Content

1, 2  >>

Goku without weighted cloths

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, November 02, 2009

I'll be making Goku without weighted cloths as a sort of powerup. I want to use the existing Goku as a base for consistency. But for that I need to be able to import the md3 into studio max 2009. The problem is I downloaded a plugin. I tried putting the file in "plugins", I tried putting it in scripts. Nothing works, I get an error that it can't read the file.

Please help me, I'm eager to start making this model!

ESCachuli View user's profile Send private message

Maybe, instead of only doing a power up that will be very strange going from non-weightened to Super Saiyan with weights again.
Make a total modification of Goku, as the non-kanji and kanji ones.
Good luck

MDave ZEQ2-lite Ninja View user's profile Send private message

There are MD3 export plugins for Max 2009?

mel "I'll Mop Your Face!" View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : I'll be making Goku without weighted cloths as a sort of powerup. I want to use the existing Goku as a base for consistency. But for that I need to be able to import the md3 into studio max 2009. The problem is I downloaded a plugin. I tried putting the file in "plugins", I tried putting it in scripts. Nothing works, I get an error that it can't read the file.

Please help me, I'm eager to start making this model!

good idea, how about making him shirtless instead, like the fight with freeza

Reply with quote Tuesday, November 03, 2009

MDave wrote : There are MD3 export plugins for Max 2009?

An import plugin actually. But yeah I guess there wouldn't. I need to use an older version of max than.

Or is there another way around to get it into max, like a file converter or something?

ESCachuli wrote : Maybe, instead of only doing a power up that will be very strange going from non-weightened to Super Saiyan with weights again.
Make a total modification of Goku, as the non-kanji and kanji ones.
Good luck

Since Goku can't go Super Saiyan in the Saiyan saga I'm not going to include those transformations. It's supposed to be the only powerup he has in this saga.
I don't get why everyone has such an obsession with Super Saiyan's. The series was just as cool before those appeared.

ESCachuli View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, November 03, 2009

I don't mean that.
But is only that why make only a power-up when you can make:
1) A whole character
2) A skin for Goku.
It would be more used and would work for every transformation.
Also, is very strange to "transform" into a non-weithened clothes.
But is only an opinion.

Reply with quote Wednesday, November 04, 2009

okay the import problem is solved.

Now say I added parts to the Goku model. How do I get these new parts uv mapped and skinned to work in game?
I know UV mapping, but what do I have to do to get these new parts on the same uv map?

TheXenon View user's profile Send private message

What a silly transformation in my opinion could be a waste of your own time.. that's the way I see it.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

You could actually turn off the aura sounds on the first form Goku, build an animation of him throwing off the clothes as the transformation sequence, and have the next tier have no clothes to pull it off.

You'd really need to wait until a patch release fix though for proper permanent tier setups so you can't tier down as well as or the unique animation playback too as I believe we use charge up at the moment on the public build.

Zeth wrote : You could actually turn off the aura sounds on the first form Goku, build an animation of him throwing off the clothes as the transformation sequence, and have the next tier have no clothes to pull it off.

You'd really need to wait until a patch release fix though for proper permanent tier setups so you can't tier down as well as or the unique animation playback too as I believe we use charge up at the moment on the public build.

That would be very cool! If it's made possible, I'll try to do it.
But any help on my uv problem? Or can I just add a whole new jpg to the model for the new parts?

JadenKorn Totally Explicit View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, November 07, 2009

You could create an UV image of your body part with Misfit 3D, then export it as a JPEG, edit the image, load it back and if it's looking good, then you have Goku without weighted clothes.

JadenKorn wrote : You could create an UV image of your body part with Misfit 3D, then export it as a JPEG, edit the image, load it back and if it's looking good, then you have Goku without weighted clothes.

yeah but my question is: now their are 3 different jpg files, upper, legs and head. Can I add another jpg to the model?

yeah but my question is: now their are 3 different jpg files, upper, legs and head. Can I add another jpg to the model?

Of course. You can have one shader/texture per sub-mesh on each body part. For instance, most of the head.md3 files have the eyes split in this way to use a different shader.

Zeth wrote :

Of course. You can have one shader/texture per sub-mesh on each body part. For instance, most of the head.md3 files have the eyes split in this way to use a different shader.

good to know. thanks

Reply with quote Monday, November 09, 2009

Okay I hit another road block.

I managed to make the model a md3 file with misfit 3D, but when I load it in the game, it just keeps the praying position like in this screenshot:

Is this because of the way I imported the md3 file into max? Their are options for keeping flags and textures and stuff. The textures I can load though.

What about the animation then? The shoes are gone... Will the feet just follow the animations of the legs?

So who's going to get me out of this one?
slam editing an existing model is a hastle

MDave ZEQ2-lite Ninja View user's profile Send private message

Editing MD3 files is the wrong way to go about things, really. It's like editing BSP files Razz

When you import a MD3 file, you're only importing the mesh. No skeleton, no morph target data, and by the looks of things no tags or animations.

It's like using a cooked cake as the start of making your own cake.

RedHot View user's profile Send private message

It's a binding pose. Choose other frames to see animation.

Deathshot View user's profile Send private message

I never did learn how to import a Quake 3 model.

Reply with quote Tuesday, November 10, 2009

MDave wrote : Editing MD3 files is the wrong way to go about things, really. It's like editing BSP files Razz

When you import a MD3 file, you're only importing the mesh. No skeleton, no morph target data, and by the looks of things no tags or animations.

It's like using a cooked cake as the start of making your own cake.

So is there any other way? Or if I deliver you the model, can the team get it in game?

It's not really stimulating for progress if you can't edit the existing models.

It's a compiled binary mesh format that's flattened to frame by frame vertex data. It'd be like trying to edit an .exe file to make a mod. What you need are the original model files in their native format before the initial export. The .bip files are already a great start, but I'll see about popping some additional formats in the developer assets thread.

Zeth wrote : It's a compiled binary mesh format that's flattened to frame by frame vertex data. It'd be like trying to edit an .exe file to make a mod. What you need are the original model files in their native format before the initial export. The .bip files are already a great start, but I'll see about popping some additional formats in the developer assets thread.

Yeah I tried downloading those bip files, but I couldn't get access.

Also I noticed this Goku has a lot of double or even triple vertices overlapping eachother, that need welding. Just letting you know.

But really those original model files would be godsend.

No permission to access it from the other thread? The attachment filter seems to be on the fritz.

Also I noticed this Goku has a lot of double or even triple vertices overlapping eachother, that need welding. Just letting you know.

Likely caused by exported smoothing groups (this is usually how they are simulated) to the md3 format.

Zeth wrote :

No permission to access it from the other thread? The attachment filter seems to be on the fritz.

It's working now, I downloaded the animations.

Malek View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, November 22, 2009

Add it as another character and PLEASE don't give up this costume is used in Saiyan saga Shocked

Y2kain View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, April 09, 2010

is there any way to make the meshes to be in a differeant pose to make it easy to edit ?

1, 2  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]