najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, September 27, 2010

november 1st

Laguna|DaGGeR View user's profile Send private message

27 september - 31 september

boris View user's profile Send private message

they won't release, they will keep it for themselfes and tease us with screenshots

Malek View user's profile Send private message

Hahahaha, just stop making these lacking in identifiable function threads it will be released WHEN IT'S DONE.
Stop bothering developers with such threads, and such posts like boris's or Shane.
Keep in mind they are currently improving the GLSL and ioquake3 coding (thanks to JadenKorn and Void)
Also they need much more time than two or three monthes to make a full and nearly bug-free Public Beta 2.
Have patience that's all... Smile

Laguna|DaGGeR View user's profile Send private message

Malek wrote : Hahahaha, just stop making these lacking in identifiable function threads it will be released WHEN IT'S DONE.
Stop bothering developers with such threads, and such posts like boris's or Shane.
Keep in mind they are currently improving the GLSL and ioquake3 coding (thanks to JadenKorn and Void)
Also they need much more time than two or three monthes to make a full and nearly bug-free Public Beta 2.
Have patience that's all... Smile

2 or 3 months? I'm waiting now more then 1 year Laughing Laughing Laughing

Malek View user's profile Send private message

Dagger I meant that the wait from this day won't be three or four monthes only but more, I'm waiting till 1 year too and now I'm not waiting anymore because I understood they need time , they have lifes like us... so I'm doing something else waiting for news...

boris View user's profile Send private message

I don't like the idea that they have lifes :/

RealDeal View user's profile Send private message

Whose the freaking ill-mannered buffoon who said it will release in september Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

RealDeal wrote : Whose the freaking ill-mannered buffoon who said it will release in september Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

It was Domitjen, you deserve to die RealDeal!!!11!212"!34!over9000!12

Anyway, I think he said:

"If everything goes fine it will be released about September."

I'm not 100% sure, but I think he did.

Raging-Blast View user's profile Send private message

ESFER25 wrote :

RealDeal wrote : Whose the freaking ill-mannered buffoon who said it will release in september Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

It was Domitjen, you deserve to die RealDeal!!!11!212"!34!over9000!12

Anyway, I think he said:

"If everything goes fine it will be released about September."

I'm not 100% sure, but I think he did.

I think it was around september but
Who cares? *intense laughter*
yeah he said something like that
so...september ends in 4 days Razz

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Ramunas = left
niels = not interested because Ramunas left
alex = not here for almost a year
majin Dave = busy with life
Brad = too busy with other work
void = not seen for months

all of this = release on 1st january 2011

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

I really expected this. I mean, it would be released after september and people would compain. Anyway, why this haste? Public Beta 1 is fine, Public Beta 2 will come, don't be impatient Smile

Raging-Blast View user's profile Send private message

ESFER25 wrote : I really expected this. I mean, it would be released after september and people would compain. Anyway, why this haste? Public Beta 1 is fine, Public Beta 2 will come, don't be impatient Smile

I hope it will...
I'm working on some of the old models...good some of them are rigged so I can use the Goku animations.bip file to get them ingame... or I can re animate them with my own animations

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

To correct your analyzation, Najeeb :

Ramunas = Part of the Zios project team. Never EVER worked on ZEQ2 (or ZEQ2-lite) and never really had interest in the project aside from contributing a few of his older works to the community that he did during his DBSource days.

Alex = Working on an XNA project and handling personal clients. Not a part of ZEQ2-lite as much as interested in using the engine/gamecode base as a foundation for his other project NNDlite. Mainly just enhanced the engine.

Void = Landed a job as at his country's version of a homeland security / department of defense position. Like Alex, his efforts were mainly contributory towards helping to improve the engine itself for usage in NNDlite and not so much actual ZEQ2-lite gamecode.

Niels = Is interested, but just started college and has zero computer access unless he breaks into a lab in the middle of the night by paying off a janitor .

As for Dave and myself, I'm disappointed to have to be a broken record here, but people just still don't seem to be understanding the nature of this project. Dave and I spent the summer of '09 in pulling together and sprucing up the old Quake 3 builds/content specifically so we could throw it out to the public and be done with it. Done. Complete. No more.

There was never any goal to do anything beyond that since the active development team for the Quake 3 ZEQ2 moved on to other things YEARS before that summer even. Instead, the idea was that with all assets and code available to them, fans and the public in general could continue the concept in their own way (as they have been to some extent).

The very concept of "Public Beta 2" is a fan-driven one and so far several die-hards have already stepped up and tossed in lots of good bits. Alex and Void (two talented programmers) donated quite a bit of code concerning a new mesh format and other significant engine changes. JadenKorn has contributed numerable code modifications and fixes (as well as making the game cross-platform portable to Linux/Mac) alongside setting up a dedicated server platform and fixing the server browser. TRL has made plenty of texture changes/enhancements, contributed a couple models, and continues to provide aesthetic boosts wherever possible. Baldwin (along with others) is on his way to taking some of the older ZEQ2 maps (such as Kami Palace, Roshi House, Cell Games, etc.) and porting them through radiant into ZEQ2-lite. Mastap is on his way to animating many of the newer models that need it alongside adding proper vertex animations for expressions, hair movement, fold movement, etc. Domitjen has taken up residency as a fulltime forum moderator and operator of IRC.

There are many more at hand that have given effort to the cause. So just for proper measure, understand that ZEQ2-lite (no development team) is the fan-driven version of ZEQ2 (had a development team) and always has been since day 1. There's always plenty of room for growth and improvement as ANYONE can literally become involved and has been encouraged to on the blog/forums several times.

All it takes is a quick thread about it or a pop into IRC for some live discussion with the active contributors to play your part.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]