Content

<<  1, 2, 3 ... , 48, 49, 50  >>

Z Warrior Chronicles

najeeb My Sir View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, December 01, 2012

Linkxp500 wrote : That was the longest post I've ever seen from you, Brad. *stunned*

I really just don't want to discuss this subject *right now* because I have more important things to worry about, and I'm just exhausted from trying to think of the appropriate response to others' comments.

RealDeal wrote :

a Big bang Kamehameha from Zeth is coming straight for you link :*laughing out loud*: :*laughing out loud*: :*laughing out loud*:

well we saw it coming Laughing Laughing

also after reading brads post I actually now believe this thread in fact should be here , ill admit I went over board by suggesting to just delete it which is clearly not the proper way out of this

qwerty In Advance View user's profile Send private message

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

good. I like the maps, need more work in quality(models etc).. but for the mechanics,animations is good..

ssj6vegeta View user's profile Send private message

NELLO!! wrote : good. I like the maps, need more work in quality(models etc).. but for the mechanics,animations is good..

the game is on hold for now though...he's trying to find a job currently

Branks View user's profile Send private message

Nothing wrong with the models. They are good enough. At least this project is progressing unlike anything I've seen in the 'Fan Projects' area.

Reply with quote Sunday, December 02, 2012

Branks wrote : Nothing wrong with the models. They are good enough. At least this project is progressing unlike anything I've seen in the 'Fan Projects' area.

they are simple cliffs either created by the brush in unity or most likely deformed boxes in 3dsmax

NELLO!! Mitico View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, December 02, 2012

is pretty Wink ..

RealDeal View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, January 13, 2013

Project halted news
http://www.moddb.com/games/z-warrior-chronicles/news/journal-21-hiatus

TRL View user's profile Send private message

Can't say I didn't see this coming.

Good job qwerty and anyone else who helped to spread zwc against xatoku's wishes. Confused

See this is why respect is still needed on the internet, at the end of the day, you're still dealing with people...

Selfish brats.

Laguna|DaGGeR View user's profile Send private message

*laughing out loud* so some people from his team released the newer version in their irc chat for fans *laughing out loud*

Acaryus Cutting-Edge View user's profile Send private message

Laguna|DaGGeR wrote :
so some people from his team released the newer version in their irc chat for fans

No, you misunderstood. Read this again : http://www.moddb.com/games/z-warrior-chronicles/news/journal-21-hiatus

Kakarot2550 View user's profile Send private message

Hey you who made this mod
why I cannot make my Character from Start again

I want to play it but I can't because I destroyed
my character in game and now I can't make a new one!! Sad Sad Sad

TRL wrote : Can't say I didn't see this coming.

Good job qwerty and anyone else who helped to spread zwc against xatoku's wishes. Confused

See this is why respect is still needed on the internet, at the end of the day, you're still dealing with people...

Selfish brats.

since xatoku does not want to speak to anyone and let them explain their actions I have also decided that I will only remove the links from my site if xatoku personally talks to me on the issue hahahahhahahahha Sad

xatoku irc =xatoku rules
my site=my rules

ssj6vegeta View user's profile Send private message

Laguna|DaGGeR wrote : *laughing out loud* so some people from his team released the newer version in their irc chat for fans *laughing out loud*

completely wrong *laughing out loud* read again

RealDeal wrote :

Selfish brats.

since xatoku does not want to speak to anyone and let them explain their actions I have also decided that I will only remove the links from my site if xatoku personally talks to me on the issue hahahahhahahahha Sad

xatoku irc =xatoku rules
my site=my rules

You prove my point perfectly. You didn't ask permission to put it on your site in the first place.

TRL wrote :

RealDeal wrote :

Selfish brats.

xatoku irc =xatoku rules
my site=my rules

You prove my point perfectly. You didn't ask permission to put it on your site in the first place.

actually I did go to ask permission but then he got high

@ssj6vegeta
please convey the message

Konan View user's profile Send private message

RealDeal wrote :

TRL wrote :

RealDeal wrote :

Selfish brats.

xatoku irc =xatoku rules
my site=my rules

actually I did go to ask permission but then he got high

@ssj6vegeta
please convey the message

some creator has to much ego

@trl
I think its time you went over to the ZWC Irc and spoke to xatoku.

edit-by the way by halted I meant paused its no dead

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

See this is why respect is still needed on the internet, at the end of the day, you're still dealing with people... Selfish brats.

Don't be mistaken. It's not RealDeal/qwerty's fault.
Xatoku is referring to myself in his post.

He contacted me recently with a request to remove all links of anyone ever finding his public SVNs on these forums. I explained this would not realistic. I tried to help again and explain to him how public services work and that it would be a poor choice to try and suppress free information on a free forum. Alternatively, I personally offered any of his projects private SVN hosting options at no cost; he declined. He refuses to accept any manner of help if it comes from myself.

The most depressing conclusion to this needless internet drama is that Xatoku is now working on a Pokemon project with Skatter -- who feels he was caught in the collateral fallout and has now cut himself off from ZEQ2/ZEQ2-lite development. As many of you know, Skatter, as modest as he was, played pivotal roles as teacher, effects artist, and overall motivational speaker to rally developers of all kinds. His loss to the ranks is costly for this project and without any real purpose/reason.

Laguna|DaGGeR View user's profile Send private message

that skatter OH MY GOODNESS

Xatoku ... View user's profile Send private message

Whether or not this starts a war doesn't matter to me. I left earlier because I choose not to be bothered by this drama, but considering that the project is on halt it seems like a good time to put an end to it. For the record, my intention with this last post is to just clear up any confusion that there may be, not to retort any enraged arguments towards myself or anyone else.

Around last October I restarted ZWC. I did this in order to build it properly as my first attempt to make it was made while I was learning Unity, so naturally it was sub-par. One of the things I wanted to tackle right of the bat was multiplayer. I wanted to test those features with my friends, so I registered an SVN on assembla (free SVN hosting website).

For two months, it was fine. There were no issues, all was golden in the land of ZWC. One day somebody pops up in the chat and asks if he could test it with us. I said sure. We did a simple - and incredibly fun - multiplayer test where we all just fought for an hour and recorded any bugs that came up. Week or two later I get informed that that SVN was posted by that same person, along with videos, pictures, etc.

Now prior to this, nobody knew or cared for an SVNas to them it didn't exist. Would you have gone searching for it otherwise? I didn't tell anyone about it apart from the regulars in the channel (Skatter, Anoxable, Veggie, Dokumas, Zielan, Acaryus). My hostility came from that person not asking me, let alone telling me, they'd release it. I would have said no, but at least I would have known about it. Few days later I see the new revision up everywhere as glitchy and crappy as it is. It's my game, so it's only natural that I'd want to control when it gets released. It's embarrassing to put something so half-assed out there. And to reiterate, the fact that I didn't even know about it was what irked me the most.

I start asking IndieDB mods to remove the links, etc. It still finds it's way up though. RealDeal, you did come and ask me if you could post it, but you had already posted it prior to joining the channel. That's why I booted you right off the bat, because it felt like you didn't care about what I wanted. You were just asking to ask. Whether or not that was true is beyond me, but at that time, that's what it felt like. I hope that you'll remove the link after reading this, but I get that it's your site, so do as you wish.

While all of that stuff was happening, I was also kicking Brad from the ZWC IRC, and not responding to his PMs. I did that because I don't like him. There isn't going to be any catharsis there. Prior to this entire ordeal it was because of an argument we had last January which put a halt on our brief "friendship" (yes, believe it or not, there was one once upon a time). But that's between him and myself, and we can hash that one out in the IRC, not here.

So eventually, I talked to qwerty. He was the one that released it. So no, Zeth, my post was not directed at you, but stay tuned as you'll be in the spotlight soon enough. But anyway, qwerty and I had a chat and he agreed to remove the link after I explained my case. But then another shot goes off when Zeth told all of you cool kids about both this project and another over at assembla. That's when things got out of control.

This happens. Skatter leaves. I lock the chat and remove the SVN. ZWC is basically canceled as the drama has started to drag friends into the mix. And then harsh words are exchanged from everyone and buildings explode, cats and dogs start living together. Mass hysteria. Why Skatter left is an extremely personal reason which can not be simply brushed off, nor can it be debunked as a misunderstanding. It happened. He left. As simple as that. And the fact that it was because of my actions that caused this spark is why I am so cautious towards everyone here (apart from friends of course).

I tried doing nothing in the hopes that this would put an end to itself, but it seems to keep getting worse every single time it makes a resurgence. It's so unnecessary. Now I find myself in a pickle as I want to work on both ZWC and the project being worked on by Skatter and me, but if I do, I need an SVN. SVN's aren't free, and I don't have money. Ergot, hiatus.

So I decide to ask Brad if we can just work in peace, without a fear of the SVN being released until we do it ourselves. You can read that chat here, if it's important to you:

http://pastie.org/5680715

Take that as you will, but the short answer was no. I'm sure it's no mystery to anyone who reads this that I don't care for him, so of course I wouldn't want his help. Call it what you want, but I'm not associating my project by any means with the one person who seems to be nothing but detrimental towards it. That situation is hopeless, as is trying to make peace between us. The best we can get would be tolerance. I leave him alone, he leaves me alone. End. Good game.

Now this is going to be greeted with either hatred, deletion, or a novel, but when my friends are being dragged into a battle whilst I sit back and say nothing, hoping it will brush over, I need to draw the line somewhere. That's why I am explaining my case now. I want to release a new project within a few weeks. I don't want any trouble, please.

So I ask all of you. Every single person that reads this thread, even Brad. Stop. Let's just go back to our different projects and leave each other alone. I'd like to start up this new project with no burdens left over from ZWC, and I'd also like ZWC to continue to get worked on. I'm begging you guys. Let me and Brad settle our issues on the IRC. There's absolutely zero need for any of you to be arguing over this stuff. You're free to do as you wish, obviously, but I only want to express my concern as it doesn't get us anywhere to be fighting the same fight, month after month.

As I said, I'm letting all of this go (reopening the channel, un-ignoring, etc.) once this is posted. I just want a truce between all of us. Dislike me if you well, there's no sense in getting all riled up over it.

There. That is my explanation to everything. It doesn't have to convince you, but it is my explanation none the less. Let's stop trying to breed drama over the internet, and just move on. Hope to see you guys on the other side Smile.

Reply with quote Monday, January 14, 2013

Wars, truces? Hehe Xatoku I do think you have a natural tendency toward over dramatizing yourself. There's nobody against you and you shouldn't think that way either. Maybe you're just a little too paranoid. Razz

From Brad's point of view he was convinced all he was suggesting was for the benefit of your project. You're talking about it being detrimental.
Brad should know when to let it go better and you should be a little less distrusting. I guess I can kind of guess how you felt about his potential involvement though, like he was trying to take over. In the end you want control over your own brainchild.

I agree everyone should just let it be.

I kind of see Brad in this as the too much involved parent who should let his kids make the same mistakes he did. It's part of growing up. Smile

Well that's my 2 cents. And I hear you're doing a pokemon project now. Maybe you'd want a talk with nielsmillikan he's working on a pokemon project himself. Me and him also had one in the past of which you could use the models if you'd like. There's a thread on this forum about it.

Trl pretty much explained the whole situation in 2 paragraphs

Zeth The Admin View user's profile Send private message

Let me and Brad settle our issues on the IRC.

[05:30] *** #ZWarriorChronicles Cannot join channel (+b) - you are released

To be fair I spent the last 2 hours or so talking to Xatoku in IRC. We sorted every single personal issue with one another in intelligent and self-critical ways. It was a glorious monument to the human condition.

Then the music changed. He proclaimed that he was truly the bad guy in this story. While turning his back, he threw his lit cigarette into the gasoline around me and, just like that, re-banned me.

Mystery solved.

Maszek View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote :

Let me and Brad settle our issues on the IRC.

[05:30] *** #ZWarriorChronicles Cannot join channel (+b) - you are released

To be fair I spent the last 2 hours or so talking to Xatoku in IRC. We sorted every single personal issue with one another in intelligent and self-critical ways. It was a glorious monument to the human condition.

Then the music changed. He proclaimed that he was truly the bad guy in this story. While turning his back, he threw his lit cigarette into the gasoline around me and, just like that, re-banned me.

Mystery solved.

brother-sama? Very Happy Very Happy

<<  1, 2, 3 ... , 48, 49, 50  >>

Actions

Online [ 0 / 6125]