Content

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  >>

World Map

Baldwin Lost Soul View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hello, as some people now, Ramunas, came up with the idea that there should be a World Map based on Dragon Ball Z of course. He also made the base map, with I am about to show you.

Here's the thing. EVERYONE can contribute to this map, I wan EVERY SINGLE SOUL in this community to help, if not, we'll(Ramunas, me, Shenku, Mjuksel) will keep it for ourselves . I'll give you the map and its contents as well. Look at the contents, and you'll know what to do from there. Thank you and HAPPY MODELING/TEXTURING!

All model's/textures should be sent to me via IRC or zeq2lite forums PM, or heck even my email. ([email protected])

Thank you again. And let's make this the BEST MAP EVER Smile

Map Contents:
A) Kame-House: The small island Kamesennin live's on.
B) Papaya Islands: Where the Tenkaichi Budokai is held.
C) Muscle Tower: The Northern strong-hold of the Red Ribbon Army.
D) Western City: Capsule Corporation is located here.
E) Penguin Village: Another manga by Toriyama, Dr. Slump, takes place here.
F) Karins Tower/Kami's Lookout: Both are located here.
G) Red Ribbon Army: This is the home base of the RR army.
H) Central Capitol: Piccolo tried to take over the world from here.
I) Raditzu's landing: This is where his space pod landed on earth.
J) First Dragon Ball Z Battle: This is the site where Piccolo kills Goku and Raditzu.
okay) Eastern City: A city wiped out by Nappa.
L) Southern City: Highly populated urban city.
M) Gokuu vs. Vegeta: This is where Goku fight's Vegeta.
N) Survival Training: Here Piccolo trained Gohan.
O) Yunzabit: this is where Kami first lands on earth.
P) Northern City: Another Highly populated urban city.
Q) Grandpa Gohan's House: The former house of Gohan and now Gokuu's.

Dokumas Jamaicabronx View user's profile Send private message

Baldwin I will help as much as I can what do you want me to do.

UlrichZuko View user's profile Send private message

DIS A GOOD IDEA MAN YYC

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

I'm currently in the process of creating a set of simple building components which can be used to create various buildings or other city related objects for use in city areas, when I finish making the "City Construction Kit" I'll give the download link to anyone who asks and is willing to help with this project.

The kit will consist of low poly blocks that can be used in Net Radiant, Blender, 3DS Max, or various other 3D programs, and will be pre-UV mapped and textured for ease of use. For more accurate looking building parts, if anyone can help provide good reference pictures of various cities in the series(preferably naming which city the refs were taken from, and only pictures from the anime, not any commercial games) that would be helpful.

Djsonic View user's profile Send private message

O frig. O _ o.

RealDeal View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, January 13, 2011

OH MY GOODNESS Shocked

Laguna|DaGGeR View user's profile Send private message

I'll was thinking about to make a world map too month ago

problem : map build time takes TO long

another problem: how to join then the map? poly would be to high if you add everything in one map otherwise you just make it like tenkaichi 2 some desert stuff and add it on that its a grreat idea
I wish you good luck on that

EDIT: ase files and add those wouldn't helpmuch he needs to build it on his own

Malek View user's profile Send private message

release the ASE files, and we will add ours, what do you think ? Very Happy

Lfs Z Artist View user's profile Send private message

Everyone should remember that the scale of map will not represent real Dragon Ball Z world.

Entire places will posses a few details from the original scene. for example. desert will have few cliffs and then around it you will see some plainy areas. Forests will be made from 30-40 trees at the very best case. City will be made from 20-30 buildings at the very very best.

For now, we are planning to have - Goku's house, kame's house, cell arena, small desert, small cities, muscle tower, korin's tower and most likely that will sum everything up for Dragon Ball Z world's map.

The scale should be reduced to size of 2 original deserts maps for possible and enjoyable gameplay.

Like Baldwin has said - everyone is allowed to contribute and if you guys have any maps or some scenes (houses and etc) that you want to place in the map for the sake of quality - you are all welcomed to do that!

Acaryus Cutting-Edge View user's profile Send private message

Laguna|DaGGeR View user's profile Send private message

Acaryus wrote :

attack of the Saiyan world map

TRL View user's profile Send private message

So if I understand correctly it would be a mini version on which you are not able to land, like a "3D skybox" for the ground. Basically how those commercial games did it. Sounds fun.

Mjuksel Your Past View user's profile Send private message

yep !

I already started on Gokus house yesterday, and almost finished it Smile

Shane View user's profile Send private message

So the map size would be as large as Baldwin's big map?

And what about respawn points? We can't have someone spawn in the city and another player spawn at Master Roshi's house.

Mjuksel Your Past View user's profile Send private message

the map will be bigger, the fighting area will be normal Smile

Small update on the city construction kit, still not UV mapped yet, but most of the pieces are modeled.

Total poly count for the Full kit is 8,614, and each object is configured currently to be assembled while snapped to a grid, for ease of lining objects up.(In 3DS Max, at any rate, not sure if there's similar grid snap functions in Blender or Radiant...) I'll try and slim down the poly count somehow, but most of that is from the alternate itterations of street block segments.(Which have street lights, fire hydrants, and half street segments/intersections built in, but they can be removed or separated if needed.)

Domitjen The Champ View user's profile Send private message

Why only parts of the scenes? As you should know Baldwin, we infinity map sizes now..

Domitjen wrote : Why only parts of the scenes? As you should know Baldwin, we infinity map sizes now..

It's all about performance, Domitjen. If we do that, it'll be like 100k or even more. I'm sure you don't want to have a map running at .5fps.(NOT PLAYABLE) We're just creating a well, not a mini version but something that is based on the world map, but playable. Trust me, the map size now is great.

Just posting this real fast to show a quick example of how the pieces in the construction kit I'm making can be used...(The only limit should be your imagination... And performance, obviously... Wink )

Buksna Blaizing View user's profile Send private message

Why going randomly when cities in Dragon Ball Z have a lot of refs and buildings are pretty simple

Going more accurate gives better results and better feeling for playing Dragon Ball Z game

Position of buildings doesn't need to be accurate - make accurate buildings and set them as you like Smile

One thing more...I noticed that all versions of cities had box alike corners - sometimes road goes slightly in sides too... Confused

Lfs Z Artist View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : So if I understand correctly it would be a mini version on which you are not able to land, like a "3D skybox" for the ground. Basically how those commercial games did it. Sounds fun.

No, you will be able to land, Bruno.

Malek View user's profile Send private message

Wow , Ramunas came up with the idea !!
http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2960

Zielan KoRnified View user's profile Send private message

Malek wrote : Wow , Ramunas came up with the idea !!

Yeah he totally stole your idea!
He should have known that you came up with it too. You should sue him for being creative.

Malek wrote : Wow , Ramunas came up with the idea !!

Why is everyone saying Ramunas didn't came up with the idea? Ramunas told me about this LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time ago, before I was even on the team.

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Idea guy strikes again!!

Inventor of THE idea.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]