Content

Quick Question

Kai View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, October 31, 2009

okay So I've been working on Bardock, as my first model as an edit of Goku's Face with some Texture Changes, Raditz armour and his scouter and some texutre changes too.
Question is though when I added the scouter I used a material and named it [scouter] and another [glass]
so I assign scouter to scouter(from Raditz head) and [glass] to glass from Raditz textures.
I export it everything is okay but in game the Model's Scouter is Black with White parts depents where the Sun is.
What did I do wrong?
by the way I'm using milkshape and I don't know it fully but I'm using some knowledge I have from 3ds max.
Second question how do I make animations, just a simple guide would be nice I learn fast Very HappyVery Happy:
~Thanks

Lonno View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, October 31, 2009

the materals and material names in milkshape don't actually effect the texture in game...all you want to worry about is the objects name...then you control which texture it has through the .skin file in the players folder...you can open that with notepad.

Reply with quote Sunday, November 01, 2009

so it would be something like
Head,[Picture name]
ScouterGlass,[Picture Name]
or am I doing something wrong Very Happy?

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Not necessarily the "picture" name. You can either specify the object's path to a single image or a shader name. For instance, here's Goku's lower model skin file to with a direct path to the texture file.

gokuLower,players/Goku/gokuLegs.jpg
tag_torso,

Specifying the actual texture path is NOT recommended if you want to have proper stepped-shading and outlines. Instead, specify your shader name of choice.

gokuLower,gokuLegs
tag_torso,

Then place a .shader file in the scripts folder with the actual material construction that you'd like. Here's an exert from Goku's shader file.

gokuLegs
{
   outlines
   nomipmaps
   {
      map players/Goku/gokuLegs.png
      rgbGen identityLighting
   }
   {
      clampMap effects/shading/celShadeFlesh.png
      blendfunc filter
      rgbGen lightingUniform
      tcGen cel
   }
}

Quake's shader files are much like materials in other engines/editors. Below is a comprehensive manual of all keywords and capabilities.

http://www.heppler.com/shader/

Woah! Shocked
Thanks man
This really worked textures are showing A-okay ingame Very Happy And thank's for the Information Site, It's really Useful.

One thing Though.
Can the Object draw Texture from a .GIF Image, Cause I made an animation for the Scouter to have the Triangle and Numbers on them rotating and Numbers Changing but when I implanted it the Scouter didn't have any Alpha and was invisible.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, November 02, 2009

You'll need to separate images for each frame along with the AnimMap keyword.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]