Content

Game will not Start

Dex View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, September 11, 2009

I'm having a hard time staring this game.I get it to work after hitting the start icon for more then 5 or 6 times,and I downloaded Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package and still nothing.
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong,or is every one else experiencing this same problem Question

Postscript.I am using Vista SP2 x64 version or that don't mater.

Forza Gerlacious View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, September 12, 2009

That's strange, haven't heard of anyone else having this problem. One suggestion is to try to run OpenArena on your system and see if the same thing occurs (since it uses the same engine).

Maybe the team members have another suggestion.

No this is the only game that does it.I'm trying to find what is causing it not to open the game.Maybe its SP2 on vista whta causing it.I bin hearing that a lot of people are having problems with Vista SP2,so I'm probably puting SP1 back and see if that works if not,then I got no idea how to Fix it.Maybe is because the game not stable?
I'm out of ideas.Can the person who is working on the Code for the game tell me something I don't know.

Tom ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

This doesn't help us much, what error are you getting?

It doesn't show any error that's the problem.The game opens, but it does not show anything its just transparent,it freezes,and you can see the Desktop.
I took a screenshot and that's all what happens when I open the game.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Try upgrading your drivers and making certain you have proper OpenGL support. Additionally, it may be worth looking into to adjust the the r_fullscreen value to 0 in your default.cfg and both zeq2config.cfg files (if they exist).

Additionally, this is NOT a bug. Also, please use the proper bug format when submitting actual bugs.

tensuke View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, September 13, 2009

Could it be that you installed the x86 package of Visual C++ Redistributable instead of x64?
I don't know if that would make any difference or not though, given that Zeq2Lite is 32-bit.

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

I only downloaded from moddb and it works *intense laughter*

okay Zeth thanks.I'm going to try to update the driver.ATI just released a the new driver,and I'm going to see if that works.
Sorry for puting this post at the wrong section,I thought it was a Bug with the system of the game. Embarassed
Again thanks for the help Smile

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]