Content

My own little game

Astronomical View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'm bored, so I'm thinking of continuing development of a game I started a while ago.... okay a bit over a year ago Rolling Eyes , its my own little project.
I used gamemaker 7.0, mostly using GML (game maker language) its a musical game

I stopped because I had other things to do, but it works enough to get a kick out of it. I want to hopefully make it more powerful and actually function better, but for now, its an okay concept. now I have a bit of free time, so I can continue Smile

have a go for at least a minute, its a no loose type of game, just have fun with it post critique here, good or bad, I don't mind. but remember, its so far from finnished it's not funny Smile
remember, it's the sound that makes the game playable, not the graphics

download here
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E01WUWOY

if the resolution of the game is a bit to big, this is and alternate version that's a bit smaller and uses a scroll feature
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4A3QLQ6C
EDIT: fixed url

Scanned with Comodo Antivirus
EDIT: added picture Smile

Astronomical View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, January 30, 2011

I didn't think it possible, but I'm actually makiing progress with my game Shocked

I might release a new version later. but for now...
major update highlights (amung a few minor ones)
- a new save system which reduces loading times to a more acceptable level. 257 chunks of info has been braught down to 17 chunks Very Happy (still fully saveable and loadable). old saves are incompatibal though Sad

- block modification- it now uses a 16 by 64 block. this means its a more powerful program to create music, the downside is that it means a more complicated process for the user.

suggestions are most welcome. please don't hold back on your comments Very Happy

Malek View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, January 30, 2011

What about improving the design ? and the set of buttons to make it look easy ? Confused

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]