Content

<<  1, 2, 3  >>

Forum Filter

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, August 18, 2010

That's easy. But what I mean is, how can the people have a normal conversation, or bring new members here if we have such a no sensical filter? Some *** or synonymous of the filtered words would be nicer than: Dance with me or Super Mega Ultra Mega Hyper Xtreme (times two)...

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

I agree with esfr but majindave got a point we need to stop cursing Razz but I also agree with esfr that Super Mega Ultra Mega Hyper Xtreme (times two) and some other word filters are use less only the cursing one should be on , even lloyd is filtered
-_-

let me try some Razz

pork offal meatball , safety vault , Richard , coin collection , rooster , testicals , balls , bank , rectum , buttocks , puppy , dog , ill-mannered buffoon , jolly clown , ticklish

*Laughing my loving butt off* the river is filtered into bank *Laughing my loving butt off* and garage into safty vault *Laughing my loving butt off* Laughing Laughing

^

All those examples that najeeb said could be replaced by *** or words with similar meaning. Easier, nicer, easier to understand and new people won't run away scared *laughing out loud*

they are only 1% of my true word bank *intense laughter* and esfr I 100% agree like output could be replaced by stick

and agglutinative maximus by saltywater Razz

Konan View user's profile Send private message

And what if you say: I drinked saltywater? *intense laughter*

You're one heck of a good fisherman Very Happy

EDIT: Now I can't say ho*rapid acceleration? what's wrong with that? IT'S NOT EVEN AN INSULT!

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Again, it's simple.

DON'T SWEAR.

It's not like it changes the word "blue" into "red" or something. There's always a bit of sense behind them.

All the people who notice the word filter, should check their attitude. No need to sound derogatory towards fellow human beings. Only the most braindead deserve that kind of treatment. Wink (like people who say swearing, is talking like a normal person)

boris View user's profile Send private message

It's not like it changes the word "blue" into "red" or something. There's always a bit of sense behind them.

NOT! if we promise we won't swear, can you remove the filter please Wink

boris wrote :

There will be spammers, no doubt about it, completely remove it is a bad idea letting everyone post whatever they want (and that will happen if they remove it).

Damaera View user's profile Send private message

Honestly the only word that I feel should be uncensored is "gooey insides".

boris wrote :

Then why remove the filter if "we promise not to swear"?

Reply with quote Thursday, August 19, 2010

Damaera wrote : Honestly the only word that I feel should be uncensored is "gooey insides".

What about "Super Mega Ultra Mega Hyper Xtreme (times two)", "*intense laughter*" and "*laughing out loud*"?

and *Laughing my loving butt off* , lloyd too

Domo-Kun View user's profile Send private message

najeeb wrote : and *Laughing my loving buttocks off* , lloyd too

NO ITS HILARIOUS WHEN THEY FILTER LLOYD!

MDave ZEQ2-lite Ninja View user's profile Send private message

The reason we don't use *** in place of a filtered word is because people still understand the meaning (they can fill the blanks in their mind).

So we replace the words with humorous opposites or friendly words that can mean the same sort of thing.

Not only is this funny, but it also further discourages foul language.

If you disagree with all this, then don't use the forums / get a sense of humour / be a gentleman. Cool

well I got to admit that some words filters are funny like pork offal meatball , but Super Mega Ultra Mega Hyper Xtreme (times two) is of no use

Domo-Kun View user's profile Send private message

najeeb wrote : well I got to admit that some words filters are funny like pork offal meatball , but Super Mega Ultra Mega Hyper Xtreme (times two) is of no use

BUT that's FUNNY TOO! IT SHOWS THE NONSENSICAL AND OVERPOWEREDNESS (<----not a real word *intense laughter*) OF DRAGONBALL April Fools!

MDave wrote : The reason we don't use *** in place of a filtered word is because people still understand the meaning (they can fill the blanks in their mind).

So we replace the words with humorous opposites or friendly words that can mean the same sort of thing.

If you disagree with all this, then don't use the forums / get a sense of humour / be a gentleman. Cool

You still don't explain why Super Mega Ultra Mega Hyper Xtreme (times two), lloyd, *intense laughter* or one heck of a good fisherman are filtered.

void View user's profile Send private message

ESFER25 wrote : one heck of a good fisherman are filtered.

Haha what's the original for that one? Very Happy

boris View user's profile Send private message

I love you in the buttocks guys Wink

TheXenon View user's profile Send private message

MDave wrote :

ESFER25 wrote : But can't it make sense, we can't talk like getlemen with those nosensical words :s

It only censors swear, negative or derogatory words, all the words people try to use to get around the filter, and anything else that doesn't belong here.

See. None of my words were filtered!

Ehhh. You also filter a lot of abbreviations which aren't negative nor derogatory.

MDave wrote : The reason we don't use *** in place of a filtered word is because people still understand the meaning (they can fill the blanks in their mind).

If that's true then the same can be said for some of the words you choose to replace. Like love, everyone knows what I just said because it's been filtered for so long. It's basically just slang now.

The word filter is kind of flawed that way.

MDave ZEQ2-lite Ninja View user's profile Send private message

ESFER25 wrote :

You still don't explain why Super Mega Ultra Mega Hyper Xtreme (times two), lloyd, *intense laughter* or one heck of a good fisherman are filtered.

Well, since DGBT never happened, we joke about those other ridiculous unnecessary transformations Smile They are therefore some of the words that join the joke group of word censoring.

TheXenon wrote :

MDave wrote :

ESFER25 wrote : But can't it make sense, we can't talk like getlemen with those nosensical words :s

It only censors swear, negative or derogatory words, all the words people try to use to get around the filter, and anything else that doesn't belong here.

See. None of my words were filtered!

Ehhh. You also filter a lot of abbreviations which aren't negative nor derogatory.

Well look at that! We make the forum do the work lazy posters don't do, which is to say the full thing properly! Laughing

TheXenon wrote :

If that's true then the same can be said for some of the words you choose to replace. Like love, everyone knows what I just said because it's been filtered for so long. It's basically just slang now.

The word filter is kind of flawed that way.

That may be true to those that have been here long enough, but its something new people still have to go through learning to speak the ways of the forum Cool

Zaneo View user's profile Send private message

*laughing out loud* the word filter is lacking in identifiable function, those who like using unpolite words can still do so no sweat example: garage
automobile the river extreme racing offroad.adventure

oohh just gotta test this one:

ice cream moment

HAHA forgot that one ! X.D

TheXenon View user's profile Send private message

@MDaveUK I wasn't talking about just those, I was talking about abbreviations in general like Dragon Ball Online, Warcraft 3, Half-Life, Dragon Ball Z and *laughing out loud* for example.

TRL View user's profile Send private message

How is spelling out abbreviations a problem?

Some new members might not be familiar with all the internet lingo that goes around.

Like:

I.M.H.O. in my honest opinion
are.O.F.L. *rolling on floor laughing*
L.M.far awayO. *Laughing my loving butt off*

Just makes everything easy to understand for young rascals who are not so inducted into the internet yet.

Edit: Only the letter substitutions I find discomforting. Wink

Reply with quote Friday, August 20, 2010

Zaneo wrote : *laughing out loud* the word filter is lacking in identifiable function, those who like using unpolite words can still do so no sweat example: garage
automobile the river extreme racing offroad.adventure

oohh just gotta test this one:

ice cream moment

HAHA forgot that one ! X.D

>.> now he knows ice cream moment is not filtered

<<  1, 2, 3  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]