Content

<<  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  >>

Development SVN

BlackhawkGT View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, September 11, 2011

Domitjen wrote :

BlackhawkGT wrote :

skkyper wrote : Why is there Stealth 1635 version ?

Cause we saw there was a new svn revision with this new stuff, trying it out.

you won't even be able to lock or it will crash.. HAVE FUN! Very Happy

Lies, locking works fine for me and Stealth. The only thing that will crash us are: if one of us die while locked or mêlée each other. ;d

Djosama View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, September 17, 2011

Um... a thought just occurred to me. Would or wouldn't the game look better with slightly thickened out lines so it would resemble some of the Budokai games?

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Djosama wrote : Um... a thought just occurred to me. Would or wouldn't the game look better with slightly thickened out lines so it would resemble some of the Budokai games?

no

Domitjen The Champ View user's profile Send private message

Trl is a man of few words..

But he's right though, never try to resemble anything to commercial games with zeq2lite :p

qwerty In Advance View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, September 18, 2011

Reverting Goku to his previous animations as the testing is done.

Will ZEQ2 Lite have animation blends? Like transitioning from forward flight to landing on the ground there will be a short 2 step running period since no body can really stop on a dime.

And *laughing out loud* not much of a philosopher are you TRL.

Domo-Kun View user's profile Send private message

Djosama wrote : Will ZEQ2 Lite have animation blends? Like transitioning from forward flight to landing on the ground there will be a short 2 step running period since no body can really stop on a dime.

Domo-Kun wrote :

Djosama wrote : Will ZEQ2 Lite have animation blends? Like transitioning from forward flight to landing on the ground there will be a short 2 step running period since no body can really stop on a dime.

D: its philomasophical powers scare me

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, September 19, 2011

Will ZEQ2 Lite have animation blends? Like transitioning from forward flight to landing on the ground there will be a short 2 step running period since no body can really stop on a dime.

In the Dragon Ball Z series, yes, they do stop on a dime most of the time. No character really just drifts or has deceleration in play.

Animation transitions do already exist though. They aren't in place for everything, of course, but nothing stops someone from making a transition from one animation to the next.

Zeth wrote :

In the Dragon Ball Z series, yes, they do stop on a dime most of the time. No character really just drifts or have deceleration in play.

Animation transitions do already exist though. They aren't in place for everything, of course, but nothing stops someone from making a transition from one animation to the next.

Oh no I know they can stop on a dime like when ending full on fight. What I was saying however, was if I was flying ingame and I gradually lowered to the ground rather than dropping vertically by the time I actually hit the ground would I just land and stop or take a step or two to slow down. Same as when you stop from running basically.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Oh no I know they can stop on a dime like when ending full on fight. What I was saying however, was if I was flying ingame and I gradually lowered to the ground rather than dropping vertically by the time I actually hit the ground would I just land and stop or take a step or two to slow down. Same as when you stop from running basically.

Again, you are using a comparison to reality rather than Dragon Ball Z itself.

As with any suggested feature, you should find some series snapshots of several instances of this occurring and present them if you'd like the subject to be discussed more appropriately in the correct context.

KleptoDaGod View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Is Final Form Frieza supposed to be able to rapidly fire Death Ball?

Buksna Blaizing View user's profile Send private message

KleptoDaGod wrote : Is Final Form Frieza supposed to be able to rapidly fire Death Ball?

Nope. This is open sourced and what most of community plays, even you is called "Development SVN"

So you'll expirience lots of; how you call it "bugs".

I recommend playing Public Beta 1 because its most stable version for now....

I know that already. I was asking because I wasn't sure if it was a bug or intentional. I play the stable version but I download the SVN updates to see what's been worked on and what's going to change in the new version.

At any rate Frieza's Final Form spams Death Balls like they're ki blasts.

Yeah. Well anything you see in show that's how its going to be. We won't make something WAY different...

Good. I can only imagine if 3 or 4 people picked Frieza and started rapid-firing Death Balls on a server...

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

KleptoDaGod wrote : I know that already. I was asking because I wasn't sure if it was a bug or intentional. I play the stable version but I download the SVN updates to see what's been worked on and what's going to change in the new version.

At any rate Frieza's Final Form spams Death Balls like they're ki blasts.

That's actually intentional and not a bug. The skill is actually called "Death Ball Barrage" and is the skill Frieza used at one point in the anime to pin Goku underwater so he couldn't come up for air just prior to Goku's Kaioken times twenty attack.

Visually, as well as numbers wise, it's not finished yet though. The explosions are suppose to be closer in scale(though slightly bigger) to that of normal Ki Storm attacks, and the damage still needs to be scaled back so it doesn't completely kill someone with only a couple hits. It's suppose to be spam-able, but only to a point. My current plan is to set its requirements on fatigue/powerlevel per ball launched to be such that you can only fire off a handful of them before you're forced to stop and rest, but that's still subject to change.

In fact, many of Frieza's attacks are to be considered subject to change at the moment in the most recent build, so if you're playing on an unstable development build currently, don't expect it to be the same once a new stable version is announced.

Zeth wrote :

Again, you are using a comparison to reality rather than Dragon Ball Z itself.

As with any suggested feature, you should find some series snapshots of several instances of this occurring and present them if you'd like the subject to be discussed more appropriately in the correct context.

Oh okay I'll do my best to find some decent refs ( in any at all)

Reply with quote Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Shenku. I'm not sure that Frieza shoot those balls so rapidly. It always took him 20 seconds to charge it..

Buksna wrote : Shenku. I'm not sure that Frieza shoot those balls so rapidly. It always took him 20 seconds to charge it..

Actually, he did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bac-SaYyo48#t=07m37s

He fired off a rather large number of them in very quick succession in this scene to keep Goku from coming up for air.

Trust me, I re-watched the entirety of the fight between Goku and Frieza to ensure accuracy when planning out the attack changes I was going to make, but as I said in my last post, they're not finished yet.

That what he fires is not DeathBall - You may be on right track but that attack you're doing should be attack for itself

Frieza fired 2 different DeathBalls in show (orange and black) so I think spots are already reserved Wink

On the other hand he never fired I THINK orange ball in his final form (final and meta are not same), but only black one...

If attacks are going to be separated as they should through forms then you might have spot in DeathBall empty to put it. But then again it's not DeathBall Very Happy

Buksna wrote : That what he fires is not DeathBall - You may be on right track but that attack you're doing should be attack for itself

Frieza fired 2 different DeathBalls in show (orange and black) so I think spots are already reserved Wink

On the other hand he never fired I THINK orange ball in his final form (final and meta are not same), but only black one...

If attacks are going to be separated as they should through forms then you might have spot in DeathBall empty to put it. But then again it's not DeathBall Very Happy

He used it against Trunks here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiNDE4C0tN4#t=5m30s

Regardless of him being rebuilt as "Mecha Frieza" in this scene, his knowledge of attacks didn't change from when he was on Namek, and he was still technically in his final form, so he could have used it at any time. True, since he didn't use it on Namek in his final form, he shouldn't have it, according to intrinsic analysis, but plans were to remove the skill from all but the first form anyways(Which I thought I did already), so this argument is pointless.

In total, the plans for Death Ball were to have 3 basic types(not including the rapid fire one, which was never named, and has still not been finished). There's Super Nova(The red-orange one used to blow up the planet Vegeta), Death Ball(The black one with pink electrical sparks that Frieza was going to use before getting hit by Goku's Spirit Bomb), and 100% Death Ball(a quickly charged massive pink-purple energy ball used against Goku after he had turned Super Saiyan).

Super Nova will be limited to first form only, Death Ball will be available in 4th form and up, and 100% Death Ball will only be available in the 100% tier(once I finish it, not to mention the guided disk, which will also be limited to 100% as well).

As far as tier specific attacks, there's several issues that still need to be overcome in order to setup Frieza's attacks correctly without making a few tiers feel sub-par. First there's the animation.cfg, which would need to be adjusted to have a unique one possible for each tier. Likewise for the phys and grfx files. Then of course, each tier would practically need to be built and balanced as though a separate character entirely(considering that Frieza's style of fighting and abilities displayed changed slightly in each form).

Zay View user's profile Send private message

I would like to think thos attacks are ki shots

I agree with Zay. I also think that the argument is not pointless. Yes you have to be accurate to the anime but also consider the gameplay elements. Frieza already being as strong as he is would be slam near unbeatable with a rapid death ball for young rascals who can't really defend against spamming.

Djosama wrote : I agree with Zay. I also think that the argument is not pointless. Yes you have to be accurate to the anime but also consider the gameplay elements. Frieza already being as strong as he is would be slam near unbeatable with a rapid death ball for young rascals who can't really defend against spamming.

If your only argument against it is based on unskilled players spamming it against newer players with lower powerlevels, then Frieza's entire character is contrary to your idea of a balanced game simply because Frieza was a ruthless tyrant who could at any point kill the average person outright, but chose not to so as to humor himself(When you're the strongest in the universe, you hold back, other wise you would never get to have any fun when everyone you fight dies in the first hit...).

The balancing factor with Frieza should be that either everyone plays as Frieza, and thus is on the same playing field where everyone is the same and no one is any different from anyone else(boring if you ask me), or everyone whom isn't Frieza teams up against the player who is to take him down as a team, which is much more accurate to the idea behind much of Dragon Ball Z, rarely if ever was the big bad guy of the saga defeated purely by one character's actions alone.

Saiyan Saga, Raditz was defeated only because Goku and Piccolo teamed up, and Vegeta was only defeated with much help from Gohan, Krillin, Yajirobe(as small of a part as he played), and Goku working together.

Namek/Ginyu Saga, Ginyu required the combined efforts of Ginyu-Goku, Krillin, Gohan, and Vegeta(Too lazy to sum up most of the rest of the saga, but in general Gohan and Krillin pretty much had to team up against what ever it was they faced).

Frieza Saga, Frieza was pretty much taken down little by little in each form by a combination of everyone involved up until Goku transformed, but the fact remains that even then, Gohan still ended up lending a hand briefly before the Namekian dragon sent them away.

Garlic Jr. Saga, again, group effort to defeat him.

Trunks Saga, pretty much the only instance in which a major villain was defeated single handed, but Frieza was not intended to be the main focus any more, the Androids were.

Android Saga, Android 19 fought Goku before Vegeta arrived, so technically it was a group effort, but that doesn't really matter at all since Android 17, 18, and 16 are the main focus of this saga. Vegeta and Trunks both failed against the androids, and only Piccolo came close to defeating them before Cell came along and changed everyone's game plan.

Cell, once more group effort. While he had eaten a Sensu bean prior to fighting Gohan, it still required more than Gohan alone to defeat him(remember, everyone was blasting at Cell from different directions during their final beam struggle to help distract him so that Gohan could finish him off...).

Buu Saga, long story short, it took both Goku and Vegeta working together to defeat Majin Buu once he reverted to his "kid" form.

Over all, pretty much the entirety of Dragon Ball Z is based on the premise of the good guys being forced to team up to be able to defeat the bad guys. So yes, the bad guys should be dangerous for one player alone to deal with, unless they too are at a level close to or above par with the villain in question.

From a game-play tactics perspective, 1 on 1 might rule for the lower level player, but an entire server(5+ players or even more) teaming up against a single player whom is using Frieza brings it back into a sense of accurate balance. Unless someone is playing a character of Super Saiyan strength or higher, Frieza in his 4th form should remain a significant threat.

Besides, what I'm saying is pointless, is your complaining about attacks that are not finished yet, so complaining about it serves to accomplish nothing seeing as how it will be different when it's completed anyways... Just wait until it's officially done before saying it's wrong...

<<  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]