Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  >>

World Map

Mjuksel Your Past View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, January 23, 2011

Okay so I rule @ texturing, here is my house Smile

The person who is going to texture it can also do some little fixes/changes to it Smile

TRL View user's profile Send private message

I might try it sometime. The model could use a little more detail though. Like the wooden pillars on the corners, the windows the step before the door, the door, etc. It's very, very basic now.

Here's the backside.

but it had to be low poly, it's not viewable from up close..
so I think a lot can be done with textures Smile

Mjuksel wrote : it's not viewable from up close..

I'm confused. Ramunas told me it wasn't going to be this way, which I thought at first it was.

Anyway. For a point of interest.

This is the first and second time Goku's house actually appear in the Dragon Ball Z manga.

So at the beginning of the cell saga, the first time and at the beginning of the Buu saga the second.

The version we see in the Saiyan saga in the anime, must've been a major asspull on toei's part, because the buildings are different and the location isn't anything near the original Grandpa Gohan's house
(notice the river).

Starting from the Cell saga you'll see the house has changed into this one, so I guess they've must've moved.

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote :

Mjuksel wrote : it's not viewable from up close..

I'm confused. Ramunas told me it wasn't going to be this way, which I thought at first it was.

My understanding was that everything needed to be low poly so everything can be jammed into the one map without causing performance issues...

Not sure where the idea that it was all going into a skybox came from, if that were the case, you could never fight in all the various locations since they're infinitely too far away from you...

oh well you have to ask Ramunas then, but adding some vertical beams of wood can be done easily by inserting a few polies on the edges Smile

+ me lacking the time to make some decent stuff, is kind of zippy Smile
if I had some more spare time I could do some detailed stuff

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

I don't really think these machines would lag on this map if we give it some details , I mean if it can take crysis , then this map can be taken 100%

Laguna|DaGGeR View user's profile Send private message

najeeb wrote : I don't really think these machines would lag on this map if we give it some details , I mean if it can take crysis , then this map can be taken 100%

really? I'm really suprised you told me last time you tested my daggerdesert and it lagged on you!

just set particle quality to OFF and the map WILL run at fullspeed

DaGGeR wrote :

najeeb wrote : I don't really think these machines would lag on this map if we give it some details , I mean if it can take crysis , then this map can be taken 100%

really? I'm really suprised you told me last time you tested my daggerdesert and it lagged on you!

Even still, not everyone has the most up to date computers, so poly counts need to be kept within a reasonable range, or people get excluded from being able to use the map.

True, we could cram in extremely high poly models that have every single brick, pebble, cloud, ant, and grass blade modeled, but at a certain point most average computers fruitcake out and won't run it correctly, especially when rendering it all while folks are flying around throwing energy attacks at one another. Computers can only handle processing so much before they can't handle anymore.

Also, keep in mind that we're modling locations for the whole world, not just a map of random canyon X where Character A fought Character Z. There's a lot more models that are going to be in this than your average map currently.(Thus why it's a community project, so it can be worked on faster.)

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, January 24, 2011

DaGGeR wrote :

don't you get enough with lieng ? dude what's wrong with you? I never downloaded you're daggerdesert and I never said that anythnig lagged on my pc , infact no game lags on my pc

Reply with quote Monday, January 24, 2011

so loving what, keep on topic man..

this is about our World Map and not about crappy pcs, lagging maps etc...

Lfs Z Artist View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, January 25, 2011

546 triangles each. Quick mock up test Wink. Next cliff will be better. Wink

Malek View user's profile Send private message

Lfs wrote : 546 triangles each. Quick mock up test Wink. Next cliff will be better. Wink

definitely accurate, good job , lfs, try to fix the ground because it looks like they're some kind of .... unnatural *intense laughter*

Zielan KoRnified View user's profile Send private message

Red Ribbon Army base start

I like the tower Zielan. Do some basic texture already too before you do all the models. So the texturing part doesn't get tedious. Believe me, it will happen.

TRL is right, once you start adding in more and more models, the process for texturing them all really does feel more tedious then if you do it for each model as you make them.

Reply with quote Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Worked on a little something specifically for the cell games area of this map.

The cliffs are pretty low poly, but they were just to give a quick idea. The rock textures is the main focus. It's supposed to be highly accurate.

How do you guys like it?

Zielan KoRnified View user's profile Send private message

Holy s*** that looks cool!

TRL wrote : Worked on a little something specifically for the cell games area of this map.

The cliffs are pretty low poly, but they were just to give a quick idea. The rock textures is the main focus. It's supposed to be highly accurate.

How do you guys like it?

The rock textures don't fit there, if you want the same effect you will need modelled rocks on the cliff, and that's kind of hard, good job on the models Wink
(maybe its because the cliffs sides are flat ?)

Lfs Z Artist View user's profile Send private message

Great work, Bruno, great work. Really dig your texturing style Wink.

I passed one desert cliff to Baldwin, now I will make some super LOW poly desert cliffs and we are off to the coast of trees.

And to answer to some of your questions and doubts - YOU will be able to land on the ground, you will be able to approach the buildings and etc. That's why some of the details will be covered with textures. We keep everything low poly because it's entire Dragon Ball Z world map and don't forget that everything sums up. That's why we can't go into super details Wink.

And here is the todo list:
Props:
Tree (preferably under 140 triangles) + 4 textures - leaves light, dark, mid (each 200x200 + alphas) + trunk (50x50) (already working on the tree myself);
Low poly desert cliff (under 50 triangles) + 200x200 diffuse (well I will finish this task myself Wink )
Grass strand (under 10 triangles) + 20x10 diffuse;
Rock (under 40 triangles) + 40x40 diffuse;
Bushes (alpha mapped 200x200; 10-12 triangles?);

Structures
Korin's tower (under 3000 triangles?) + maybe palace (only lower part because you won't be able to approach it);
Goku's house (under 2000 triangles?);
Ribbon's army base (under 2000 triangles?);

Effects (basically just diffuse + alphas; try to keep it under 256x256?)
Snow (made one just for testing purposes but maybe you can do better one guys);
Dusts for desert;
Rain;
Water;

Areas
You can make some specific areas that can be placed in game, however, try to keep everything low poly or under considerate wireframe level.
Try making some moutain areas, that you could run around (where young Goku lived), with maybe some waterfalls and etc Wink use references and your head, just keep it Dragon Ball Z style;)

Maybe I've forgot to add something so feel free to add your own ideas and suggestions, but here is the small task list you can work from.

Screwing with your guys minds with all these crazy different angles and rotations, while it's all the same rock.

Make good use of it! And also notice the importance of good uvw unwrapping.

I suggest using farclipping on distances to reduce lag (like Zeth already said earlier)

Baldwin Lost Soul View user's profile Send private message

up^^

Dokumas Jamaicabronx View user's profile Send private message

Nice Baldwin Very Happy

Baldwin why did you put in your texture? That's about the opposite of what I asked you to do..

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]