Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  >>

World Map

Buksna Blaizing View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, January 13, 2011

That wasn't even Ramunas's idea...

don't you think that guys working on Dragon Ball Z games haven't thought about that long time ago

Earth Special Forces, Bid For Power, ZEQ2

well they probably had that in mind but technology didn't allow them to do so...

Malek View user's profile Send private message

Did I say he stole it, douchebag (Baldwin)?

I wrote: Wow , Ramunas came up with the idea !!

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

A 100,000 triangle map (or even more) should be loadable by Quake 3 -- although it might have a long[er] load time.

You have plenty of options to increase rendering performance as well. These include using just brushes so that proper LOD can be utilized and using the farclip keyword so that distant objects are not rendered whatsoever. Although Quake 3's farclip is more limited than other rendering environments, it's still plenty usable as long as you don't mind lack of a proper skybox.

Malek View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote : A 100,000 triangle map (or even more) should be loadable by Quake 3 -- although it might have a long[er] load time.

You have plenty of options to increase rendering performance as well. These include using just brushes so that proper LOD can be utilized and using the farclip keyword so that distant objects are not rendered whatsoever. Although Quake 3's farclip is more limited than other rendering environments, it's still plenty usable as long as you don't mind lack of a proper skybox.

Can Baldwin's fog be implented on farclip ?

Baldwin Lost Soul View user's profile Send private message

Smile Up^^ added cell games

Dokumas Jamaicabronx View user's profile Send private message

Nice Baldwin Very Happy

Djsonic View user's profile Send private message

Dokumas wrote : Nice Baldwin Very Happy

comment agreed with dokumas.

hp321helder View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, January 14, 2011

can't wait for this epic map! Shocked

Domo-Kun View user's profile Send private message

hp321helder wrote : can't wait for this epic map! Shocked

Mjuksel Your Past View user's profile Send private message

my WIP Goku house Smile

Lfs Z Artist View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, January 15, 2011

You seem to misunderstand something, guys.

If you don't contribute on this map, you won't get this. No chance in getting this, unless you create/share some contents for this map, else there is no way to you get your hands on it. It won't be uploaded for public. Only those who worked on this will be able to play this (this is for the sake of motivation)! Wink

nielsmillikan View user's profile Send private message

There is always an option to get it leaked.. just saying Razz

Domitjen The Champ View user's profile Send private message

Baldwin wrote :

Domitjen wrote : Why only parts of the scenes? As you should know Baldwin, we infinity map sizes now..

It's all about performance, Domitjen. If we do that, it'll be like 100k or even more. I'm sure you don't want to have a map running at .5fps.(NOT PLAYABLE) We're just creating a well, not a mini version but something that is based on the world map, but playable. Trust me, the map size now is great.

meh, my pc can handle everything :p

Damaera View user's profile Send private message

Shenku wrote : Just posting this real fast to show a quick example of how the pieces in the construction kit I'm making can be used...(The only limit should be your imagination... And performance, obviously... Wink )

Your buildings look nothing like the city buildings in Dragon Ball Z :S

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Lfs wrote :

You seem to misunderstand something, guys.

If you don't contribute on this map, you won't get this. No chance in getting this, unless you create/share some contents for this map, else there is no way to you get your hands on it. It won't be uploaded for public. Only those who worked on this will be able to play this (this is for the sake of motivation)! Wink

I did make a muscle tower but Baldwin chose not to see it , whatever

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Damaera wrote :

Shenku wrote : Just posting this real fast to show a quick example of how the pieces in the construction kit I'm making can be used...(The only limit should be your imagination... And performance, obviously... Wink )

Your buildings look nothing like the city buildings in Dragon Ball Z :S

Really? Then help me get some refs so I can fix it... Rolling Eyes

TRL View user's profile Send private message

http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1254

This thread about east city has some.

TRL wrote : http://ZEQ2.com/lite/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1254

This thread about east city has some.

Forgot about that thread, thanks.

And update. Got things mostly UV mapped now, yanked out a few of the higher poly models and decided to either replace them with lower poly equivalents that better fit the environment they're intended for, or removed them entirely.

Also, took out one of the building bases and added 2 new ones, as well as edited an existing one and added a railway piece to make those raised monorail tracks with.

Overall poly count for the kit is now knocked back down to 955.

Djsonic View user's profile Send private message

Shenku that's the best created map you have there. pretty neat.

Djsonic wrote : Shenku that's the best created map you have there. pretty neat.

That there is just a line up render of all the pieces in the kit.

This, however, is a quick mock-up of East City(With the exception of the trees, which were downloaded from another thread, all the models in this are resized/slightly edited variants of the pieces in the City Construction Kit I made).

Reply with quote Sunday, January 16, 2011

my version of gokus house area (wip)
as you can see already and will se later on I will try to model most of the details ratner than covering up with textures like the doors and stuff while keeping the poly count low
NOTE: THIS NOT A COMPITION TO MJ"S Goku HOUSE in any way JUST MY PART OF CONTRIBUTION

Why are you getting greedy over this map already najeeb? There isn't even anything in it yet.

Also no point in contributing this if Mjuksel already made it.

It's so typical for you to want this thing just because you can't, even if I was Ramunas I wouldn't give it to you, because there's a high chance you'd leak it.

TRL wrote : Why are you getting greedy over this map already najeeb? There isn't even anything in it yet.

Also no point in contributing this if Mjuksel already made it.

It's so typical for you to want this thing just because you can't, even if I was Ramunas I wouldn't give it to you, because there's a high chance you'd leak it.

this again ? I asked Baldwin before doing this ....
did not do it on my choice , plus you cannot judge me , I never leak stuff nor I am greey over just a map , it was a contribution for the sake of zeq2lite and as a appreciation for what I have lerned here, not for a mere map ,

Well when there's getting something involved, that's the only time you want to make something. It's even something lacking in identifiable function, sorry I see through you. by the way didn't you leave?

that's your problem , you blindly follow one path , and I said "I will return when the time is right" and that time came a few days ago ,you just do not have the right to judge any one

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]