<<  1, 2, 3  >>

Vegeta head sculpt

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, May 05, 2011

He's watching you, Najeeb...

TRL View user's profile Send private message

hmmm interesting Smile
I do think najeeb has a point, maybe his face should be frowning more which means: curled nose, wrinkles on the forehead and inbetween the eyebrows.

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Razz *laughing out loud* Zeth

suckapunch View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : hmmm interesting Smile
I do think najeeb has a point, maybe his face should be frowning more which means: curled nose, wrinkles on the forehead and inbetween the eyebrows.

I disagree because if he's trying to make what's on the picture...Vegeta is not frowning... the biggest problem is:the teeth, (the right eyebrow should be running up his head as if he was questioning someone) and the head needs to be tilted BACK a little more...not to the side..BACK

Courtesy of Jack Nicholson, I give you.. Vegeta!

There was a lot to be change in the eye area. I also gave him more receding hairline and more profound smirk.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

I disagree because if he's trying to make what's on the picture...Vegeta is not frowning... the biggest problem is:the teeth, (the right eyebrow should be running up his head as if he was questioning someone) and the head needs to be tilted BACK a little more...not to the side..BACK

Right, except that Ramunas has stated SEVERAL times that it is NOT supposed to be like the original as much as a uniquely creative interpretation of it. Therefore pretty much any changes or artistic directions he takes cannot be invalidated as improper course.

nielsmillikan View user's profile Send private message

My money is on TRL, his Photoshop skills beats everything Shocked

Lfs Z Artist View user's profile Send private message

Bruno, really nice Photoshop work Wink. I wonder if it is possible to get some what of shader in zbrush to make it look like your photoshoped version.

Zeth, heh. Interesting. Especially one, dedicated to Najeeb. Reminds me "Manhunt"

And the real battle is just about to start. Yes that means I will make his body. I wonder how long TRL will last to do photoshoping! Razz

Yeah I admit, stuff like eyelashes on the eyes and those fine details around the eyelids isn't easy to do with just zbrush.

But I think by retracting the eyesockets some more you can already do a lot. So the eyebrows are more manifested and cast more shadow.

I like this one too. Very Happy

TRL, would you mind, doing some *ponders*... drawovers, marking specifically with some red color where should I change things and mind posting those over here? I will fix those mistakes. It's hard for me to understand it by reading Smile

Once done with head, I will move to the armor - the one that Vegeta had when he landed on Earth, but it will be broken (one wing -I enjoy breaking symmetry now, haha)

Lfs wrote : TRL, would you mind, doing some *ponders*... drawovers, marking specifically with some red color where should I change things and mind posting those over here? I will fix those mistakes. It's hard for me to understand it by reading Smile

Once done with head, I will move to the armor - the one that Vegeta had when he landed on Earth, but it will be broken (one wing -I enjoy breaking symmetry now, haha)

I'm kind of tired now mate, but if you click on your previous render and then mine, you can switch back and forth in the internet browser and see what changes or you could open them both in Photoshop and put them on top of eachother.

You're turning this into a big project now? Smile
Funny how inspiration works.

by the way, Ramunas, do you have some sort of portfolio site? I'm thinking about posting this on my deviantart site, because I love the expression and I'll then link to your original and your portfolio. It won't get you much visitors but at least a few Wink

TRL wrote :

Lfs wrote : TRL, would you mind, doing some *ponders*... drawovers, marking specifically with some red color where should I change things and mind posting those over here? I will fix those mistakes. It's hard for me to understand it by reading Smile

I'm kind of tired now mate, but if you click on your previous render and then mine, you can switch back and forth in the internet browser and see what changes or you could open them both in Photoshop and put them on top of eachother.

You're turning this into a big project now? Smile
Funny how inspiration works.

by the way, Ramunas, do you have some sort of portfolio site? I'm thinking about posting this on my deviantart site, because I love the expression and I'll then link to your original and your portfolio. It won't get you much visitors but at least a few Wink

Well, I don't have my porftolio, but I do have my blog http://ramunaslfs.wordpress.com

Sure go ahead and post it anywhere you want Wink. I will move on the armor tomorrow when I am awake. Today is my rest day Smile

Haha, look at what I found. This is someone else's take on a real Vegeta. slam that looks wrong but cool at the same time.

Domo-Kun View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote : He's watching you, Najeeb...

It's okay. I didn't want to be able to sleep today anyway.

Reply with quote Friday, May 06, 2011

TRL wrote : Haha, look at what I found. This is someone else's take on a real Vegeta. slam that looks wrong but cool at the same time.

Oh you mean papiel's workshop?
Yeah. He has done thousands of those photoshoped versions of many characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJuS7n_qWew
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjkNoj79rAY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHDHHZGR3Kg
Check his channel for more.

This is going nowhere with such pace..

gogeto View user's profile Send private message

^When Vegeta made that face he didn't had that armor it was the other one.

^His hair is like dogs hair Very Happy

sorry for bad English Very Happy

Zielan KoRnified View user's profile Send private message

gogeto wrote : ^When Vegeta made that face he didn't had that armor it was the other one.

It's his choice.

Denz Exploitative / Efficient View user's profile Send private message

hey Ramunas love that you continued and didn't bail on it. Zeth has some great motivational and team mate powers, props to you too.

Here are my 2 cents if you want to make him look more "psycho" as you stated, just make his head bend more backwards and make the irises look half way into the eye lids, also note the mouth and his left nostril raised up a bit to give him that freaky expression.

Drawover speaks more than I can type

also I've fixed the neck muscles so that they start correctly

Reply with quote Saturday, May 07, 2011

Denz wrote : hey Ramunas love that you continued and didn't bail on it. Zeth has some great motivational and team mate powers, props to you too.

Here are my 2 cents if you want to make him look more "psycho" as you stated, just make his head bend more backwards and make the irises look half way into the eye lids, also note the mouth and his left nostril raised up a bit to give him that freaky expression.

Drawover speaks more than I can type

also I've fixed the neck muscles so that they start correctly

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY Zeth AND Ramunas :p thanks DENZ

nielsmillikan View user's profile Send private message

I still find the expression given by TRL better Confused

trl one was a draw over for the eyes and some other features and colors , denz one is on the over all expression

Reply with quote Sunday, May 08, 2011

@ Gogeto: Thank you for your kind help, but I'm mixing the styles at the moment and trying to get what looks the best for me Wink. I might sculpt and the outfit he was wearing then.

@ Denz: Denz, my friend, thank you for such incredible help. It means really to me! I might not change everything you said, but I will definitely add your drawover into my account and I will put it to my blog and mark, that suggestions were made by you. Right now, I'm focussing something that might change my style/developing my own. I changed couple of things you've stated, but not everything. Thank you again for your hard effort and I'm glad to see you still visit this place.

@ najeeb: great, that Denz did what you wanted to see Wink

Right now I was working on fixing/tweaking some mistakes and added arms. Though those are still a wip. I know there is some weird feeling about hands, but trust me they are okay. It's just a pose. Once I will pose it, it will look good. You have my word. But proportions lack something. If you think know it, be sure to tell! Else - comments and drawovers are welcomed as usual!

And yes, I've added some basic blood colors, hehehe. Anyhow. Those will change anyways.

Denz Exploitative / Efficient View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, May 08, 2011

hey no problem man, anything that can help my old team mate improve his work

Anyway, as I remember Vegeta has pretty small body compared to his head, my suggestion is that you should follow that idea as it will solidify the character, also bigger forehead will make him more Vegeta and more meaner if you can believe that Very Happy

keep it going you will get it done pretty fast with that pace and don't be sentimental, if you need to change something don't hesitate.

you should check this guy out also, he's done some mad Vegeta anatomy.

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82347

Reply with quote Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The perfection was never so close...

<<  1, 2, 3  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]