Content

Word Filters

nielsmillikan View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, November 04, 2009

what the heck someone edited my last post!!

I wrote that the game is not to my liking!

ESFER25 View user's profile Send private message

you can't say

S
econd to none!

Wink Wink XDXD

Bax21 View user's profile Send private message

hahahahha yeah I saw that... but why can't you say rule???

*laughing out loud* now its rule instead of
S
you
C
okay
Laughing

hahahahha still not working -.-

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Welcome to the word filter. Try not to go around it else you'll just end up making it stronger.

TRL View user's profile Send private message

I think it's an infringement on the freedom of expression. You can just trust us to not be too foulmouthed. Things can get very confusing sometimes.

Only sometimes? *intense laughter*, I can't say Telettubies *intense laughter*

The word filter's entire design is based on a tongue-in-cheek exaggeration upon such serious systems. Has very little to do with actual repression of vulgarity -- although it does provide delightful antonym representations of a lot of words. It actually fixes common spelling mistakes too.

It's often non-sequitur results are here to stay as a unique part of what makes the forums what they are! You're completely free to find synonyms to words you'd like to use or change your posts to reflect a non-preference oriented feel.

Thread split.

Alex Al Knows View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, November 05, 2009

I probably use expletives more than most in general conversation and then some when I'm coding. That said, the word filter here is the most epicly awesome thing to ever grace a forum.

Not only does it do as Brad said but it also has the upside that I have never seena truly angry post on ZEQ2 forums. People come across angry in internet debates even when they're not mostly due to a choice number of words. The word filter replaces most of these words with less offensive or incitive equivilents which just makes it such a friendier place and stops arguements breaking out.

Also, infringment of freedom of expression? On internet forums you have no implicit freedoms or rights except those allowed by the own of the sites. You wouldn't go into someone's house and be able to shout vulgarities at them under some "freedom of expression", would you? Smile

MDave ZEQ2-lite Ninja View user's profile Send private message

When you don't take your shoes off when you come into my house, I'll kick your buttocks. Laughing

lover mothers, leaping lizards, intellectually lacking, go love youself, rule my buttocks puppy of stuff.

Just verifying the filters *intense laughter*

Shane View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, November 06, 2009

I love when it says I have a dentist appointment

Reply with quote Saturday, November 07, 2009

Why I say Super Mega Ultra Mega Hyper Xtreme (times two) when I try say Super Saiyan j 5 (PLEASE don't edit this)?

And why I say *intense laughter* when I try say

That can't offend and it isn't exaggerate!!!

Reply with quote Sunday, November 08, 2009

It's not always about filtering things that are offensive. It seems to be adding new words on it's own now regardless of what we do -- a mind of it's own. Maybe it doesn't like non-canon terminology? Oh how the word filter works in mysterious ways.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]