Content

face expressions

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, October 22, 2009

Do you think in the next updates will be face expressions? I want know, they alwais have this face

Power struggle: -_-
Get hited: -_-
Die: -_-
Transform: -_-
Charging attack: -_-

inspire in raging blast, they have very good face expresions:

Super Snake View user's profile Send private message

There are facial expressions planned. Not sure if it'll be in the lite version.

If you take a look around you can even found some images/models that have different expressions.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

We do NOT use any other game as a reference point. Our only source for features (visual or mechanical) is from the series itself.

That aside, facial expressions are planned at some point, but until we can snag a dedicated vertex animator artist to do the job, they probably won't be making an appearance just yet.

Lonno View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Goku in this version does have facial expressions. just not a wide range of them.

Kyle_Katarn View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, November 06, 2009

How were the current facial animations done? Were they done using point level animation? Or Morph tags? Also, would it be better for me to do such animations in Max? Or can I stick to Cinema?

RedHot View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, November 07, 2009

@Lonno
Made my day, thanks Razz

@Zeth

Take it easy. ESFER25 posted a very nice reference which I would compare to a series reference.

@Kyle_Katarn
Wouldn't it be enough to change and animate the texture itself?

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, November 07, 2009

ESFER25 posted a very nice reference which I would compare to a series reference.

That's a mistake content creators make all too often. When going for accuracy, nothing is comparable to the original content.

How were the current facial animations done? Were they done using point level animation? Or Morph tags? Also, would it be better for me to do such animations in Max? Or can I
stick to Cinema?

You can do facial animations anyway you'd like in your program of choice. All skeletal/vertex animations will automatically be flattened out into raw vertex changes per frame anyhow due to MD3's design.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]