Reply with quote Saturday, October 31, 2009

ZEQ2-Lite Razz
Or Earth Special Forces just for me...

mel "I'll Mop Your Face!" View user's profile Send private message

ZEQ2 kills both of them

Azurite Master William View user's profile Send private message

Not to upset anyone, but that's not what he asks.
So please stay on topic.

IDeas View user's profile Send private message

I think Earth Special Forces have better graphic but the bad think is you need Half-Life 1 and 1.3 is not finished yet,
the last version of Bid For Power is standalone

anyway ZEQ2-lite win's

dbzspriter View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, November 01, 2009

Earth Special Forces

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

Earth Special Forces ROCKS, its fun have a lot of characters and transformations and very good effects, and the people play it *intense laughter*.

Bid For Power HORRIBLE, it only have wird transformations when you kill somebody, and it just give you a sh*t of attack, and the effects and sounds alr all from Quake 3. I never enjoyed this game Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
Cool

Nemix View user's profile Send private message

My personal opinion:
-Bid For Power vacuums GREAT SUCCESS
-Earth Special Forces, Nice, easily customizable, many customizable shader
unique
-ZEQ2-Lite, nice, budokai-like graphics, different gameplay from Earth Special Forces

everything has its own thing that makes it shine
but serously Bid For Power vacuums *intense laughter*

Are you triyng write rules? *intense laughter*

Timothy View user's profile Send private message

Between the two I'd say Earth Special Forces, a lot more in depth as a game.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, November 02, 2009

I take comparisons to Budokai as a HUGE insult to ZEQ2-lite. Additionally, you all do know that ZEQ2 was originally based on Bid For Power and still is HIGHLY influenced by it's configuration style syntax, right?

TRL View user's profile Send private message

in my opinion Bid For Power is a lot older and stopped being worked on a long time ago. Earth Special Forces is still going. That's enough said. It would be a disgrace if Bid For Power was better.
I wouldn't say zeq2lite is better than Earth Special Forces just yet. Give it a couple years.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

"Better/Worse" is subjective opinion overall. Why don't you list the pros/cons in a list of both Bid For Power and Earth Special Forces to make an actual non-bias objective breakdown of technical capabilities, features, game style, aesthetics, etc.?

Alex Al Knows View user's profile Send private message

Is there really much point in comparing a mod which ceased development many years ago (discounting the fanhacks like English Bid for Power, etc. as they are, after all, the same mod just with addon characters, etc. slapped in) to a mod which is still deep in development?

It's like comparing, for example, Halo 1 to Rage. The former was a very very very successful FPS when it was released but it's quality is questioned by the so called "hardcore" fans while the latter is an FPS game which is still in development yet people are jizzing their pants over because of it'll be "very customisable, has amazing state of the art shaders and is totally unique!" See the similarities to this debate?

Bid For Power was abso-bloody-lutely awesome when it first came out (talking about RC1 & 2) and really did things a lot of people didn't think possible with a mod for Quake 3. It was the standard barer of it's time, just they made the mistake of buggering around in RC stage for too long and by the time it was "officially" released it was dated, the gameplay had been gimped from over-tweaking and it had since been supersceded by other mods.

Personally I've not played Earth Special Forces since one of the early betas they released and I was so unimpressed with it I didn't give it another look. It's certainly improved by leaps and bounds since, but back then it just felt like a ton of seperate Dragon Ball Z "features" were slung happlessly into Half Life with little consideration for how it all plays together.

TheXenon View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, November 03, 2009

I played both one day... one time.. I enjoyed earths special forces for a while because people actually played it then I tried bid for power I thought it would be more fun but no body played it so I stopped... neither game is actually good I guess I just have high standars compared to a lot of people but those graphics are absolute stuff... to me anyways

Zero EXE View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, November 03, 2009

I don't know I never played Earth Special Forces with big pack 8.4v and I played bid for power 1.2v and its fun playing with the computer 81 characters its really d*man fun but Earth Special Forces does have better models but I play bid for power more so yeah I say bid for power I really don't care about the graphic or models as long as its fun Very Happy .

Deathshot View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, November 04, 2009

can't really say which one is better til they both are finished and ready. But they both have great attributes and seems to both be pretty close to each other.

Reply with quote Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Zero EXE wrote : I don't know I never played Earth Special Forces with big pack 8.4v and I played bid for power 1.2v and its fun playing with the computer 81 characters its really d*man fun but Earth Special Forces does have better models but I play bid for power more so yeah I say bid for power I really don't care about the graphic or models as long as its fun Very Happy .

How can you say than Bid For Power is best if you never played Earth Special Forces with big pack 8.4 and, I suppose, other packs and unofficial players?! Evil or Very Mad

Reply with quote Thursday, November 05, 2009

Well I finally got Earth Special Forces with big pack 8.4 and ecx rc2 and I must say its pretty bad buttocks I will give my final verdict sorry this is my real one so here it is Earth Special Forces 8.8/10 bid for power 7/10 Earth Special Forces is a lot better just never played it with the upgrades Rolling Eyes I should better play both before I decide *laugh out loud* .

The-Kakarotto View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, November 06, 2009

I don't have Half Life so I can't get Earth Special Forces without being illegeal Sad

But, I might.

Kyle_Katarn View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, November 06, 2009

A challenger appears! I never played Bid For Power nor Earth Special Forces way back when, but what I did play was this, a TC of one of my favourite games (Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II), the mod is called Dragonball Z: The Destruction is Real.

Was awesome for a game as old as DF2.

Reply with quote Saturday, November 07, 2009

I just played evm and budokai Earth Special Forces and I give evm 7.8/10 its pretty disappointing but he** it was a fun game for about a couple of hours the orignal Earth Special Forces was better and budokai has worst models but its has more characters stages and more music too and its easier to transform and also after future yeah I don't want to say April Fools it will only spell out a word that I don't want to say Smile so I give it 8.5/10 yep big pack 8.4 still beats the cr** out of budokai and evm but they are still fun and budokai and evm are different addons of Earth Special Forces if you wanted info on them and no I'm not going to try out other versions of bid for power they are well bad games I tested version 4 and woah to believe they made the game actually bad I must say it my final verdict for last and Earth Special Forces can beat bid for power any day no anytime no offense to the bid for power likers and ZEQ2 lite can beat them both but we already knew that :p.

Azurite Master William View user's profile Send private message

Wow, no dots nor commas.
Anywho, April Fools' is what the acronym really stands for and not After Future.

The-Kakarotto wrote : I don't have Half Life so I can't get Earth Special Forces without being illegeal Sad

But, I might.

Well, you can get it illegal, there is people playing no-steam version *intense laughter*

Link: http://www.google.com/

*laughing out loud*

dbzspriter View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : in my opinion Bid For Power is a lot older and stopped being worked on a long time ago. Earth Special Forces is still going. that's enough said. It would be a disgrace if Bid For Power was better.
I wouldn't say zeq2lite is better than Earth Special Forces just yet. Give it a couple years.

wrong Bid For Power is not dead there have been recent updates and they are putting in Budokai Tenkaichi 3 style models

1, 2  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]