some good characters from DBM..

Bra Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 is fine,the namekkian is a good character too.. the new Bardock from dbm seems fine.. king Cold in his new forms...
a Nappa and Raditz drew as a Buu saga style are something of new,just semplified them..

but in general the artists of this Comic are becoming lazy..
the only good drawings I can remember from the fight Vegetto vs Brolly..

the backgrounds are their weakest point I think...

I made too a fan manga so long time ago with a fan adult Gotenks too.. but the one I was focusing more was the enemie
the MajinFreeCell.. slammit I remember it was cool,but I did this back 2007 to 2009..not that good when I'm looking now,is that I'm much improved in general the last 4 months..I can notice many and many mistakes of the overall accuracy.... Embarassed ... my mistakes of the earlier Age 14-17.. Laughing

actually with nail it was fusion , but what happened with kami was debatable , was it not a merging ? I mean they were 1 before he got split into 2 in Dragon Ball

Both were Namekian fusions as stated by the series, manga, Toriyama fact books, and even the maintained wiki.

You can do a lot more elaborate designs and still look distinctly Dragon Ball Z-ish. It just looks like lazy designing, like they stuck to the first thing they came up with. Before picking a final version I had like 10 different ones when I created an adult Gotenks for my fan manga.

I believe you are limiting your perspective. The fact that they didn't have drastic character differentiation and flamboyant visual distinctions is precisely what made this multiverse comic interesting. Opposed to a superficial visual change (like most fan art pushes), this rendition instead focused on less apparent changes through historic recourse to provide more subtle character variations.

As an artist, you perceive this as lazy because of your focus purely on the visual aspects. As a designer I can more correctly identify this for what it is : divergent minimalism. Although this comic has HEAVY character portrayal issues (through poor dialogue), it does possess (in some quantity) the key to all great creations -- simplicity with depth.

Reply with quote Thursday, August 08, 2013

Djosama View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, August 09, 2013

Reply with quote Friday, August 16, 2013

gotenksAF View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, August 18, 2013

is Dragon Ball April Fools' whaou vigito form
EDIT : oops Dragon Ball Z multi cool but Buu

Reply with quote Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Reply with quote Friday, August 30, 2013

Reply with quote Friday, November 01, 2013

Could anyone make a comic like this with Photoshop?But the drawings and all would be made in Photoshop as well.

Reply with quote Wednesday, December 04, 2013

NEW!
Dragon Ball Multiverse Bardock father of Goku vs King cold father of Frieza.
It's getting exciting guys!!!!!

Who's going to win?Bardock or King Cold? Cool

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, February 15, 2014

I feel weird after reading this topic Surprised

I always saw the french side and community of this fanmanga. I have never seen dbm got this famous out there *intense laughter*

<<  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]