1, 2, 3, 4  >>

Modeling/Editing resources

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Standard + Goku animations.

Mjuksel Your Past View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, May 24, 2010

Hi all,

to encourage some more people on making maps we had the idea to make a special topic for resources useful for mapping Smile

first off 2 threads, 1 by MDave with a 3ds/radiant setup tutorial
http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1271

then my topic for making islands/3D stuff
http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2021

video by Baldwin
http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1721

this topic is not for posting, just for reading or adding stuff like textures/3D models so NO REGULAR POSTING!!

next to the water image, I posted a text file that is the shader for the water (else it will be solid)

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, May 24, 2010

Awesome helpful thread! I'll start right away! Smile

Nemix View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, May 30, 2010

Helpful textures and resources for mappers. Wink

void View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, June 02, 2010

When you're making a flat color texture, it should have a size of 1x1 and be in png or tga format.

Everything else is a waste of video ram, especially if the shader used doesn't disable mipmapping etc.

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Thank you for the tip Void , I will certianlly keep that in mind. Smile

najeeb wrote : I will post 2 new textures daiy Smile

Don't. These textures anyone can find on the net. Plus are utterly lacking in identifiable function for the style.

Reply with quote Thursday, June 03, 2010

the water is dbzish

najeeb wrote : I am not following any one style , plus the water is dbzish

Then they are lacking in identifiable function for zeq2lite if you don't follow the ZEQ2 lite style.

The water is a fricken color!

Baldwin Lost Soul View user's profile Send private message

najeeb wrote : okay updated mju"s hilltexure and a new hill model availible in atachment, I will frequently post new good hill models Smile , I hope I can contribute to new mappers as much as I can , but don't get spoiled , do try your self too Wink

The cliff needs something else hills aren't naturally slat, people say this a lot in the forum but yet noone listens but, use the niose modifier on the TOP part of it and play with the setting, by then we would want a kind of a slopish thing.

*laughing out loud* it's not flat Baldwin test it Wink

Anyone can make that. You're clogging up the thread for no reason. This didn't get stickied so we can see you ruin it with this bullcrap.

If you want to get things stickied you go through me. I will be the judge if it's worth it.

TRL wrote : Anyone can make that. You're clogging up the thread for no reason. This didn't get stickied so we can see you ruin it with this bullcrap.

If you want to get things stickied you go through me. I will be the judge if it's worth it.

it was for the people who can't use 3ds at all , if its that bad why don't you make it for people?

edit : what the heck you deleted my posts

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

You have no right to make that decision, TRL. Everyone is equal and free to explore creativity and advancement on these forums in ANY way. Additionally, you have been warned multiple times about being helpful and supportive to ALL those who wish to improve themselves or the environment around them in some way.

Moderator status temporarily suspended.

Reply with quote Friday, June 04, 2010

Whatever, he can do that in his own threads. This sticky is for decent material only. His grass texture is 256x256 with only the color green on it for crying out loud. I suggest you ask me for my reasons too before jumping to preliminary conclusions and actions.

okay guys hehre are some of the textures , some are mine and others are colected from the forum so that you have no difficulty finding them Smile. for for example : Namek grass , sky ,water , desertduel hill texture , city building textures anda better grass .

http://img401.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=grasste.jpg

ENJOY.

najeeb wrote : okay guys hehre are some of the textures , some are mine and others are colected from the forum so that you have no difficulty finding them Smile. for for example : Namek grass , sky ,water , desertduel hill texture , city building textures anda better grass .

http://img401.imageshack.us/gal.php?gee=grasste.jpg

ENJOY.

Go love yourself najeeb.

You're not helping anyone and no one wants to use any of the textures or models you make. This is all just an outcry for attention. And frankly I'm sick of it.

I dare you not to edit you're post , let Brad see this you jolly clown. and no it isn't for attention , unlike you I want to contribute

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

It's weird but I agree with TRL Rolling Eyes

Baldwin Lost Soul View user's profile Send private message

Hey guys, I though I'd help out the thread a bit. Here's an island which I created using 3DSMAX of course you may use it, study it do what ever you want to it, after you download it its offically yourself:) HAVE FUN!!, enjoy.

NOTE:More objects will be posted every day or so depending on how I feel Very Happy once again ENJOY!! : p

Link for download is below

The poly count of this island is aprox. 1003 poly.

Shader part.

Watch and do as I say.

When your naming your materials in the material browser in 3ds max by pressing "m" you HAVE to name your materials the same as your shader. Look at the Cliff shader below if your material file is called Cliff then that should be there:). NetRadiant is cap sensitive then using shaders, IF you name your material "cliff", Netradiant won't read it, it has to be 100 percent Accurate to your shader names. :p

Cliff
{
qer_editorimage maps/IslandCity/Cliff.png
{
map maps/IslandCity/Cliff.png
}
}
grasstexture
{
qer_editorimage maps/IslandCity/grasstexture.jpg
{
map maps/IslandCity/grasstexture.jpg
}
}

That shader above is the one I am using for the island which you guys are going to download. Now my directory for the texture is "maps/IslandCity/grasstexture.jpg" you guys don't have to use the same directoy, if you do so then Radiant wouldve be able to find it. Well of course it will work if you create a folder called IslandCity. But try out your own directory it feels much better doing creating things of your own ^_^ so if your folder in the MAP folder is called "LandScape" you should have the following "maps/LandScape/grasstexture.jpg" same goes for the "qer_editorimage". Secondly "qer_editorimage" is ONLY for the textures to be shown in NetRadiant it means nothing even when your ingame, NOTHING!!! : p. Anyhow, what is more important is the shader stage. The shader stage where Radiant will find the Accual texture for the object. You can add MORE stages to the shader. You can reference one in the Ratizlanding shader.

This is what a shader stage look like--
{
map maps/IslandCity/grasstexture.jpg
}

I hope this helps you. Another thing when your saving your shader save it as .shader. Last thing then I'm gone, ALL and I repeat ALL texture are to be in the MAPS folder no texture folder fiddle sticks, ALL IN THE MAPS FOLDER especially if you trying to contribute. One of the ZEQ2's guildness are, shader must have Simple names not the path.

Ex.

maps/IslandCity/Cliff
{
{
}
}

That is wrong.

Cliff
{
{
}
}

That is correct. Please follow these guildlines. Thanks for reading.

Nice!! Thanks I finally understand the shadr part thanks!! , badlwin it can't be opend with 3ds 2009 or lower , only with 3ds2010 , get it to md3 or acsii or obj format so that any one can import it in any 3ds version

dbzfan123 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I just started but sure!

Reply with quote Friday, July 23, 2010

*Update

2 new models

now start mapping kids!

Reply with quote Saturday, September 04, 2010

I'm starting this thing up. For all you aspiring developers out there. This is the place to start!

Download a model, download a texture. Move a vertex, move a pixel. Et voila, you're shooting for the stars...

If anyone could collect all of Lfs/Ramunas models and post them in here that would be great.

I'm releasing these very old models, so people can see how skills gradually build and no one is instantly great. So bare with me on these awfully low poly and one UVW models. They are just examples. Wink

broly3110 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, September 04, 2010

Awesome!They work in game so I can see the textures for example?

1, 2, 3, 4  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]