Content

1, 2, 3, 4  >>

Server Setup

Asisdead View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Okay so you found this game but you want to setup your very own dedicated server that others can join. This guide will help you achieve that goal.

Your first step will be starting up Zeq2lite and going to 'Play' on the main page. Then create, then hit next and you will come upon this page.

Host name doesn't matter
Leave KO and Time limit at zero.
Power level and charge speed can be changed for personal preference.
Keep pure server off.
And set Dedicated:Internet

Now hit create and you'll see this screen.

don't worry about that red error it means nothing and your server has loaded up fine. Post your IP address on the forums and people should be able to join your server. You will need to leave this window ( the blue server screen) Running at all times or your server will shut down.

To join your own game you simply start up zeq2lite and can either type in your ip address the same way you would join a server or you hit 'play' once you startup zeq2lite and should see this screen.

Simply hit 'Fight' And you'll enter your own server.

But wait I've done all that you've said but nobody can join my server!

Now the real fun begins. This is what happened to me with my server. This means that your router has a firewall setup and people cannot connect to the port that zeq2lite uses. You need to open this port on your routers firewall by doing something called port forwarding.

You need to take a few steps to get to your routers firewall page. First go to your start menu and find 'run' Click it. In the box type in cmd and then hit enter. A black screen will come up that is known as the command prompt. Type in ipconfig just like that and you will see this screen.

The text circled in red is your routers web page. Type this webpage into your browser. Note: Typing in the Default gateway IP Address into your internet browser will also work.

Since I have a 2wire router this is the webpage I get sent to. If you have a Netgear or other router you should be able to follow similar steps. Click on the firewall icon that is circled red

We're almost done!

Click on firewall settings and now we can finally start forwarding ports.

Note:Clicking on firewall settings will ask you for a password. This should have been given to you when your internet was setup, if you don't know it ask your parents or whoever may know it you need it to get past this point.

there's a lot on this page but nothing to worry about. The first circle ( area that is blacked out) Select your computer from that list, usually it will say your name. Click on the second circle, add a user defined application to proceed to the next page.

Your going to want to follow everything in the picture the name of the application does not matter. Select TCP and enter the port 27960. Once this is done hit add definition. The same page will come up again but it will be blank. This time select UDP and enter the same port 27960 just like you did before and then hit add definition. It should look like this.

Click back to go back to the firewall settings page.

Now all you have to do is find your added definition in the games list click add to add it to your hosted applications, click done and then your finished! Now if people couldn't join your server before they can now.

If your still reading this hopefully you now have a fully working dedicated server. Wink

EDIT: As I now have a netgear router here is a quick guide to setting up your netgear router for port forwarding. Much simpler then the 2wire.

Simply follow all 5 steps in the picture you enter the ip address entered in the web browser then YOU WILL be prompted for a username and password if you have not changed it from stock it is username: admin password:password. Enter that and you will see a screen, to the left side of the screen you will see the highlighted port forward option click it and you will be taken to the page in the screenshot. Enter the same data I have you can name it whatever you want, it doesn't matter, port is 27960 protocol both as in the picture.

Now finding out your local network ip address is a little trickier but not really. You simply navigate to network connections in your computer ( right clicking the internet icon in your taskbar and hit network connections or search for it on your computer ) Then as I have done highlight the network connection you are using. I am connected to my router by an ethernet cable so I clicked Local Area Network. If you are connecting wirelessly then highlight Wireless network connection or whatever it is called on your computer. The IP address listed here is the one you want.

Another way of finding your local ip address is to do the following, Start>control panel>network connections>right click LAN connection>properties>check both boxes that say show when connected show when no connectivity. The internet icon that looks like a monitor should appear in your toolbar double click it , go to the support tab and your local IP address is there it is the IP address NOT the default gateway or subnet mask. Enter the last 2 digits in the area provided in the netgear router page. Hit add and your done!

Djsonic View user's profile Send private message

WOW that's COOL MAN, I SAW ONE OF THAT FROM MANY YEARS AGO.

Thank you, and I wasn't aware there was a tutorial sitting around anywhere, just been getting asked how to setup a server in PM's or see posts on the forums. Hopefully this should point people in the right direction.

JadenKorn Totally Explicit View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, August 04, 2010

That is one of the most comprehensive guides I've seen since a while now. Very Happy
I will post out the Linux version's dedicated server set up guide once when the next build will be released.
However, there will be a different .exe / .i386 file that will handle only the dedicated part. Nothing else, like graphics subsystem, window management, sound, and many more.. Just a console window and that's all. Looks similar to Source Dedicated Server software (srcds.exe).
But I'll leave the surprise for a bit later Razz

Well, the console one will be more for the tech-savvy one, but I personally find operating on the console variant much easier than with the graphical counterpart, once you'll master the commands Razz

SG_SSJ View user's profile Send private message

Good Guide...but I don't know why...I don't need to make the firewall part.

SonGoku Super Saiyan wrote : Good Guide...but I don't know why...I don't need to make the firewall part.

Yeah not everyone does but I just included it in there for those it happens to apply to.

GogetaAF View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How I should leave the window?? Sad Sad

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

Konan View user's profile Send private message

that's only for router users Very Happy I think modem net better, no need port forwarding..

dantebowen View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, February 05, 2011

I doesn't work for me

ProxxHound View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, May 28, 2011

for some reason it says it can't find my url and sends me to a google search page thing >.< whenever I typed my gateway default thing into my browser and the thing circled in the red bubble

VeGoku View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, August 08, 2011

I don't know why, but I created server, and opened ZEQ2 again to enter the server, but he is not on the internet server list. Then I checked local server list and there he was.. It was not dedicated to LAN.. by the way can someone help me about Hamachi server, if it is possible.. I am trying to go with my friend on server where I can teach him and go just 1v1..

finalsaiyan View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, February 20, 2012

not working on me can someone help me Confused

DBZmasabsuperf View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, May 03, 2012

I did that but no one can join!why?

vegeta183 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, March 18, 2013

slam IT. IT won't WORK NOW AM NEVER GOING TO have people join F*** Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad

Richma View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, March 19, 2013

You guys need to forward your port
find out what is your Default gateway adress

You can do that by going to START/SEARCH (WIN7 USERS) START/RUN (WINXP USERS) type this in your search/run bar:

cmd

Then a black windows will show up and then type this:

ipconfig

Find your Default gateway and copy that adress in your browser you'll need a username and password to enter and you should have that if not call your network operaton to find out what is your username and password after you 've done that follow the steps that are shown above and it'll work maybe people won't join when you start server but wait and you'll see if you need more help I'm here Smile

goran5maj View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, March 31, 2013

Can I choose how much people can enter that server?and can I put pass on server?

Reply with quote Sunday, March 31, 2013

goran5maj wrote : Can I choose how much people can enter that server?and can I put pass on server?

for making max slots on your server type:

/sv_maxclients "number of peopel"

example

/sv_maxclients "12"

to set a password on server enter in server console:

/g_password

example

/g_password goran

hope this was helpful

maltrane View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, April 28, 2013

hi can anyone help me with a tutorial for the mac version setup, I did everything and created my own but people don't join me, and when I look up for my own server it isn't in the internet list, its only in the Local list. PLEASE help,

thanks!

Reply with quote Sunday, April 28, 2013

Everything is explained above log in your default gateway and forward your port and use your IP to make a server, your server will always show up in LOCAL for you for to other people it will show in INTERNET of course if it works properly

Colorguy166 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, May 25, 2013

How do I add a password or how can I admin myself? Confused

Reply with quote Sunday, May 26, 2013

I posted an answer to you in the previous thread you comment so go check it out

mohammad ashraf View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, June 26, 2013

my ZEQ2 is thourogh firewall and my server not work and the way have asisdead did is very hard and I can,t find the website Sad Sad

{}BardockZ View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, June 26, 2013

mohammad ashraf wrote : my ZEQ2 is thourogh firewall and my server not work and the way have asisdead did is very hard and I can,t find the website Sad Sad

Its all fiddle sticks because you need static ip or you need to port forward and if you have Internet Service Provider then you gotta get VPS it all involves money unless you have a good static ip...

DEATHSTAR 183 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, July 06, 2013

Jammin' Jelly Jacob there is a way:
1.go to network and sharing center.
2.see the index under you're network it must be home (private) or be public -set it to public.
3.and than at left side of network and sharing center you see change advanced sharing settings click on it..
4 after clicking on it do the network discovery (on) and save settings....
5.now go to windows firewall than at left side click on allow a program through windows firewall and than just tick on public on ZEQ2.exe and than press okay..........
and you have been done!!!!!

1, 2, 3, 4  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]