Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  >>

World Map

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, January 17, 2011

You mean this tree right?

Well I went and examined it ingame. And I noticed all the different planes also had a rotate function so you could never notice it were planes. So it actually incorporate both our techniques. Quite ingenious. It's the perfect tree.

Buksna Blaizing View user's profile Send private message

Yeah tree is done in 4 parts...

One is bark which is done completely 3D so when rotation happens you can't really see it because of that bark which really gives 3D effect to whole tree

Other tree parts are planes - top, middle and down - has 3 different textures: top (light green), middle (from light to dark) and down (dark green)

I think that method should be used for all the trees that should be used in ZEQ2-lite and that are possible to be done like that of course Smile (pine trees won't look good if are done that way)

TRL View user's profile Send private message

I agree, I already was thinking to use this method next time I make a tree.

Lfs Z Artist View user's profile Send private message

broly3110 wrote :
okay something in my mind translates that to:

"You don't produce?You get left in the dust."

One of my teachers goes by this principle:

"You don't know?I will teach you!You don't want to?I will make you!"

And let me tell you it usually fails horribly,why kick out maybe 80% of the community?

And don't give me the "I will try to make something",lets face it many people don't even touch that concept with a 10 meter pole.

We are not forcing you to work on this. We are just showing the progression and tell that we accept any kind of help and that you can work on this. There is no need for you to work on this if you don't want Smile.

broly3110 wrote : Put yourself in the place of a member that can't model/texture to save his life or lacks any talent whatsoever,how would you feel getting left in the dust just because you don't bring anything to the table?

Excuse me...? Why are you speaking about modeling/texturing only? Reference gathering is heck hard work and it's considered as a contribution. Research for techniques, development workflow is a contribution, my friend Wink.

broly3110 wrote : It may have a noble purpose behind it but its lacking in identifiable function if it gets just to a few people

And darn it.... Let it be. And I never said I liked masses. If you want to hear my opinion, I dislike masses - yes, and I'd be really really glad if from this 3000+ users community, I help and motivate at least a single person who might find his own call or find an area that likes to work. ZEQ2Lite's goal was to grow a community of developers or motivate people to learn game development secrets and etc. ZEQ2Lite is really easily modifiable and since it's a quite successful sandbox, people can learn how to modify it on their own and maybe... one day create or start something their own. So basically, yes, that is what behind scenes. And I don't care if this is a wrong motivation or not. I'm sorry to say this, but this is THE reality. Wink

broly3110 View user's profile Send private message

Lfs wrote : We are not forcing you to work on this. We are just showing the progression and tell that we accept any kind of help and that you can work on this. There is no need for you to work on this if you don't want Smile.

Well if I want the map that is actually "forcing",its either want it 100% or leave it.

Here's an idea why don't you guys do a "to do" list so people know what to contribute.(the idea guy strikes again)

I will give a shot at texturing trying to not fail epically at it.

Lfs Z Artist View user's profile Send private message

Anything will do. Just create something that you think could be used. Except from the contents you already saw in this thread and if you really don't know what is worked on, you could always ask Wink. Knowledge is the key here, sir.

Great! I will try to drop you some UV maps that you could try and texture some of my models Smile

Shane View user's profile Send private message

Don't worry :p We'll get the map.

Baldwin Lost Soul View user's profile Send private message

Shane wrote : Don't worry :p We'll get the map.

How so? Even if you get the link, there will be a TOP secret Security system password unlockable service command filter device. So you can try your best.

Djsonic View user's profile Send private message

D:

broly3110 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lfs wrote : Great! I will try to drop you some UV maps that you could try and texture some of my models Smile

okay

Shane View user's profile Send private message

Baldwin wrote :

How so? Even if you get the link, there will be a TOP secret Security system password unlockable service command filter device. So you can try your best.

A top secret security system password unlockable service command filter device eh? Sounds believable.

Acaryus Cutting-Edge View user's profile Send private message

I am making Kame House Smile

Malek View user's profile Send private message

Shane wrote :

Baldwin wrote :

A top secret security system password unlockable service command filter device eh? Sounds believable.

What if I get my hands on the password ? Whatcha going to do ?? Twisted Evil

Malek wrote :

Shane wrote :

Baldwin wrote :

What if I get my hands on the password ? Whatcha going to do ?? Twisted Evil

Passwor....(d) ?? OH! NO, You need MORE than one passwords. Wink

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

Too much security for a map? :PPP

Mjuksel Your Past View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, January 19, 2011

its only because we have to.

start learning 2D/3D people !

ssj6vegeta View user's profile Send private message

dude you have to take into consideration that some of us(me) want to help but cand do stuff with anything and that makes it really gypsy when people can't play the map cause they have no skills; its a good idea but I just have the problem with me having no skills whatsoever

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

Every single person here that has some "skills" started without any. Nobody was born with Max/Blender/Photoshop skills. Just go to youtube, or just ask someone here to help you and guide you. There is a variety of things you could learn. And the best part about it, it may come in handy in your life Wink

RealDeal View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mima92bgd wrote : Every single person here that has some "skills" started without any. Nobody was born with Max/Blender/Photoshop skills. Just go to youtube, or just ask someone here to help you and guide you. There is a variety of things you could learn. And the best part about it, it may come in handy in your life Wink

well said Smile

Zay View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, January 21, 2011

yall should make desructible enviroments that would be real cool Smile

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Zay wrote : yall should make desructible enviroments that would be real cool Smile

While theoretically possible to a small extent, it would be impractical to do with the current system. There have been discussions several times on the topic that would give better details on why than I can recall off hand though...

Sorry did posted updates in the past few days, was experimenting on my new laptop(Games) Very Happy here are some updates.

NOTICE: I'm NOT editing ANYONE's work, if there is critz, please point it to the creator, thanks.

ROBZOMBIE2 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, January 22, 2011

beatiful work

Mjuksel Your Past View user's profile Send private message

I'm going to finish my Goku house this weekend, and maybe ill start on something else after that Smile

Dokumas Jamaicabronx View user's profile Send private message

OH MY GOODNESS ITS BEAUTIFUL

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]