Content

Brand new auras

RedHot View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, November 09, 2009

That's right dear fans.

After some talk with Zeth I have decided to take the duty of coding something neat out of the auras. (They aren't too pretty right now). I would like to discuss it with you and ask for some good reference and maybe a description. When I get a fair overview of these I will then post the progress. (Except the first steps to take some time). Waiting to read your suggestions.

Baldwin Lost Soul View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, November 09, 2009

I really think it should be like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYon-4CEbhc&feature=related

Deathshot View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Actually that's not that hard to do. Just offset the Spirit Bomb and recolor it.

Well it's an exceptional aura. I addmit that the spherical part is easy to achieve but the first (typical) part would be trickier. I'd rather collect info on a standard one.

Serduszko View user's profile Send private message

If they will be as good as in old ZEQ.I'm thinking about Cell 1form and Super Veg.auras(they were perfect!)
Also characters.in Lite are far away from old ZEQ-they lack of details,to much sun/light on them-look on old Cell 1form he is perfect;d

picture or it didn't happen. No seriously, I couldn't find any cell reference on YT. Could you please link me with what you mean ? (If it's the old ZEQ2 forums I don't have access to these Sad - no account).

Serduszko View user's profile Send private message

Man.Everything is in Topic-old ZEQ2 screenshots/photos.

EqR View user's profile Send private message

I'm not sure what you mean when you say, "code" something out of the auras, since I am not too familiar with the programming/coding aspects of game-design, but I think that it should be reproduced with a sort of particle generator (particles, basically) in the shape of a flame in my opinion.

A lot of particles "logic" is in code. I am saying a lot, not all, because I am not yet sure if there are some additional scripts manipulating the sprites in player files.

About particles. Well it's not really a generator, it's more like a manipulator. You tell the client which particles to draw, how to move them, change their alphas and some more. About flames - it would be pretty neat to simulate gas distribution ( ^^) But :
1) It's quite difficult physics and I am not interested in copy-pasting code from the net
2) It's quite computationally expensive. Of course you can just "throw" particles in a direction with some threshold, but it doesn't look sexy in this case. I guess the key here is the proper look of sprites.

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Going the route of a generic flame-type particle aura is the same mistake that most commercial games and other mods tend to make. The approach is generally nowhere near the presentation the aura in the series has.

Our approach is largely on the right trail, but unfinished. Currently, each model has 12-15 aura tags placed around the outside perimeter of the mesh. These conform to and represent the model's general silhouette at any time. Regardless of animations, the tags stay adjacent to their respective areas.

The problem lies in how these tags are currently used. Right now, the process just involves adding a simple aura spike sprite that is scale faded outward. Ideally what should happen is each spike is placed on a spline path to the next aura tag in the chain to create actual aura solidity and flow rather than just a spraying outward. Aside from that and the missing inside spikes, the aura is ideal from a design standpoint in terms of quality and accuracy.

Implementing proper spike spline path flow should be your primary goal, Redhot, however this may involve renaming the existing tag names for now so that their ordering is more cohesive.

Good luck.

DBZkrisfhugz View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, June 18, 2015

Why my aura is like this now? I've put the right auras

AnTycrisT RocksTar View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, June 18, 2015

DBZkrisfhugz wrote : Why my aura is like this now? I've put the right auras

because if you don't separate the model (head, upper, lower) you can add only 7 aura tags:

tag_aura0
tag_aura1
tag_aura2
tag_aura3
tag_aura4
tag_aura5
tag_aura6

Eagle The Purpose View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, June 19, 2015

>AnTycrisT

Per model or for the three ?

I did separated them.. Head Upper Lower, Using Npherno.

But what happened is this when SKill+moving. Even my auras have problems. I don't know why. When I make characters before it was better

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

DBZkrisfhugz wrote : I did separated them.. Head Upper Lower, Using Npherno.

But what happened is this when SKill+moving. Even my auras have problems. I don't know why. When I make characters before it was better

That's because your torso tag isn't properly anchored to look at a specific point. It's rotation is ignored on a Lower mesh in the engine(only its location is used to place the Upper), but the Upper mesh uses its rotation which allows it to reorient the upper torso to face the direction the character is attacking in.

If there's some kind of animation tool to setup a "look at" target on an object, you need to use that on the tag_torso in order to make sure it always points to a box or dummy object way out in front of the character, then try re-exporting that and it should work.

And why are you resurrecting this thread from 2009 instead of just creating a new thread? Your question isn't really even related to this thread's topic...

Shenku wrote :
And why are you resurrecting this thread from 2009 instead of just creating a new thread? Your question isn't really even related to this thread's topic...

I was trying to talk about my auras... I couldn't find the perfect thread, but I only found this Thread. I'm sorry for my rudeness

EDIT: Problem solved, Just like Shenku Said. the tag_torso should look always in X axis. In 3ds max, they call it.. "Look at Constraint" and in Blender, They Call it "Track to Constraint"

Shenku RiO Incarnate View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, June 20, 2015

DBZkrisfhugz wrote :

Shenku wrote :

I was trying to talk about my auras... I couldn't find the perfect thread, but I only found this Thread. I'm sorry for my rudeness

It wasn't rude, I didn't mean to imply anything like that, it just made little sense to revive such an old only semi-relatable thread since starting a new thread to ask something like this would have been perfectly acceptable.

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]