Content

Colors don't seem to match

Japieja Beard with a Conscious View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, September 11, 2009

Hey Guys,

While this is not my first post, I'd still like to say its great to see ZEQ2 was still up and running in a way behind the scenes!

But I have 2 questions, one related to the screenshots I see on the mainpage and 2 just a question of personal preference.

No 1 is:
When I play in the Landing map the grass is,... very dark green while its normal green/light greenish on the screenshots on the website. Do I have any of my options wrong? Razz

No 2 is:
While playing I find it very discomforting that the camera is so close behind the character. Delayed behind character makes it a bit more barable for me, but still when charging attacks its back the close behind character-way.
Is there a way with console commands to move the camera back more, so I can actually see who I'm aiming at with attacks instead of having to guess my cursor is aiming at my target cause I only see the back of my character blocking my cursors view? Very Happy

Anyhows, once again. Great to see this thing still up after all these years. I still checked the main ZEQ2 website from time to time hoping something would come up..
And it did!

Very Awesomeness!

Newfolder View user's profile Send private message

About 2nd... in-game -> ESC -> Option -> Camera Options
About 1st... Hmm I don't know :p

Ah yes, great thanks about the camera.

When I quit and started it up again for some online stuff after figuring things out I noticed it didn't save my system options like resolution and stuff like that >_<
Me being a uninformed participator again or is that normal? Razz

Newfolder View user's profile Send private message

Firstly try to uncheck 'read-only' (whole folder).
Then if it's not working try to setup everything while having game in window (not full screen). I have the same problem... I have resolution 1280x960 and every time I play the game it reverts to 1024x768 but when I click Alt+Enter (so it goes back to window) it goes back to 1280x960 and then I click 2nd time alt+enter and everything is cool :p

It's strange, I don't know why it works that way...

Reply with quote Saturday, September 12, 2009

Oh just a head's up on the strange colored grass..

It happens when I change my options to Vertex, instead of Lightmap..
Lightmap gives crappy lightblending though Razz

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, September 12, 2009

Vertex lighting shouldn't even function at all. It's really an older method that just applies the colors to the vertex data itself (I.e : it'll look quite wrong).

Real Quake 3 Lightmaps are not used, but using this setting prevents anything the poor vertex lighting results.

What are the strange results that you're getting from the lightmap setting. Screenshot, perhaps?

Reply with quote Sunday, September 20, 2009

To answer you're question and to ask another lacking question which I can't seem to figure out.

1. it's not weird things that happen in lightmap, its just I'm not a fan of the sharp shadows and stuff.. I like it when lighting blends into darker, int shadow on objects and the bodys.
Nothing wrong with the lightmap, its just personal preference.
I'm sticking to lightmap thought cause of the weird groundcolors in vertex.

2. ZEQ2 still isn't saving my options, from name to resolution and stuff.. and I can fix the graphicall issues through alt+entering in and out of windowed mode, saving my online name (or playername) would be nice too otherwise I have to set it over and over again everytime I start up. Is there a way to fix that?

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, September 20, 2009

It's fixed in Public Beta 2. The reason is because the program is bootstrapped as a mod by a dummy ui.qvm in ZEQ2. The only sure-fire way to fix it right now is for you to merge those two folders (Cut the contents of ZEQ2Contents and overwrite ZEQ2)

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]