Content

<<  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  >>

Development SVN

Djosama View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Shenku wrote :

Djosama wrote : I agree with Zay. I also think that the argument is not pointless. Yes you have to be accurate to the anime but also consider the gameplay elements. Frieza already being as strong as he is would be slam near unbeatable with a rapid death ball for young rascals who can't really defend against spamming.

If your only argument against it is based on unskilled players spamming it against newer players with lower powerlevels, then Frieza's entire character is contrary to your idea of a balanced game simply because Frieza was a ruthless tyrant who could at any point kill the average person outright, but chose not to so as to humor himself(When you're the strongest in the universe, you hold back, other wise you would never get to have any fun when everyone you fight dies in the first hit...).

The balancing factor with Frieza should be that either everyone plays as Frieza, and thus is on the same playing field where everyone is the same and no one is any different from anyone else(boring if you ask me), or everyone whom isn't Frieza teams up against the player who is to take him down as a team, which is much more accurate to the idea behind much of Dragon Ball Z, rarely if ever was the big bad guy of the saga defeated purely by one character's actions alone.

Saiyan Saga, Raditz was defeated only because Goku and Piccolo teamed up, and Vegeta was only defeated with much help from Gohan, Krillin, Yajirobe(as small of a part as he played), and Goku working together.

Namek/Ginyu Saga, Ginyu required the combined efforts of Ginyu-Goku, Krillin, Gohan, and Vegeta(Too lazy to sum up most of the rest of the saga, but in general Gohan and Krillin pretty much had to team up against what ever it was they faced).

Frieza Saga, Frieza was pretty much taken down little by little in each form by a combination of everyone involved up until Goku transformed, but the fact remains that even then, Gohan still ended up lending a hand briefly before the Namekian dragon sent them away.

Garlic Jr. Saga, again, group effort to defeat him.

Trunks Saga, pretty much the only instance in which a major villain was defeated single handed, but Frieza was not intended to be the main focus any more, the Androids were.

Android Saga, Android 19 fought Goku before Vegeta arrived, so technically it was a group effort, but that doesn't really matter at all since Android 17, 18, and 16 are the main focus of this saga. Vegeta and Trunks both failed against the androids, and only Piccolo came close to defeating them before Cell came along and changed everyone's game plan.

Cell, once more group effort. While he had eaten a Sensu bean prior to fighting Gohan, it still required more than Gohan alone to defeat him(remember, everyone was blasting at Cell from different directions during their final beam struggle to help distract him so that Gohan could finish him off...).

Buu Saga, long story short, it took both Goku and Vegeta working together to defeat Majin Buu once he reverted to his "kid" form.

Over all, pretty much the entirety of Dragon Ball Z is based on the premise of the good guys being forced to team up to be able to defeat the bad guys. So yes, the bad guys should be dangerous for one player alone to deal with, unless they too are at a level close to or above par with the villain in question.

From a game-play tactics perspective, 1 on 1 might rule for the lower level player, but an entire server(5+ players or even more) teaming up against a single player whom is using Frieza brings it back into a sense of accurate balance. Unless someone is playing a character of Super Saiyan strength or higher, Frieza in his 4th form should remain a significant threat.

Besides, what I'm saying is pointless, is your complaining about attacks that are not finished yet, so complaining about it serves to accomplish nothing seeing as how it will be different when it's completed anyways... Just wait until it's officially done before saying it's wrong...

Um.. You sure are thorough that's for sure but I wasn't complaining for asking for a specific thing in the game. All I did was state my opinion. And please don't see this as me starting an argument. That's the last thing I want to do right now.

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

Buksna wrote : Frieza fired 2 different DeathBalls in show (orange and black) so I think spots are already reserved Wink

He fired a purple one as well. That one was actually the strongest one according to some facts. He fired it, and the planet that was hit was instantly destroyed. The fastest destruction of a planet until Kid Buu appeared.

Buksna Blaizing View user's profile Send private message

I thought Vegeta had fastest one (Its in first episodes - when he was comming to Earth)

Mima The Disciple View user's profile Send private message

Nah, I have just re-watched it. Frieza's is much faster. And Vegeta's attack was a beam, not a ball. Here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68ZYx6W_hs0&feature=player_detailpage#t=686s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFDSwxX_NDQ&feature=related

Vegeta's Attack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f22Ub_pqV0s&feature=player_detailpage#t=72s

KleptoDaGod View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, September 24, 2011

Djosama wrote : I agree with Zay. I also think that the argument is not pointless. Yes you have to be accurate to the anime but also consider the gameplay elements. Frieza already being as strong as he is would be slam near unbeatable with a rapid death ball for young rascals who can't really defend against spamming.

I don't know if that attack currently works as it's supposed to, but if it does then spamming isn't really something to worry about unless you're on the ground and someone using Frieza is in the air. Basically the attack can be spammed, but (at the moment) it doesn't accurately hit what you're aiming at anyway, which is a good thing. If anything a technique like this would be more of a tactical technique to keep an enemy in one spot.

Only on the ground would this attack be any real threat due to the large explosions, which Shenku did say would be scaled down anyway. I don't think it's something to really worry about until a more complete version of the attack emerges in later versions.

Reply with quote Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Random thought : Who else thinks the Gohan currently in the SVN should soar like this?

Buksna Blaizing View user's profile Send private message

Did he ever do it like that?

I actually think not but its still kind of fits him *intense laughter*

JayREEZY View user's profile Send private message

Maybe, but here is straight from the anime

ssj6vegeta View user's profile Send private message

chibi Gohan did something like that in the opening sequence but kid Gohan did it like jar=why reezys post

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, September 30, 2011

ssj6vegeta wrote : chibi Gohan did something like that in the opening sequence but kid Gohan did it like jar=why reezys post

If I recall correctly, Gohan ran with his arms out like that when he was little, but he never flew like that. Of course at that time, Gohan didn't know how to fly yet, either.

As best as I can recall, he almost always did the "superman" style pose with his fists out in front of him(like in Jay's example) when he was flying around as a kid.

ssj6vegeta View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, September 30, 2011

Shenku wrote :

ssj6vegeta wrote : chibi Gohan did something like that in the opening sequence but kid Gohan did it like jar=why reezys post

If I recall correctly, Gohan ran with his arms out like that when he was little, but he never flew like that. Of course at that time, Gohan didn't know how to fly yet, either.

As best as I can recall, he almost always did the "superman" style pose with his fists out in front of him(like in Jay's example) when he was flying around as a kid.

no it wasn't really "flying" I mean the opening sequencs he was in the air like that then his dad caught him...that's what I meant I didn't explain enough

Reply with quote Saturday, October 01, 2011

Hey, I know I've been coming with some crappy suggestions trying to make the game closer to the show. But I think this could be a good one.

I mean it gets pretty discomforting when a person spams a strong beam like Masenko or Galick gun and you're too week to struggle or block it. (let alone deflect it) So while you run, zanzoken and fly away it always seems to be on your tail even if you go in a full circle right?

Maybe we should only be able to control our beams to a certain degree. So after a certain change in trajectory we loose control and that's the direction the beam goes in. (well not literally loose control but fail to curve the beam any further).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRh8qtMQXos&feature=related (skip to around 2:30 maybe 2:32)

VladUzumaki View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, October 01, 2011

Development SVN can you animate hair for Goku Super Saiyan 3 ?

and I thnik what to do for beam struggle when two so powerful beam found make big ball of energy like in this video 1:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1hY5a2GSLQ&feature=related

Reply with quote Sunday, October 02, 2011

VladUzumaki wrote : Development SVN can you animate hair for Goku Super Saiyan 3 ?

That would require code changes to work correctly without affecting any of the other tiers. Currently, the "override head" flag is generic across all tiers, so animating the Super Saiyan 3 hair to not poke through Goku's body would require making it to be set on a per-tier basis, or removing it from the animation file entirely(which would remove any of the aura or movement animations from Goku's hair in his normal "tier1" state, which is not desirable).

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Raditz' hair is animated..

Mjuksel Your Past View user's profile Send private message

Normal Goku's hair ? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Any comments on my post above? ^^^^^

TRL wrote : Raditz' hair is animated..

Yes, but he also doesn't have the "overrideHead" flag in his animation file, which would cause those animations to be replaced with the animation for charging Ki. The simplest solution would be to just make the animations for movement all longer to account for cloth and hair animation, but that would increase file size of each individual model, as well as require a rework of the animation files to match the longer movement cycles.

Mjuksel wrote : Normal Goku's hair ? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Yes, as in his non-Super Saiyan head model... Confused

Djosama wrote : Any comments on my post above? ^^^^^

Firstly, not all of the attacks are bendable currently, nor should they be made to be so since only on select occasions did a character alter the trajectory of their attack.

Secondly, while it is a bit difficult to avoid a beam as it's approaching when you're not immediately aware of it, you can easily dodge out of the way with some practice and some well timed zanzoken maneuvers before it would hit when you do see it. Also bare in mind that while they're controlling their beam, they're easily open to any attacks with limited ability to react. If they launch a beam at you, Zanzoken out of the way, close the distance between you and him, and punch him in the face. Problem solved. Razz

Reply with quote Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Shenku wrote : Punch him in the face. Problem solved. Razz

*laughing out loud* I did read the entire post and I do understand what you are saying but this seemed like the best piece to quote. I felt with limited beam flexibility the game would be closer to the anime. Also this isn't entirely on topic but could you explain to me how to use aim a beam when settings are on "Beam Head Focus". It seems slam near improbable to see where the beam is going unless targeted on a person.

Reply with quote Thursday, October 06, 2011

Djosama wrote :

Shenku wrote : Punch him in the face. Problem solved. Razz

*laughing out loud* I did read the entire post and I do understand what you are saying but this seemed like the best piece to quote. I felt with limited beam flexibility the game would be closer to the anime. Also this isn't entirely on topic but could you explain to me how to use aim a beam when settings are on "Beam Head Focus". It seems slam near improbable to see where the beam is going unless targeted on a person.

If you're referring to the "flash" near the character's hands as it's fired(which can sometimes be absurdly big, blocking your view of anything in front of you), then you can't really see around/through it if it's too big. That's why most big attacks don't have bendable trajectories, because why bother if you can't see what you're aiming at?(Not to mention that observation in the series hints that there was so much energy released in most beam attacks forcing them solely in one direction that they could not really have their trajectories altered by enough to warrant adding it to the attacks in ZEQ2 Lite...)

When you get right down to it, larger non-guided beam attacks all have the same principle behind them. Aim, fire, and pray you hit something before something hits you.

Domo-Kun View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, October 22, 2011

I just realized there's a playerSaibaman.shader in the svn :OO Does that mean we should expect our little green friends soon?

Hogeta View user's profile Send private message

Domo-Kun wrote : I just realized there's a playerSaibaman.shader in the svn :OO Does that mean we should expect our little green friends soon?

Gigris's rigging saibamen...

Domo-Kun View user's profile Send private message

Hogeta wrote :

Domo-Kun wrote : I just realized there's a playerSaibaman.shader in the svn :OO Does that mean we should expect our little green friends soon?

Gigris's rigging saibamen...

Unless he's working on the svn build, I couldn't have gotten the .shader from him

AnTycrisT RocksTar View user's profile Send private message

well... the saibaiman is already rigged and have animations (Goku's animation)... all he need is the tags... all you need is add that, change a couple of stuff in the animations and add the tags... the right one is the one with the name "Saibaman-Final-Rig-002-2010_fixed.max"

<<  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]