Content

ZEQ2 SVN

Rellik View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, November 06, 2009

Does this really update because I just downloaded it and I still have the same bugs or do you wait until they announce a new beta.

medoxas View user's profile Send private message

*ponders* What do you mean

Deathshot View user's profile Send private message

I believe wait till the next beta.

Rellik View user's profile Send private message

I mean doesn't the svn update fix any bugs.

Nemix View user's profile Send private message

yes it does if there are

Alex Al Knows View user's profile Send private message

The SVN Update command updates your game to the latest version in the public SVN. Currently, you have the latest version in the public SVN, once some issues which are being worked on are sorted the public SVN will be updated with the bug fixes and refined structure, then the SVN Update command will update the game for you. Until then, it won't do particularly much Smile

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, November 07, 2009

Initially, the plan was to release very frequent updates to the SVN repository (several a week). However due to overall complication with user understanding of the process and frequent acceptance that we would be doing bigger, more character-oriented updates, we chose to instead wait for much larger build packages.

One primary flaw in the SVN process was the separation of internal and public versions. This was done to avoid users from being unsynced on versions from not manually updating before launching (and thus not being able to play with one another); however, it now presents complications with syncing the two Subversion setups as well as delays in updates due to managing multiple repositories.

We have considered switching to a different automated update manager as well (such as rsync) which would auto-update before program launch.

Most of the above comments are undecided and highly open to discussion -- rate of blog/build updates, distribution methods, etc.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]