Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  >>

Chi Chi Revisit: Version 3 (Released)

Hogeta View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, April 17, 2011

Shenku wrote : No, this isn't dead, it's just on the back burner until I finish up some other stuff.

*Sorry to revive*
You were saying?

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, April 22, 2011

Hogeta wrote :

Shenku wrote : No, this isn't dead, it's just on the back burner until I finish up some other stuff.

*Sorry to revive*
You were saying?

Backburner = Slow cooking Hotdogs while I focus on cooking some steak.

In other words, I'm busy with more important stuff(School, work, more school) and can't dedicate substantial time to working on this... It will get done, just not any time in the imediate future.

RoganX Classy View user's profile Send private message

Take your time Shenku. Everyone should just accept that most people here also have real life's that need some attention.

RoganX wrote : Take your time Shenku. Everyone should just accept that most people here also have real life's that need some attention.

Oh SlowganX, it's been like... a year or more, so I just revive this thread to ask, and I think I do have a life.
(You wouldn't wanna hear the words coming out)

Hogeta wrote :

RoganX wrote : Take your time Shenku. Everyone should just accept that most people here also have real life's that need some attention.

Oh SlowganX, it's been like... a year or more, so I just revive this thread to ask, and I think I do have a life.
(You wouldn't wanna hear the words coming out)

Don't take it the wrong way, I wasn't saying you didn't have a life. I was just saying that Shenku also has a life and if he thinks that is more important that it is his own choice and he can finish it whenever he wants.

Don't take it the wrong way,

Oops, didn't read it properly

I was just saying that Shenku also has a life

Didn't say he didn't

If he thinks that is more important that it is his own choice

I really can't answer that

he can finish it whenever he wants.

Like you've never revived a thread,
And just stop the argument, Please release the model, so others (maybe me) can put it in-game.

Hogeta wrote :

Don't take it the wrong way,

Oops, didn't read it properly

I was just saying that Shenku also has a life

Didn't say he didn't

If he thinks that is more important that it is his own choice

I really can't answer that

he can finish it whenever he wants.

Like you've never revived a thread,
And just stop the argument, Please release the model, so others (maybe me) can put it in-game.

It's unlikely I would release it in an unfinished state, especially when my plans are to redo about 80% of what's been modeled so far, to improve poly flow, and create more accurate forms, once I get some free time that is.

In all honesty, this is fairly low on my priority list though, when held up against my other various projects for this game...

My current projects, and their priority:

Fixing Goku's hair and shader files(High Priority)
Videl and Saiyaman(Medium Priority)
Gotenks Fusion Pack(Medium/High Priority)
Garlic Jr. and Friends(Low Priority)
Chichi(Low Priority)
Goku's Landing: Namek Map(Low/Medium Priority)
East City Map(Medium Priority)
Misc. Tinkering(No Priority)

Most of the above listed projects are anywhere from 40% to 80% done, and some need to be started over on to increase quality for contribution purposes. My skills in 3D have gotten much better since I first started working on Videl(and subsequently Chichi, who used my Videl model as a base), compared to more recent models, such as Goten which I was working on a bit in February before I got swamped with work in school.

But as a general comparison:

Videl(Progress image rendered in May 2010):

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/Shenku85/videl-textured-001.jpg?t=1303524761

Versus Goten(Progress image rendered in February 2011):

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/Shenku85/render-006.jpg?t=1303524406[/img]

So, release trash, or redo it and make it better? Which would you guys prefer?

Reply with quote Saturday, April 23, 2011

Like I said, take your time and make it perfect. Most things that where released unfinished weren't picked up by most people anyway. Finishing it is better in my opinion.

Djosama View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wow shenku you've got a lot. I have to give you credit because you've already with that one post proved that you're not like the various other particpators who get your hopes up with an awesome character WIP and letting it die with no word of the reason. Seriously got a lot on you're plate... or table seeing as that is a lot of stuff.

Reply with quote Sunday, November 20, 2011

Bumping this thread so I can find it easier, since I'm working on it right now, and will be posting some updates over the next few days...

Unfortunately, I seem to have misplaced the file I was working with previously, so I had to redo the head model and face texture again... After much heavy editing to the version 1 model, I managed to get a fairly decent approximation for the face, in my opinion at least. I won't say it's perfect, but it's got promise...

The UV map and texture still needs some tweaks to look cleaner, and the jaw-line is still bugging me a bit, but it's getting there...

ssj6vegeta View user's profile Send private message

I cannot wait to punch her in the face...going around slapping people she is going to get it so bad

ssj6vegeta wrote : I cannot wait to punch her in the face...going around slapping people she is going to get it so bad

You can try... Wink

TRL View user's profile Send private message

That does look promising.

I would suggest making her eyes more visible from the side view, so stretch back the outward vertices.

I also feel that her eyes might be too narrow as a whole. And could be bigger.

The chin might be too pointy And I would move it up together with the rest of the jaw line closer to the mouth.

Her ears should be more visible from the front view and there's typical angle in the shape of her hair that you missed.

Some of the lines of the texture seem squiggly and blurry, why is that? I think it might be a uvw thing. Make sure you get the uvw almost exactly like the polies in the places you are adding lines and you use the maximum amount of uvw space you can for these details. Other parts of the face without details can have distorted uvw maps and can be tiny.

Which chichi are you going for here? End dragoball or beginning of Dragon Ball Z?

LegendarySS4 View user's profile Send private message

@TRL- seems like Start of Dragon Ball Z.

Linkxp500 View user's profile Send private message

LegendarySS4 wrote : @TRL- seems like Start of Dragon Ball Z.

Not that my opinion matters, but I'd prefer the end of Dragon Ball.

But it does seem to be the beginning of Dragon Ball Z.

TRL wrote :
I would suggest making her eyes more visible from the side view, so stretch back the outward vertices.

I did have them stretched back a bit more to begin with, but it didn't look right, so I pulled them forward. Perhaps I pulled them forward too far...

I also feel that her eyes might be too narrow as a whole. And could be bigger.

I agree, I'll see what I can do to adjust them.

The chin might be too pointy And I would move it up together with the rest of the jaw line closer to the mouth.

I adjusted the chin/jaw-line a bit more last night before I went to bed, and it looks closer, but it's still slightly off... I'll see if I can't nail it today... Capturing that whole cheek/jaw/chin shape accurately is proving to be a pain in the rear due to how it appears to change shape depending on the angle you're looking at her face from in the anime... I've found that the outer-most point of her jaw/cheek seems to line up with, or come just below her mouth, so I've been trying to get it to match that as close as I could without it looking awkward...

Her ears should be more visible from the front view and there's typical angle in the shape of her hair that you missed.

Not completely sure what angle you're referring to for the hair, but I'll go study my references a bit more, and maybe gather up a few new ones to see if I can fix it up...(I haven't edited the hair yet from the previous version, been focusing mainly on the face. Everything else is largely untouched...) I'll see if I can adjust the ears too.

Some of the lines of the texture seem squiggly and blurry, why is that? I think it might be a uvw thing. Make sure you get the uvw almost exactly like the polies in the places you are adding lines and you use the maximum amount of uvw space you can for these details. Other parts of the face without details can have distorted uvw maps and can be tiny.

That's my fault, as I didn't use my pen tablet to make the texture, I used a mouse, polygonal select, and used the "stroke selection" tool to get the majority of the line-work done for the eyes. I'm going to redraw it properly soonish, but it's just a place holder for now.(It also doesn't help that the eyes themselves are drawn at too low of a resolution, so pixelation is an issue currently...) The UV map is pretty close for the moment, but I'm going to end up redoing big chunks of it to smooth it out and allow for higher resolution to specific details, such as the eyes.

Which chichi are you going for here? End dragoball or beginning of Dragon Ball Z?

Aiming for somewhere around mid-Saiyan Saga to mid-Namek/Frieza Saga(possibly into the Garlic Jr. Saga), so basically the beginning half of Dragonball Z.

Made some adjustments... I think the hair-bun is still slightly off, but I'll see if I can tweak it some more after I finish with the face...

Domo-Kun View user's profile Send private message

Looking good so far

JayREEZY View user's profile Send private message

The chin needs to be brought backwards some, and remember that Chi-Chi's face is shaped a lot like young Gohan's on the anime.

TRL View user's profile Send private message

That's looking better and better. Good job.

Here's a good height chart for chichi and videl relative to other characters.

And here are the blanks that Jay left.

That's all I could find of model sheets. I can get you some more manga refs too obviously. And anime refs you know how to get yourself.

by the way I find some model sheets for videl in the process. Are you still interested for perhaps a second version?

Reply with quote Monday, November 21, 2011

TRL wrote : That's looking better and better. Good job.

Thanks, I hope to get this to be much closer in accuracy than I had gotten with Videl... And the height chart may prove useful as well, so thanks. Smile

That's all I could find of model sheets. I can get you some more manga refs too obviously. And anime refs you know how to get yourself.

by the way I find some model sheets for videl in the process. Are you still interested for perhaps a second version?

Any decent refs could be helpful, and would be much appreciated. The random google searches I've done seem to pull up too many of either Dragonball Evolution bologna or random fan art...

And yes, I could definitely use some more refs for Videl, since I do plan on revisiting her to try and get her up to SVN quality if at all possible. There's just something about her face that still bugs me with the current version, and I have to get it fixed before I'll be happy...

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

great shenku !!!you are Saiyan Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

If Mima (or anyone) gathers a few face references for Chichi from the series, I can help you improve that area with a split view comparison (and show how to construct the process).

Reply with quote Friday, December 02, 2011

Some updates. Started working on this again this morning, and finished working on the head for the most part, so I put together a fair approximation for the body and am just about finished with it. The body still needs some tweaks, and isn't UV mapped yet, but it's getting there...

Reply with quote Friday, December 02, 2011

I think the head is a tad small. And you made her skin a bit palid. But I guess that's the render...

Keep up the good work!

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]